Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

5 more on the covid list/ Wentz and others will play if their symptoms are improving

bleed blue4life

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, csmopar said:

Yeah… I’m not sure what they’re going to do. But the next few weeks are going to see a big spike in positive cases from players to just people in general. I’m thinking same as you, perhaps take a weekend off, but then that would really mess up all of the scheduling from now to the Super Bowl. 

1 minute ago, RollerColt said:

Yeah… I’m not sure what they’re going to do. But the next few weeks are going to see a big spike in positive cases from players to just people in general. I’m thinking same as you, perhaps take a weekend off, but then that would really mess up all of the scheduling from now to the Super Bowl. 

They could cancel the pro-bowl and take away the bye week between the championship games and the super bowl

9 minutes ago, RollerColt said:

Delete pro bowl, no one watches it anyway, move the playoffs back a week

6 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Delete pro bowl, no one watches it anyway, move the playoffs back a week

I could very well see that try to get through the next two weeks and then take time off when things will probably be worse and you only have half the teams to manage.  

With that said there are tv contracts and partners that will play a role in that.

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

I could very well see that try to get through the next two weeks and then take time off when things will probably be worse and you only have half the teams to manage.  

With that said there are tv contracts and partners that will play a role in that.

If the nfl shortens Ir to 5 days it will keep most players playing.

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

I only lost my smell. But it’s kind of back but kind of isn’t. I can smell super strong stuff like vinegar or certain high proof alcohols. But things like peanut butter or maple syrup, nope, not a thing. 

I didn't lose sense of taste or smell but it did lead to pneumonia and pulmonary embolism. I had some serious breathing issues for several days. I couldn't breathe at all lying on my back and I'd get out of breath just walking from one side of my apartment to the other. Spent a week in the hospital. This was last February. 

2 minutes ago, J@son said:

I didn't lose sense of taste or smell but it did lead to pneumonia and pulmonary embolism. I had some serious breathing issues for several days. I couldn't breathe at all lying on my back and I'd get out of breath just walking from one side of my apartment to the other. Spent a week in the hospital. This was last February. 

I used my CPAP nonstop for 2 days. Only way I could breathe. After that, I was fine. My wife was sick at the same time, she lost smell and taste and dealt with a stupidly high fever for about 3 days. That vomitting. I just had the breathing issues and the loss of smell with non stop muscle spasms. 

5 minutes ago, J@son said:

Glad you beat it btw 

9 minutes ago, J@son said:

I had the same experience. Started at Christmas last year, and I wasn't completely over it until June-ish.

I could barely talk until mid-Feb.

ONE correction, though: I did NOT come up with pulmonary embolism

12 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

If the nfl shortens Ir to 5 days it will keep most players playing.

For non symptomatic players, I could see that. I’m telling you from first hand experience, if a player gets Covid and is symptomatic, there’s little to no chance they suit up for game time as they likely won’t be over it. I’m a very healthy person with an well above average immune system. I rarely EVER get sick. Covid put me on my butt last week. Most people take 3-5 days to get pass the fever. You’re contagious as long as you have the fever, actually 24 hours after. Which averages 3-5 days right there. 

2 minutes ago, csmopar said:

For non symptomatic players, I could see that. I’m telling you from first hand experience, if a player gets Covid and is symptomatic, there’s little to no chance they suit up for game time as they likely won’t be over it. I’m a very healthy person with an well above average immune system. I rarely EVER get sick. Covid put me on my butt last week. Most people take 3-5 days to get pass the fever. You’re contagious as long as you have the fever, actually 24 hours after. Which averages 3-5 days right there. 

All that probably means is they can’t come back and play if they still have symptoms. Not that they could never have symptoms. Most of these players have no symptoms. Your assuming all these players have a lot of symptoms. They don’t.

18 minutes ago, J@son said:

I am glad you are OK. But you are right, rather lose a bit of sense of smell than have pneumonia and be hypoxic, if given a choice.

Man, my neighbor had the same thing but took the chance and stayed home with 2 kids, aged 6 and 1. I told him a few months after his Covid episode "someone up there wanted you alive, man". I am 49 and he is at least 10 years younger. Sometimes people look at hospitalization or non-hospitalization as some badge of honor. Who are you trying to score brownie points with? The Covid statistics man? If you have decent insurance and are in distress, admit yourself, period and stop playing hero, that is what I would tell people.

