Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Quenton Nelson

GoHorse1992

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

NCF, you're still butthurt over many areas where you've openly attacked my opinions, and been dead wrong.

You criticized and passive aggressive emoji'd the heck out of the following (which I said early when drafted) opinion I shared. Where the below Monday morning QBing? I know you remember them well... 

• Okereke would struggle vs the run - well, he indeed has struggled vs the run..... co leading the team in missed Ts... 
  • Blackmon would struggle in coverage - well, he indeed has struggled in coverage giving up a very high PR and co leading in missed Ts.
  • Willis would struggle outside of the box - well, indeed had been torched outside of the box. allowed a 100% completion rate, and given up the most TDs for a DB... 

So go ahead an jump in to the mix... you're faux outrage over anything critical of Ballard or Reich will fit right in here...  

I think you need a hug

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

We have a hall of fame talent.   The choice was the right one.   

That's your opinion.

Like I said, glad we have Q. IMO, we could have still had him at 12.

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

I think you need a hug

Send me a virtual one. 

Thank you in advance.

2 minutes ago, GoatBeard said:

The difference between you and me is that I am just a fan and totally comfortable just being a fan.

And you are a vulture pundit. 

OK. great. Start a "comfortable being a fan" thread then, and stay away from debate.

Just now, GoatBeard said:

Being factual?

Applying past performance and measurables "to prediction"

Whaaa?

You poked into something you don't know the history on.

The 3 I called out were players, when drafted, I commented on ceiling/floor.

NCF made a big deal on all 3 saying I was off my rocker.

While I don’t agree with Q being at 12 was a sure thing...

I did agree with you (East) on Oke’s “sky high” potential and his ability against the run, though he had one of his better games against the Dolphins (not a huge feat). And Willis in coverage. Didn’t know much about Blackmon at the time but I remember you saying that about him, and, well...he’s definitely not Ed Reed, or even Malik Hooker. Sendejo’s looked better there than they have there.

1 minute ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

While I don’t agree with Q being at 12 was a sure thing...

I did and still do agree with you (East) on Oke against the run. And Willis in coverage. Didn’t know much about Blackmon at the time but I remember you saying that about him, and, well...he’s definitely not Ed Reed. Or even close to Malik Hooker. Sendejo’s looked better there than they have there.

Not saying it was a sure thing. I said likely based on teams and their needs 7-11. Simply worth the gamble to me. And I'm a huge ND homer and Q fan. So it's not like I wish we didn't get him.

On Oke, Willis, and Blackmon, I wasn't saying anything that many hadn't already said. I just don't put on the blinders some do. I still think Blackmon would be a pro-bowl level SS if given the chance. 

Sendejo, to early to say IMO. I think he's at least on par with Willis, but really need to see him tested by a good QB. I do think he'll be an asset vs Baltimore. Willis is more than fine though on box reps. 

1 hour ago, csmopar said:

I’m just gonna say this: I wanted either Bradley Chubb or Big Q at number 3. I’m thrilled we got Nelson at 6. 

I think that’s exactly what Ballard thought when he traded back to six either he was going to get the end he needed or the lineman he needed.  Moving back further was going to mean taking a chance on not getting either.  He wasn’t going to risk that to be greedy for a couple of extra draft picks.  In his mind the risk was too great.

Think about it this way say he did trade back and missed on both how much would people be ripping him to shreds for starting with the number three over all pick and not landing the best end or o-lineman in the draft which were the Colts two biggest needs at the time.

8 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Not saying it was a sure thing. I said likely based on teams and their needs 7-11. Simply worth the gamble to me. And I'm a huge ND homer and Q fan. So it's not like I wish we didn't get him.

On Oke, Willis, and Blackmon, I wasn't saying anything that many hadn't already said. I just don't put on the blinders some do. I still think Blackmon would be a pro-bowl level SS if given the chance. 

Sendejo, to early to say IMO. I think he's at least on par with Willis, but really need to see him tested by a good QB. I do think he'll be an asset vs Baltimore. Willis is more than fine though on box reps. 

Yeah, it was all in the scouting reports. Fans, me included for players I like, can get hyped and overlook those weaknesses. I mean, I’m still sitting here thinking Moncrief could’ve been a contender, could’ve been somebody, instead of a bum.

I like Willis and Blackmon enough. Blackmon has a knack for being in the right place and right time, similar to DL.

