Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Oh the irony, Bill Polian and his article about draft trade scenarios

With the trade precedent the Washington Redskins made to trade up to 2nd overall, Polian must realize trading up just to get Tannenhill would be nearly just as ridiculous. Going from #8 to #3 is a big endeavor. I'm thinking it would cost the Dolphins at least two 1st round draft picks and a 2nd round pick. No way is Tannenhill worth that.

Sorry ol' Bill,you're crazy

Edited by 21isSuperman

The Dolphins aren't going to do that trade, Bill. I don't think the Browns will take Tannehill either, because Tannehill at 4 is a huge reach! The Fins can probably just pick him at 8 and get him some weapons with their 2nd and 2 3rds.

trading up wouldn't make sense. aside from the colts and redskins, the dolphins are the only team that will go qb in the 1st round because Weeden, Cousins, and Osweiler aren't good enough to be 1st rounders and Tannehill will fall to them for sure

What might cause a stir is if the Browns try to trade down with the Jags so the Jags can get a WR (Blackmon).That would leave the Fins as the only team to really consider him. But rumors are that the Seahawks and the Browns are looking as well as the Phins. So, what's the cost to move from #4 to #7? I'll bet it's a #2 and #5. But since that #2 is pretty high that's still a lot to pay for a kid that after the season was considered a 2ed or 3ed rounder.

An ingenious trade proposal from the draft trading mastermind who, along with his brilliant son, gave up a 2nd round pick AND the following year's 1st rounder in order to move up to the top of the 2nd round and steal Tony Ugoh, an elite OT prospect who should never have slipped out of the 1st round. This is beyond irony. It's satire! BP may have been good at spotting late-round gems, but I'd take his draft trading ideas with a huge grain boulder of salt.