I am just glad my neighbor got through it, he couldn't walk a few steps up the stairs without going short of breath. He is a good friend of mine that I talk with all the time and he never told me a word while enduring all of this. Funny thing pride is. Thankfully, when I got my breakthrough infection, my fever came down after 7 days non-stop though it was hovering around the 100-101 range the last couple of days, and my oxygen saturation on my Oximeter never went below 94 at my worst. I am certain my neighbor was hypoxic, knowing what I know now.

8 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Almost everyone in the NFL testing positive is Asymptomatic.    Very few have had any symptoms 

3 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Almost everyone in the NFL testing positive is Asymptomatic.    Very few have had any symptoms 

Yep. No one is complaining if they are sick. It’s the ones who have no symptoms or their symptoms are gone quickly, Most are tested to find out they have it. Don’t even realize they have it,

3 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Not saying you’re wrong, but if that’s truly case, why has no player, not a single player returned sooner than the 10 days, if all they need to be is a Asymptomatic  and a negative test?

1 minute ago, Wentzszn said:

Yep. No one is complaining if they are sick. It’s the ones who have no symptoms or their symptoms are gone quickly, Most are tested to find out they have it. Don’t even realize they have it,

Probably true but let’s not forget Nelson, Glow and Leonard were all out for “illness” for a couple days PRIOR to their positive tests. 

1 minute ago, csmopar said:

Not saying you’re wrong, but if that’s truly case, why has no player, not a single player returned sooner than the 10 days, if all they need to be is a Asymptomatic  and a negative test?

You can test positive and have no symptoms.    It's been the case from the beginning.    These guys are Supreme athletes.   

They are also not going to require a negative test. It will just be five days as long as symptoms are not there at that time.  The ten day rule never required a negative test.

14 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

All that probably means is they can’t come back and play if they still have symptoms. Not that they could never have symptoms. Most of these players have no symptoms. Your assuming all these players have a lot of symptoms. They don’t.

No, my point is that we honestly don’t know. I’m just saying not to assume one way or the other 

1 minute ago, Wentzszn said:

They have since the nfl started letting players come back quicker. 

Source? Because they just said during the pregame Saturday night that no player had come off a Covid list in less than 10 days. That’s where I’m getting my stat from

Just now, csmopar said:

Source? Because they just said during the pregame Saturday night that no player had come off a Covid list in less than 10 days. That’s where I’m getting my stat from

Mayfield is one example. Looks like Zach pascal got a negative test this morning by his tweet. That’s only a couple days. I follow Twitter and I see the national guys report when guys are cleared. 

4 minutes ago, Wentzszn said:

Mayfield is one example. Looks like Zach pascal got a negative test this morning by his tweet. That’s only a couple days. I follow Twitter and I see the national guys report when guys are cleared. 

So I just looked it up. Negative tests mean all but nothing under current NFL policy, what matters is a blood test to determine the active number of virus bodies in the blood stream. If the number of virus bodies are below a certain threshold AND they have a negative test with no symptoms, they can return sooner than 10 days. Per NFL’s own article, so far, no player has returned a blood test below the threshold 

3 hours ago, buccolts said:

So, Delta is over? No new cases?

Not quite….  Delta is still out there….  But Omicron has quickly overwhelmed it.    A week ago, I saw a graphic that new cases of Covid were running 73-27 Omicron.  

And that was about a week ago!

Omicron is spreading like wild fire right now, and we’re going to have several more weeks of this craziness.    I’m hoping it calms down by the playoffs, but that’s just wishful thinking on my part. 

5 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Try to find an example of players having symptoms 

Google is your friend

Some might have mild symptoms but there have been a lot who haven’t even known they have it.

Breden smith might be the one to watch because he would be on list through Saturday if they change if. So they would have to activate him on Saturday even though he isn’t on the list. That would go for everyone on the list today.

So I just looked it up. Negative tests mean all but nothing under current NFL policy, what matters is a blood test to determine the active number of virus bodies in the blood stream. If the number of virus bodies are below a certain threshold AND they have a negative test with no symptoms, they can return sooner than 10 days. Per NFL’s own article, so far, no player has returned a blood test below the threshold 

Why are you arguing this . The nfl does not do blood tests from what I understand.

How about we just wait and see what happens by Sunday.

Archived