And yeah, I don’t think Sendejo’s gonna be too much of a mainstay. Was just more surprised how, comfortable I guess, he seemed in coverage. Lotta experience though.

11 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Just FYI, based on a quick google... 

Highest Gs taken the last 30-40 years...

2018 Nelson at #6

2013 Jonathan Cooper #7, bounced between LG and RG, kind of a bust, traded.

1986 Jim Dombrowski #6, but was a G/T, and taken to fill a hole at LT, but moved to LG the next year.

Hard to believe Larry Allen wasn't taken until pick 46, 2nd round - I guess for a Guard that is about right but IMO he is the best ever to play that position. Munoz was a better Tackle. Regarding Nelson, we will resign him unless he just breaks down injury wise. I don't see that happening.

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Hard to believe Larry Allen wasn't taken until pick 46, 2nd round - I guess for a Guard that is about right but IMO he is the best ever to play that position. Munoz was a better Tackle. Regarding Nelson, we will resign him unless he just breaks down injury wise. I don't see that happening.

Really hope his lingering back issues don’t debilitate him down the line.

Doesn’t seem like something he’ll be able to ever completely heal from, more like something he can stave off. I don’t know, back injuries just seem like a real b.

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yup. He isn't going anywhere. 

The back does concern me though.

Might be something that gets worse over time.

Hope he retires here, but at least hope he can stay healthy through his 2nd contract. 

11 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Yeah, it was all in the scouting reports. Fans, me included for players I like, can get hyped and overlook those weaknesses. I mean, I’m still sitting here thinking Moncrief could’ve been a contender, could’ve been somebody, instead of a bum.

I like Willis and Blackmon enough. Blackmon has a knack for being in the right place and right time, similar to DL.

And yeah, I don’t think Sendejo’s gonna be too much of a mainstay. Was just more surprised how, comfortable I guess, he seemed in coverage. Lotta experience though.

For me, I read all the scouting reports, but I try to look at the scheme they're coming from and compare to ours. Some guys that that might play well in one place, might be a total mismatch here (like Hooker). And vice versa. But guys like Blackmon had pretty glaring red flags in the pure "coverage" area. Oke too. I didn't have to be Kreskin lol.. I like both Blackmon and Willis too. Just want them to be used correctly so they have the best chance to succeed. 

Was never a Moncrief fan, but there are several players, like you, I thought would do better. Mostly WRs lol... They're probably the hardest to figure given some of the funky schemes in college. 

I really hope Sendejo gets a fair shot to stick if he does well. Like I said, still not sold on his ability to cover, but he did look very comfortable for us. And that's pretty darn good being he just arrived. He's definitely good in the box, and if he can cover verts, then we need to keep him. We're going to have several needs next year, and not sure we can expend early/mid capital on Ss. Wish we would have kept Chachere too. 

My only issue with taking a guard st #6 is like taking a running back that high.  U have to see into the future. If that player at that position plays at an all pro level are u willing to invest millions in that player knowing that he plays a position that is low on the totem pole? Sure Nelson filled an immediate need but was it long term wise to make that pick? Just think if they stuck at 3 and drafted Bradley Chubb and then  Montez Sweat and then traded for Buckner.  Just saying. I think we are a kuch better team with that scenario. 

1 minute ago, Moosejawcolt said:

My only issue with taking a guard st #6 is like taking a running back that high.  U have to see into the future. If that player at that position plays at an all pro level are u willing to invest millions in that player knowing that he plays a position that is low on the totem pole? Sure Nelson filled an immediate need but was it long term wise to make that pick? Just think if they stuck at 3 and drafted Bradley Chubb and then  Montez Sweat and then traded for Buckner.  Just saying. I think we are a kuch better team with that scenario. 

Regarding the first part of your post, you do if there is an outlier. I and everyone else pretty much knew Nelson was an outlier and would be great. I had no doubt he would be great and we needed major help with the O.Line. Passing on an outlier would be a bad move, that is like if Barry Sanders is there and you picked 5th and already have an Andrew Luck, you take Sanders.

5 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Still waiting on an answer to who was taking Q 7-11?.. it's not that hard... 

But, hey, fall back to the anything that goes against the GM's decision is nonsense... lol

I can list plenty of fallible Ballard moments. But you'd find excuses for all.. or just say nonsense... lol

Who would know better who would draft Nelson better?   You or Ballard?   He was asked draft night about trading down again, and he concedes it “might”  have worked.  But he wasn’t willing to make that gamble.

