Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mr. Irrelevant

So, I was looking at the draft order and noticed the Colts have the very last pick in the draft. So there are a ton of mock drafts on this site, I thought it would be fun to pick Mr. Irrelevant, give some information about him and what you project for his NFL career.

I will pick Case Keenum - QB - Houston too small, not a strong enough arm and played in spread offense that lead to his 144 TDs and nearly 19,000 yards passing. But is smart, accurate and can make most throws required by an NFL QB. But will be a nice development prospect who can learn behind Luck and Stanton.

Panthers did it in 2010. They drafted Clausen with every intent on him being the starter and then Pike a few rounds later.

I didn't mean it's never ever happened in the history of the NFL. Im sure it has happened multiple times. I meant usually teams pick up veterans, or draft a career backup in the late round a few years later. Either way he won't be there, and I wouldnt want him.

Washington did in 94.

Heath Shuler in round 1, and Gus Ferotten in the 7th. I doubt that is the only example of that happening.

It kinda happened in 2010. The Panthers took Jimmy Clausen in the 2nd and Tony Pike in the 6th. Clausen did become the starter for a good part of the season.

I didn't mean it's never ever happened in the history of the NFL. Im sure it has happened multiple times.

So then what exactly did you mean by "nobody drafts a back-up..."?
I meant usually teams pick up veterans,
Oh, see I don't think I would have every translated, Nobody drafts a backup QB the same year as the starter haha" as that. That seems to have two totally different meanings. But yeah the Colts did that as well.
or draft a career backup in the late round a few years later.
Nobody drafts a career backup in the late round a few years later, by which I mean I'm sure it has happened multiple times.
Either way he won't be there,
Wow absolutes regarding when a player will get drafted in the later rounds. Since you are so sure, when will he get drafted?
and I wouldnt want him.

That's fair. So who is your pick for Mr. irrelevant, or did you just post on this thread to knock my choice?

Its just a wild wild guess and as a Mr. Irrelevent may not mean much. So can't we all calm down and play nice?? Don't get so serious and take it all so personally My question and maybe I'll research it some tomorrow, Who has been Mr Irrelevant the past 15 years and has any of them become great or superstars??

So then what exactly did you mean by "nobody drafts a back-up..."?

Oh, see I don't think I would have every translated, Nobody drafts a backup QB the same year as the starter haha" as that. That seems to have two totally different meanings. But yeah the Colts did that as well.

Nobody drafts a career backup in the late round a few years later, by which I mean I'm sure it has happened multiple times.

Wow absolutes regarding when a player will get drafted in the later rounds. Since you are so sure, when will he get drafted?

That's fair. So who is your pick for Mr. irrelevant, or did you just post on this thread to knock my choice?

Calm man, calm...

1) I was exaggerating

2) you took it out of context, I was saying they get backups elsewhere too

3) hilarious but that has happened much more than draft two QBs the same year

4) I already said that

Keenum will be gone by 6 at the latest anyway.

5) I already said that as well,

What's the point, were rebuilding, take some skill position player and hope for a steal, or get a return man.

No need to rage, I just thought it was unlikely, and didn't make sense, nothing wrong with that. Are we cool?

Calm man, calm...

1) I was exaggerating

2) you took it out of context, I was saying they get backups elsewhere too

3) hilarious but that has happened much more than draft two QBs the same year

4) I already said that

What makes you think I'm not calm. Pointing out the inconsistencies of other does not upset me at all. It needs to be done a lot on this forum.
No need to rage, I just thought it was unlikely, and didn't make sense, nothing wrong with that. Are we cool?

Again, I'm not raging just wondering if you actually had something to contribute to the thread or not.

To me, due to dearth of TEs, I would go blocking TE in this TE weak draft for Mr.Irrelevant. One TE in the first 3-4 rounds and then Mr.Irrelevant.

Three candidates in mind:

1) Adrien Robinson, TE, Cincinnati - hey, he is a local product, did you know? Warren Central High School: Played for the first school in Indiana history to win four-consecutive state crowns :); we have already expressed interest in him

http://www.cbssports...adrien-robinson

2) Kevin Koger, TE, Michigan

http://www.cbssports...984/kevin-koger

3) Beau Reliford, TE, Florida State - former basketball standout

http://www.cbssports...2/beau-reliford