Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Big Ben wants to be back

chad72

• chad72 changed the title to Big Ben wants to be back
12 hours ago, chad72 said:

https://www.nfl.com/news/steelers-president-ben-roethlisberger-wants-to-return-but-salary-concessions-mus

I think it’s one more year for Big Ben. Will Brees attempt to do the same with a whole lot of players restructuring along with Brees?

I am sure it’s on their minds.

Saints are 98 million on the hook and over the cap without Brees..

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I love Drew Brees and is in my top 10 ever, right at 10, won a SB against us and has put up monster numbers but he is cooked IMO. He and Big Ben both are cooked gordon ramsay cooking GIF- Big Ben and Brees lmao 

Yeah I was surprised that Brees was able to come back from that serious injury. You would have to think that had something to do with his play and his choice to retire. 

Ben? His arm is gone. IMO this is that one time that Rooney needs to let it go. They would still eat 22,5 million cap hit but save 19 million to keep him. He is due 41.3 million if he stays. That's kind of a no win either way IMO. 

17 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Yeah I was surprised that Brees was able to come back from that serious injury. You would have to think that had something to do with his play and his choice to retire. 

Ben? His arm is gone. IMO this is that one time that Rooney needs to let it go. They would still eat 22,5 million cap hit but save 19 million to keep him. He is due 41.3 million if he stays. That's kind of a no win either way IMO. 

I don't think Big Ben's arm was gone. If he had to take advantage of 1-on-1s, he did and did it fine. The issue was his OL pass protection was suspect enough that he got so used to releasing the ball within 2 seconds most of the time that he dinked and dunked more than years past.

18 hours ago, ReMeDy said:

Well if Drew Brees needs somewhere to play, I think he'd look good in blue and white.

He came to the Saints on the heel of a separated shoulder, and this last season, came back from a rib injury. If he really wanted to play 1 last year with us, would the Colts really say No if they strike out on Stafford? It would be like a homecoming for Drew. A SB vs the Colts and a SB with the Colts, would be nice. He does have a habit of hanging around the same team as Rivers. :thmup:

Archived