Besides, it didn’t just have to be a team in the 7-11 group.   Some other team might’ve traded up to take Nelson.  All the possibilities were deal breakers for CB,   He wasn’t willing to lose Nelson — period.

Three plus years later, here you are beating the same dead horse others have beaten.  You’re not the first fan here to second guess.   How’s that workin out for you? 

5 hours ago, EastStreet said:

NCF, you're still butthurt over many areas where you've openly attacked my opinions, and been dead wrong.

You criticized and passive aggressive emoji'd the heck out of the following (which I said early when drafted) opinion I shared. Where the below Monday morning QBing? I know you remember them well... 

• Okereke would struggle vs the run - well, he indeed has struggled vs the run..... co leading the team in missed Ts... 
  • Blackmon would struggle in coverage - well, he indeed has struggled in coverage giving up a very high PR and co leading in missed Ts.
  • Willis would struggle outside of the box - well, indeed had been torched outside of the box. allowed a 100% completion rate, and given up the most TDs for a DB... 

So go ahead an jump in to the mix... you're faux outrage over anything critical of Ballard or Reich will fit right in here...  

I’ve given you plenty of laughing emoji’s that’s true.    But I’ve never criticized your comments about those three other than to say Ballard believes in them.   I’m never butt-hurt with you.  But nobody here has more invested in being right than you.   It matters to you more than any other poster by light years.   I find that amusing.  

I know you think we’re all entitled to your opinion,  but some of us figure things out just fine without your insight. 

6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Who would know better who would draft Nelson better?   You or Ballard?   He was asked draft night about trading down again, and he concedes it “might”  have worked.  But he wasn’t willing to make that gamble.

Besides, it didn’t just have to be a team in the 7-11 group.   Some other team might’ve traded up to take Nelson.  All the possibilities were deal breakers for CB,   He wasn’t willing to lose Nelson — period.

Three plus years later, here you are beating the same dead horse others have beaten.  You’re not the first fan here to second guess.   How’s that workin out for you? 

I look at our team and I think Ballard has done a very good job, if not great. We have a good roster and the Nelson pick was great, JMO. The W/L record doesn't show it but it was because we went 4-12 in 2017 with Chuck as coach and JB at QB. Reich has been good, his W/L record backs me up. The problem we have had as a team is the QB changing every year. It was Luck in 2018, JB in 2019, Rivers in 2020. Now Wentz, I really hope Wentz works out because the QB is the most important position on the field. The only criticism I have of Ballard so far is, he hasn't nailed a great shut down Corner in the draft.

6 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I’ve given you plenty of laughing emoji’s that’s true.    But I’ve never criticized your comments about those three other than to say Ballard believes in them.   I’m never butt-hurt with you.  But nobody here has more invested in being right than you.   It matters to you more than any other poster by light years.   I find that amusing.  

I know you think we’re all entitled to your opinion,  but some of us figure things out just fine without your insight. 

I have to admit, I can't remember a time where @EastStreetadmitted where he was wrong, I usually agree with his takes anyway but some I don't. I agree with most of your takes as well. You both are great posters.

7 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have to admit, I can't remember a time where @EastStreetadmitted where he was wrong, I usually agree with his takes anyway but some I don't. I agree with most of your takes as well. You both are great posters.

In terms of our draft picks, I've got a great track record in terms of outlook, so not anything to admit.... And most of my outlooks are things I hope I'm wrong about. It's all on the board and searchable I'm sure if you'd like to fact check me... 

I've been wrong plenty in other areas, mostly game outlooks. 

10 hours ago, EastStreet said:

In terms of our draft picks, I've got a great track record in terms of outlook, so not anything to admit.... And most of my outlooks are things I hope I'm wrong about. It's all on the board and searchable I'm sure if you'd like to fact check me... 

I've been wrong plenty in other areas, mostly game outlooks. 

Nah it isn't that deep with me lol. You are a great addition to this site, your polls/new threads + laying out stats are extremely strong. 

For all what is was worth drafting Nelson I must say the 2018 draft class for the Colts was one of the better ones.  Do enjoy having Nelson on the team.  However, at the end of the season it all becomes a business decision.  Sad reality is looking over all the other Clubs rosters each team has their own issues with offensive lineman.  Most drafted a rookie LT only to plug them at RT or move inside to guard.  Our biggest issue is also same as most everyone else with poor play and injuries.  Think the general consensus is we will not have a Round 1 draft pick and most likely not target a LT in Round 2 this year.  As for Free Agency, nobody stands out to target.  If Nelson could kick out to LT and play lights out that would be awesome.

