Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Better Record at End of Season?

craigerb

Over which AFC teams do we have a better record/tie-breaker at end of season?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Pick all that apply

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am hoping the Titans.

Titans may finish 13 and 4 will be hard for colts to beat them out. Our best chance at playoffs is winning a wildcard spot because it will be tough for us to win out

So the Titans finish their schedule out like so:

KC - L
IND - Hoping we win this... (L)
LAR - L
NO - W
HOU - W

NE - W
BYE
JAX - W
PIT - L (I hope)
SF - W (but who knows, maybe Lance is cooking by then and a sneaky L for TEN?)
MIA - W
HOU - W

This would put them anywhere from 12 - 5 to 10 - 7 is SF and PIT can pull off wins. I'm sure it won't shake out exactly this way, but I don't see their record being that far off this assuming we can beat them when we play in week 8.

Meaning we need to beat all the teams we SHOULD beat (JAX twice, HOU again, NYJ and obviously TEN), plus at least 4 of the following to have a shot at the playoffs:

SF
BUF
TB
NE
ARI
LV 

We do love giving ourselves a steep hill to climb....

• Like 1

TN doesn't lose to KC or Pitts, but they probably don't beat NO. I think we can beat them at LOS, but we'll see. That would make them 12-5 and division Champs. They'd have to have a pretty monumental collapse for us to win the division after last night. But I think we have a decent shot at a WC at 10-7 and maybe a shot at 11-6 if we beat them in the rematch. We need to get and stay healthy and to quit beating ourselves. 

1 minute ago, FRW said:

TN doesn't lose to KC or Pitts, but they probably don't beat NO. I think we can beat them at LOS, but we'll see. That would make them 12-5 and division Champs. They'd have to have a pretty monumental collapse for us to win the division after last night. But I think we have a decent shot at a WC at 10-7 and maybe a shot at 11-6 if we beat them in the rematch. We need to get and stay healthy and to quit beating ourselves. 

I think KC found their groove Sunday, Tennessee got extremely lucky last night. I think KC will beat them. 

• Shive changed the title to Better Record at End of Season?
4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I think KC found their groove Sunday, Tennessee got extremely lucky last night. I think KC will beat them. 

KC isn’t stopping Henry. If Chris Jones isn’t back, Henry is getting 150 + yards

4 minutes ago, runthepost said:

KC isn’t stopping Henry. If Chris Jones isn’t back, Henry is getting 150 + yards

On the flip side will Titans get lucky with 3 Redzone stops again vs the Chiefs. Bills left at least 8 points off the scoreboard. Also that secondary is hurting.

38 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I don't see the Titans keeping the Chiefs under 30 points

Depends. If Tyreek Hill catches passes then yes the Chiefs put up 30+. If he keeps dropping passes and tipping passes for picks then hard to say.

17 hours ago, FRW said:

But I think we have a decent shot at a WC at 10-7 and maybe a shot at 11-6

If you think "we have a decent shot at a WC at 10-7", then we DEFINITELY (not MAYBE) have a shot at 11-6.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Thread of the Week

• Topics

• I didn't like it either.  If I were in charge, I would have kept the playoff field at 6 teams each, and kept the season at 16 games.  However, I still would have made the season 18 weeks long, but with each team having two bye weeks instead.   Six teams have byes during weeks 4 to 7, four teams have byes during weeks 8 and 9.  Then have the same teams repeat their byes during weeks 10 to 13 and weeks 14 and 15 to promote fairness.   Weeks 16, 17, and 18 would have two Saturday flex games on NFLN featuring teams in the playoff hunt.   Increased tv revenue, players get the extra bye to rest/heal, added excitement for late season Saturday games, and the season stays balanced at 16 games.  Everyone wins - fans, players, and owners.
    • If they really want to go crazy and increase the parity, there's always the high school format where everyone plays in a playoff. Imagine the chaos that would cause with a 1-15-1 Lions team upsetting a 14-3 Cardinals team.    Would they go that far? Probably not, but I didn't think they'd actually go to 7, so it's all out on the table now. 
    • Late to the party in playing catch of reading things and not specific to this discussion, but yes this needs to get more recognition.    For any sport, especially those that are a series of "set pieces" there is the strategic as well as the tactical. So if we take cricket, you often have bowling plans for specific batters and often the ball that gets them out has been set up by the 2/5/10 ones bowled at them before. As an example, you might bowl a series of of short balls purposefully offering some easy runs to get the batsman almost into a automatic playing of that shot... then you sneakily move the fielder a few paces to be in the perfect position the next time.    Point being, a series of stuffed runs might not be a total failure if they keep the D 'honest' and at least having to account for the run. Put it another way, if you know a team's response to you stacking the box is they're going to just not run it, you've made them one dimensional and although you might show a stacked box you use it to bait them into a trap if you know it's going to be a passing play.    Not aimed at you obviously, just my 2 cents that it's not always black/white looking at things like this without nuance/context.
    • Let's not start jumping to conclusions and put words in people's mouth's either. They threw too much and ran too little. We don't need to change what i said, Nor do we need to complicate it. I blamed Carson for nothing, and never typed anything that resembles "hero ball." My statement was accurate.
    • I think teams have this already, well for certain players who need 'handlers'. Vaguely remember Dallas were fairly open that Dez had a team dedicated to just keeping him out of trouble during his time there. On a lesser extreme scale I think a lot of players have "Moms" who make sure they're in the right place at the right time and don't talk to strange press people out of a controlled environment. 
  • Members

• NFLfan

NFLfan 9,813

Moderators
    • uniquicity

uniquicity 0

• MrTripleC

MrTripleC 3

Rookie
    • IrsaysArmy

IrsaysArmy 327

• Sikma