Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Glowinski

WoolMagnet

6 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

I was watching my local news last night and low and behold,   There is Glow.  I wasn't aware he grew up in my neck of the woods in central Pa.

He was home and talked to the reporter about the upcoming superbowl and life with theColts.

kinda cool.

He went to West Virginia and Lackawanna

3 hours ago, 1959Colts said:

I watched it here too in Scranton (home of Lackawanna College) on local news WNEP.

I was born in Scranton.  My parents moved to Rochester when I was a toddler but we visited my Grandparents every Summer for many years as we grew up.  Still remember the smoldering coal piles lit up at night.  

6 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

I was watching my local news last night and low and behold,   There is Glow.  I wasn't aware he grew up in my neck of the woods in central Pa.

He was home and talked to the reporter about the upcoming superbowl and life with theColts.

kinda cool.

I'm also from PA and was surprised to see him on the local news tonight.

2 hours ago, richard pallo said:

I was born in Scranton.  My parents moved to Rochester when I was a toddler but we visited my Grandparents every Summer for many years as we grew up.  Still remember the smoldering coal piles lit up at night.  

Smoldering coal piles?

sounds like Centralia, Pa.  The whole town was vacated because of an underground mine fire still burning to this day.

Played traveling baseball in that town back in the day.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2021 at 4:37 PM, 1959Colts said:

I watched it here too in Scranton (home of Lackawanna College) on local news WNEP.

I used to pass through Scranton whenever I was traveling to and from college in the Southern Tier of NY. I don't know how far Wilkes Barre is from there but I used to call it Scranton-Wilkes Barre. That was a long time ago. :)

On 2/7/2021 at 11:26 PM, richard pallo said:

Yep, Munchak.  He would have been a nice add.  

I wanted the Vikes to hire him after his contract with Pittsburgh expired. He is a great OL coach. I read then that he wanted to "go home" to Denver. Is he originally from PA?

Archived