Right now after doing some fact-finding have a few different scenarios but all depends on how the rest of this season plays out since players in question are now on IR regarding Nelson's future and our LT situation.

Option 1 - Hope Eric Fisher can regain his form and be dominate but he is trending on the wrong side of 30's and his game sadly has been on the decline and doubt he gets an extension this off-season unless he finds his younger inner self.  Fisher like most older left tackles isn't the exception to the rule and isn't a Trent Williams or David Bakhtiari.

Option 2 - Indianapolis trades Nelson to the Packers for LT Elgton Jenkins who has been playing really well for injured stud LT David Bakhtiari.  Unlike Fisher, Bakhtiari has been one of the best left tackles for a long-time.  I see Bakhtiari playing for many more years similar to Trent Williams (49ers) making Jenkins expendable as a trade option plus acquiring draft pick(s).  Packers current LG Jon Runyan off to a decent year but adding someone like Nelson and trading Elgton might be ideal as a win-win for both Clubs.

Option 3 - Indianapolis trades Nelson to the Lions for LT Penei Sewell.  Never did understand why the Lions would draft Sewell when they have LT Taylor Decker still playing at a high level.  Again like most Clubs they moved Sewell initially over to RT and Sewell can even play better than Lion's fill-in RT Matt Nelson.  Sewell has really struggled at LT with Decker now on IR.  Not sure taking a year off college helped or the move to RT and trying to relearn how to play his original natural position as he has regressed.  To me with this option it will all depend on how well Sewell finishes off the season before attempting to make a deal.  Obviously a risk/reward scenario here hoping its just first year learning curve and he can put it all together in Year 2.

Bottom line is the Colts have got to find a answer at LT.  Can always draft a LT that can move to LG but not this off-season nor early in the upcoming draft according to my crystal ball.

16 minutes ago, OhioColt said:

For all what is was worth drafting Nelson I must say the 2018 draft class for the Colts was one of the better ones.  Do enjoy having Nelson on the team.  However, at the end of the season it all becomes a business decision.  Sad reality is looking over all the other Clubs rosters each team has their own issues with offensive lineman.  Most drafted a rookie LT only to plug them at RT or move inside to guard.  Our biggest issue is also same as most everyone else with poor play and injuries.  Think the general consensus is we will not have a Round 1 draft pick and most likely not target a LT in Round 2 this year.  As for Free Agency, nobody stands out to target.  If Nelson could kick out to LT and play lights out that would be awesome.

Right now after doing some fact-finding have a few different scenarios but all depends on how the rest of this season plays out since players in question are now on IR regarding Nelson's future and our LT situation.

Option 1 - Hope Eric Fisher can regain his form and be dominate but he is trending on the wrong side of 30's and his game sadly has been on the decline and doubt he gets an extension this off-season unless he finds his younger inner self.  Fisher like most older left tackles isn't the exception to the rule and isn't a Trent Williams or David Bakhtiari.

Option 2 - Indianapolis trades Nelson to the Packers for LT Elgton Jenkins who has been playing really well for injured stud LT David Bakhtiari.  Unlike Fisher, Bakhtiari has been one of the best left tackles for a long-time.  I see Bakhtiari playing for many more years similar to Trent Williams (49ers) making Jenkins expendable as a trade option plus acquiring draft pick(s).  Packers current LG Jon Runyan off to a decent year but adding someone like Nelson and trading Elgton might be ideal as a win-win for both Clubs.

Option 3 - Indianapolis trades Nelson to the Lions for LT Penei Sewell.  Never did understand why the Lions would draft Sewell when they have LT Taylor Decker still playing at a high level.  Again like most Clubs they moved Sewell initially over to RT and Sewell can even play better than Lion's fill-in RT Matt Nelson.  Sewell has really struggled at LT with Decker now on IR.  Not sure taking a year off college helped or the move to RT and trying to relearn how to play his original natural position as he has regressed.  To me with this option it will all depend on how well Sewell finishes off the season before attempting to make a deal.  Obviously a risk/reward scenario here hoping its just first year learning curve and he can put it all together in Year 2.

