Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How would you react?

Slick_Rick

As we all know, the Colts are one of the most classy organizations in the league, but as a fan how would you react if a scandal like bountygate or spygate was uncovered? This is strictly a "what if" scenario. Would you rally around the Colts or be ashamed?

I hope to "never have to experience that"

I find it funny no one else outside of our fan base refers to us as "classy"....it just seems like a cheap cop out to me....something we Colts fans hang our invisible hat on....I'd like to know how we are more "classy" than Jack. KC. TB etc.

As for a form of "gate" I also find it funny how everyone claims they'd want the player punished kicked off etc. if it turned out Freeney was head hunting no one would say a word. If it came out Marvin was diving at knees no one would say a word. They would be "savvy" or "just going 100%". If the player produced results all would be forgiven and it would be an us against the world mentality. Just as it was in NE and now in NO. Beliecheck and Payton produced. It'll be real easy to boot to Molas and Thomas of the the team. Not so much with the Freeneys and Betheas.

When you root for a team you root for a team.

You need to stick with them even if they do things that seem wrong (i.e. release Peyton Manning). I mean yes it would really stink to be a Saints fan right now because of all the scandal. But it doesn't take away the fact that you like what you like and if you are a true fan of the team you will support them with what they will do from here forward.

I am sure that in three years. The whole Bounty Gate thing will just be mentioned only if the Saints are on a MNF game and they are looking for things to bring up late in the 4th quarter. I mean Ray Lewis killed someone and that never gets mentioned anymore.

When you root for a team you root for a team.

You need to stick with them even if they do things that seem wrong (i.e. release Peyton Manning). I mean yes it would really stink to be a Saints fan right now because of all the scandal. But it doesn't take away the fact that you like what you like and if you are a true fan of the team you will support them with what they will do from here forward.

I am sure that in three years. The whole Bounty Gate thing will just be mentioned only if the Saints are on a MNF game and they are looking for things to bring up late in the 4th quarter. I mean Ray Lewis killed someone and that never gets mentioned anymore.

Im still not convinced he pulled the trigger

Which Week 16 was cheating? You mean pulling the normal starters is cheating? Yes. Cheated the fans, cheated on the integrity of the game, and cheated teams out of a play-off spot.

At least those of us on this side of the pond are classy. ;) In no way shape or form can most of the garbage that came out of Bill Polian's mouth be seen as classy. What side of the pond people reside in is irrelevant.

So, it's okay that the Pats and Saints cheated because it lead to SB wins? Ruthless doesn't necessarily equal cheating.....they are not exclusive.

I would be shocked I think. I would feel let down by whoever was involved. I expect better from my team then that. I would still be a fan and root for my team, just with a sad heart I guess. I would hope that they would just admit to there wrongs and accept the punishment. Take the repercussions and accept the fault without a big fight and all the bull. I would not want to hear a bunch of excuses or anyone trying to make it seem like it was o.k. for any reason. I really hate when people make excuses for things that are clearly wrong and then try to justify them.

I would be shocked I think. I would feel let down by whoever was involved. I expect better from my team then that. I would still be a fan and root for my team, just with a sad heart I guess. I would hope that they would just admit to there wrongs and accept the punishment. Take the repercussions and accept the fault without a big fight and all the bull. I would not want to hear a bunch of excuses or anyone trying to make it seem like it was o.k. for any reason. I really hate when people make excuses for things that are clearly wrong and then try to justify them.

The thing is we have seen it time and time again players make excuses, and the reason is they dont want to hurt their image or perceived image why? because that means less money in their pockets, alot (not all) think all fans are suckers to realize that, sure they love the game but thei rlove for the money goes far above the love of the game after they start getting that money they suddenly want more and more

Hard to say... it would depend on what we were talking about, and what was done in response. As a STH, I'm more invested in the Colts than I ever was with the Pacers, by a considerable measure, but I pretty much walked away from the NBA altogether after the brawl, and haven't been able to give it more than passing glances in the Sunday paper since. It's hard to imagine doing the same with the Colts and the NFL, though.

The thing is we have seen it time and time again players make excuses, and the reason is they dont want to hurt their image or perceived image why? because that means less money in their pockets, alot (not all) think all fans are suckers to realize that, sure they love the game but thei rlove for the money goes far above the love of the game after they start getting that money they suddenly want more and more, Im more of the opinion when it comes to athletes and such "shut up entertain me, collect your millions and go home and live your life"

Hard to say... it would depend on what we were talking about, and what was done in response. As a STH, I'm more invested in the Colts than I ever was with the Pacers, by a considerable measure, but I pretty much walked away from the NBA altogether after the brawl, and haven't been able to give it more than passing glances in the Sunday paper since. It's hard to imagine doing the same with the Colts and the NFL, though.

I dont place the blame on any of the players for the brawl including ron artest

Depends on what it is. Something like Spygate isn't as bad as the bounty scandal (even though both are still bad); Spygate doesn't even get mentioned very much anymore whereas the bounty scandal could possibly end the career of Williams and put a permanent black eye on the Saints and Payton. When you say Patriots, Spygate isn't the first thing that comes to mind. But when you say Saints, the bounty scandal will be one of the first things that comes to mind. With that said, I would stand by my team until it's all proven. Even after it was proven, I would still be a fan, but probably not as big a fan. Hard to say

I dunno spygate is the first thing i think of when I think of the Pats but I also feel spygate was worse then bountygate. Every time has bounties they were just the team that got caught. I dont think every team video tapes the practices of their opponents. If we got caught in some crazy scandal i would more in likely just say my two favorite words and move on. I cant repeat one of those words but the second one is "it" :D and move on and still root the horseshoe

I dunno spygate is the first thing i think of when I think of the Pats but I also feel spygate was worse then bountygate. Every time has bounties they were just the team that got caught. I dont think every team video tapes the practices of their opponents. If we got caught in some crazy scandal i would more in likely just say my two favorite words and move on. I cant repeat one of those words but the second one is "it" :D and move on and still root the horseshoe

I wouldn't be surprised if every team had incentives on performance. By that I mean if the players pitch in a certain amount and whoever gets the most turnovers or tackles or whatever gets the money. However, I would be VERY surprised if any team had their coaches encourage other players to hurt other players. Going after ACLs and concussions and stuff, that's serious business