Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Fans!

compuls1v3

Foreign to Indianapolis   

79 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a local fan?

18 minutes ago, HungarianColtsFan said:

Actually not. I'm working in Budapest. Somehow I did not get to Bratislava ever so far. 

I was told Budapest was the greatest city in the world for young people but this was back in 1999 when I was still relatively young.  I still want to go but there are so many places I want to see. 

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Cool town. Not a ton to do, but I'd highly recommend going in December if you ever do make it up. The month long Christmas fest in the market square is fun. Drank a bit of medovina every night for a couple weeks and had may gypsy roast sandwiches at the fest. And ate way too much Slovak pizza (why the hell do they put corn on pizza lol) and some potato dumpling dish. But December is a great time for a quaint getaway.

You can find plenty of Christmas fest in Budapest too (like in 3 or 4 in different places)

3 minutes ago, HungarianColtsFan said:

You can find ways to have fun for sure.

20 minutes ago, IinD said:

I think I was there for 2 weeks and ate Paprika chicken 80% of the time.. Lol 

Uggh, I want that again...

8 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Cool town. Not a ton to do, but I'd highly recommend going in December if you ever do make it up. The month long Christmas fest in the market square is fun. Drank a bit of medovina every night for a couple weeks and had may gypsy roast sandwiches at the fest. And ate way too much Slovak pizza (why the hell do they put corn on pizza lol) and some potato dumpling dish. But December is a great time for a quaint getaway.

Colts fan road trip?   Errrr plane trip

4 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

Colts fan road trip?   Errrr plane trip

I'm definitely down ..:thmup:

I'd love to at least get a group of board degenerates (myself included in that insult.. Lol) together to a game one day.

Just now, IinD said:

I'm definitely down ..:thmup:

I'd love to at least get a group of board degenerates (myself included in that insult.. Lol) together to a game one day.

Same here.  I went to Nashville this year and I must say it was tough making the game after Saturday night 

6 minutes ago, HungarianColtsFan said:

You can find plenty of Christmas fest in Budapest too (like in 3 or 4 in different places)

Oh I'm sure. I've been to Christmas fests in several spots. I just loved the market square quaintness of the one in Bratislava. I was staying at a little boutique hotel called Marrol's and the market square was a quick walk away. We'd hit it every night after dinner. I think I gained 10lbs that trip...... 

I'm a lifelong ny/nj guy and am probably moving to Chicagoland in the next year. 

Can't wait because I told the old lady get ready for me going to most colts games, I don't care about the drive. You can come with or not, whatever.. Lol

4 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

Same here.  I went to Nashville this year and I must say it was tough making the game after Saturday night 

Rookie move lol... 

Just kidding. It happens to the best of us. Had a few times where guys struggled to make it even to the tailgate pregame. 

Most of the time though, at least when we do guys trips (or couples trips), we always try to fly in on Fridays. Party Friday, chill and heal on Saturday, and cheer Sunday. For CFB, we try out hardest to go in Thursdays. 

Just now, EastStreet said:

Rookie move lol... 

Just kidding. It happens to the best of us. Had a few times where guys struggled to make it even to the tailgate pregame. 

Most of the time though, at least when we do guys trips (or couples trips), we always try to fly in on Fridays. Party Friday, chill and heal on Saturday, and cheer Sunday. For CFB, we try out hardest to go in Thursdays. 

It was my first beer!  Lol. 

actually part of the reason was the time zone.  I made it though.  

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Rookie move lol... 

I'll definitely will start partaking in going to college games. They look so fun in general.

Living on the east coast college ball isn't even a thing sadly. My buddies and I have done weird football games like Princeton/Temple/West Point. Totally different attending a game with a couple hundred people.

I love when you see those big schools that have 100K in attendance. Very cool.

From Aalborg, Denmark.

Got into football around 2000. Back then American Football wasn’t really a big thing in Denmark and we couldn’t really watch any games besides the Super Bowl. So my first game of football was the Rams against the Titans. 5 guys around a 24” TV. haha 

Still enjoy watching the Titans lose. :D

8 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

It was my first beer!  Lol. 

actually part of the reason was the time zone.  I made it though.  

Yup, time zone can get you. Pre-covid, I'd do a lot of concert road trips. Been to Denver a bunch, as well as Cali, for shows. Red Rocks is a must if you've never been. Did Aldean/Chesney and a few others at Mile High, and Underwood (I think) at Ball. We did a Friday concert at RR once followed immediately by one at MH the next day. Whoa that trip required some major pacing lol... Same day fly ins to LA have almost killed me lol.. 

4 minutes ago, IinD said:

I'll definitely will start partaking in going to college games. They look so fun in general.

Living on the east coast college ball isn't even a thing sadly. My buddies and I have done weird football games like Princeton/Temple/West Point. Totally different attending a game with a couple hundred people.

I love when you see those big schools that have 100K in attendance. Very cool.

Notre Dame would be an easy trip for you out of Chicago. Highly recommend going in early, and doing all the Friday night and Saturday ND traditions around campus. Also highly recommend just picking a big SEC game and flying in for the game. You really can't go wrong with SEC environments, but my favs are Knoxville (Vols), and Athens (UGA). Of course Bama, LSU, and Gators are all outstanding places to go too. Knoxville though is just a great town, and the stadium is right downtown.

10 minutes ago, Solid84 said:

From Aalborg, Denmark.

Got into football around 2000. Back then American Football wasn’t really a big thing in Denmark and we couldn’t really watch any games besides the Super Bowl. So my first game of football was the Rams against the Titans. 5 guys around a 24” TV. haha 

Still enjoy watching the Titans lose. :D

Why did you pick the Colts?

14 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Yup, time zone can get you. Pre-covid, I'd do a lot of concert road trips. Been to Denver a bunch, as well as Cali, for shows. Red Rocks is a must if you've never been. Did Aldean/Chesney and a few others at Mile High, and Underwood (I think) at Ball. We did a Friday concert at RR once followed immediately by one at MH the next day. Whoa that trip required some major pacing lol... Same day fly ins to LA have almost killed me lol.. 

I should rephrase.  Not time zone exactly but the game started at noon and I expected it to start at 1 like on the east coast.  I got there at 11:30 so still made it.  

Funny.  I was looking at red rock this year but my gf couldn’t take anymore time off.  I was looking at Brandy Carlisle.   I’ll definitely go sometime soon.  

11 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Why did you pick the Colts?

Didn’t start following the Colts specifically until around 2003. But the reason? Peyton Manning of course. :D 

His command of an offense was inspiring. 

Actually started out by following individual players - Priest Holmes, Mike Alstott, the Barber Twins and others - but Peyton won me over and I’ve been a Colts fan ever since. 

11 minutes ago, Fluke_33 said:

Funny.  I was looking at red rock this year but my gf couldn’t take anymore time off.  I was looking at Brandy Carlisle.   I’ll definitely go sometime soon.  

She'd be great there. Really, everything is great there. I want to see someone like Eric Church there. If Mumford and Sons return, will definitely try to get out there once we're past covid. I even did Pretty Lights (electronica DJ) with the CO symphony on a whim one night when we were out in Denver. I'm not an electronica kinda guy, but the show was awesome. 

Archived