Bottom line is the Colts have got to find a answer at LT.  Can always draft a LT that can move to LG but not this off-season nor early in the upcoming draft according to my crystal ball.

We aren't trading Nelson so people in here just better get used to the idea he will be a Colt throughout his prime, he will get a huge contract shortly as well. It amazes me how some people complained we were soft for years and our O.Line didn't have any nastiness. Now we get the best OG since Larry Allen and some want him traded or not re-signed. Not having a good Line ruined Andrew's career. So far our Line this year has underachieved but we have injuries is why. I knew these 1st 5 games would be tough for people to handle in here, glad this stretch is almost over and we won Sunday. This has been a better place since we won Sunday, when we lose it gets bad in here at times.

As far as LT goes, give it a few more weeks for Fish. He is coming off a bad injury. When he gets healthy he will be fine.

On 10/5/2021 at 9:56 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Regarding the first part of your post, you do if there is an outlier. I and everyone else pretty much knew Nelson was an outlier and would be great. I had no doubt he would be great and we needed major help with the O.Line. Passing on an outlier would be a bad move, that is like if Barry Sanders is there and you picked 5th and already have an Andrew Luck, you take Sanders.

See  I disagree. Yea he is hall of fame bound.  However I, am not sure how much he really makes the offence better. Scenario. Let Nelson walk if he wants to much. Get a guard to replace him and spend that 20 million on a free agent skill position such as corner or wide out. I keep hearing how Nelson makes the line better. People on here have stated that u can get by with a lesser LT because Nelson is so elite. How has that worked out? We probably had out best day running the ball against the Dolphins and Nelson didn't play. Just sayin

12 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

See  I disagree. Yea he is hall of fame bound.  However I, am not sure how much he really makes the offence better. Scenario. Let Nelson walk if he wants to much. Get a guard to replace him and spend that 20 million on a free agent skill position such as corner or wide out. I keep hearing how Nelson makes the line better. People on here have stated that u can get by with a lesser LT because Nelson is so elite. How has that worked out? We probably had out best day running the ball against the Dolphins and Nelson didn't play. Just sayin

So you havent noticed pretty much all of our biggest runs over the past 3 years have come behind a pulling Quenton Nelson?

You dont think he makes the offense better?

11 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We aren't trading Nelson so people in here just better get used to the idea he will be a Colt throughout his prime, he will get a huge contract shortly as well. It amazes me how some people complained we were soft for years and our O.Line didn't have any nastiness. Now we get the best OG since Larry Allen and some want him traded or not re-signed. Not having a good Line ruined Andrew's career. So far our Line this year has underachieved but we have injuries is why. I knew these 1st 5 games would be tough for people to handle in here, glad this stretch is almost over and we won Sunday. This has been a better place since we won Sunday, when we lose it gets bad in here at times.

As far as LT goes, give it a few more weeks for Fish. He is coming off a bad injury. When he gets healthy he will be fine.

Well said. Nelson stays and gets paid. He's the best in the NFL at his position, and when fully healthy, makes the LT playing next to him better. He is the heart and soul of the O-line. He's staying.

Fisher is rusty and still physically recovering from the Achilles injury. Give him the season to see how he progresses; I suspect, barring injury, that most will want him back by the end of the year. 

6 hours ago, GoatBeard said:

So you havent noticed pretty much all of our biggest runs over the past 3 years have come behind a pulling Quenton Nelson?

You dont think he makes the offense better?

I never said he doesn't make the offence better. Do u think paying him 20 million or drafting a guard say in the 2nd round and a free agent receiver for premium money makes the offence better?

5 hours ago, Hoose said:

Well said. Nelson stays and gets paid. He's the best in the NFL at his position, and when fully healthy, makes the LT playing next to him better. He is the heart and soul of the O-line. He's staying.

Fisher is rusty and still physically recovering from the Achilles injury. Give him the season to see how he progresses; I suspect, barring injury, that most will want him back by the end of the year. 

Show me the proof that he makes the LT playing next to him better? The LTs have been getting destroyed so far this season.

6 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I never said he doesn't make the offence better. Do u think paying him 20 million or drafting a guard say in the 2nd round and a free agent receiver for premium money makes the offence better?

Show me the proof that he makes the LT playing next to him better? The LTs have been getting destroyed so far this season.

First off stop suggesting that because the guy playing next to him gets beat that he doesnt make them better. Its not his job to block the DE too. He cant do that. He helps everyone around him as much as he can. Thats obvious. Go back and watch him help Costanzo block Melvin Ingram. He helps. Ive seen him pick up guys across the formation running free more than once, and hes the only guy Ive ever seen do that. I also seen him do it in college multiple times.

As far as a receiver......who do you think is gonna come available that is gonna have this huge impact? Great recievers like that usually dont hit the market. Kenny Golloday types? No, Id rather have Q 10 times out of 10 than Kenny Golloday. I heard for years about how good Odell Beckham was. He goes to Cleveland and does absolutely nothing. Turns out he isnt very good at all.

I think productive receivers are more a product of great QB play and good offensive systems than anything else. And I think the talent difference between someone considered a top level receiver like Kenny Golloday for example, and a guy like Zach Pascal, who we already have, is minimal at best. Id rather have Pascal honestly, especially when you factor in salary. 

I want the team to continue what they are doing and drafting high character guys at positions of need. I think that will certainly produce better long term results than allowing great players to leave to overpay players at more "premium" positions.

26 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

From 2016-2017 (Castonzo before Q) our runs over LT averaged 3.3 YPC

From 2018-2020 (Castonzo with Q) our runs over LT averaged 5.9 YPC.

Davenport will get destroyed regardless who is next to him, but above is a simplistic picture of AC with and without Q. 

59 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Davenport will get destroyed regardless who is next to him, but above is a simplistic picture of AC with and without Q. 

Thr only problem is that u have Smith, Kelly and Q making millions. Now if Fisher works out something has got to give. Cannot afford all these linemen.

1 hour ago, GoatBeard said:

First off stop suggesting that because the guy playing next to him gets beat that he doesnt make them better. Its not his job to block the DE too. He cant do that. He helps everyone around him as much as he can. Thats obvious. Go back and watch him help Costanzo block Melvin Ingram. He helps. Ive seen him pick up guys across the formation running free more than once, and hes the only guy Ive ever seen do that. I also seen him do it in college multiple times.

As far as a receiver......who do you think is gonna come available that is gonna have this huge impact? Great recievers like that usually dont hit the market. Kenny Golloday types? No, Id rather have Q 10 times out of 10 than Kenny Golloday. I heard for years about how good Odell Beckham was. He goes to Cleveland and does absolutely nothing. Turns out he isnt very good at all.

I think productive receivers are more a product of great QB play and good offensive systems than anything else. And I think the talent difference between someone considered a top level receiver like Kenny Golloday for example, and a guy like Zach Pascal, who we already have, is minimal at best. Id rather have Pascal honestly, especially when you factor in salary. 

I want the team to continue what they are doing and drafting high character guys at positions of need. I think that will certainly produce better long term results than allowing great players to leave to overpay players at more "premium" positions.

He's a guard!!!! I find it kind of sad that a guard is creating  so much buzz. 

1 hour ago, EastStreet said:

I agree with u some what however Castanzo was maybe a top 10 LT. If Nelson is so great,we should b able to pair him up with an average LT and still have good results.

Thr only problem is that u have Smith, Kelly and Q making millions. Now if Fisher works out something has got to give. Cannot afford all these linemen.

I've said several times that I don't think you need to be the top spender at OL to be a contender. I also agree that making a G your centerpiece is not normal, and perhaps not strategic. 

But at the same time, you can't ignore the impact Nelson has on the OL, or even the impact he has on his surrounding cast like LT. IMO, only Nelson and Smith are playing up to the hype and pay levels. 

I agree with u some what however Castanzo was maybe a top 10 LT. If Nelson is so great,we should b able to pair him up with an average LT and still have good results.

Castonzo IMO was fading fast. His career was prolonged and made easier by Q. 

He was giving up 6 sacks a season the two years prior to Q, and then only 2 or 3 each year from 2018-2020. 

57 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

I just cant even comprehend this. Its clear you just think Gs are a dime a dozen and with the Colts history the last 10 years, Im not sure why you think that. 

How exactly is he gonna make up for an average LT? Im having trouble understanding why you feel this is even possible. You are literally the only person Ive ever heard claim Quenton Nelson is over rated. 

Nobody was saying Anthony Costanzo was a top 10 LT until Q got here.

Nobody was singing the praises of Ryan Kelly until Q got here.

Nobody said we had a good OL until Q got here.

He has had a huge impact, Im not sure how you dont see that.

Archived