Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Todd McShay's 2021 NFL Mock Draft

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2021/insider/story/_/id/30656889/nfl-mock-draft-2021-todd-mcshay-predictions-all-32-first-round-picks-following-regular-season

So here's McShay's first mock of the draft season:

1. JAX - Trevor Lawrence, QB (Clemson)

2. NYJ - Penei Sewell, OL (Oregon)

3. MIA - DeVonta Smith, WR (Alabama)

4. ATL - Zach Wilson, QB (BYU)

5. CIN - Rashawn Slater, OL (Northwestern)

6. PHI - Micah Parsons, LB (Penn State)

7. DET - Ja'Marr Chase, WR (LSU)

8. CAR - Kyle Pitts, TE (Florida)

9. DEN - Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, LB (Notre Dame)

10. DAL - Patrick Surtain II, CB (Alabama)

11. NYG - Gregory Rousseau, DE/OLB (Miami)

12. SF - Caleb Farley, CB (Virginia Tech)

13. LAC - Shaun Wade, CB (Ohio State)

14. MIN - Christian Darrisaw, OT (Virginia Tech)

15. NE - Justin Fields, QB (Ohio State)

16. ARI - Travis Etienne, RB (Clemson)

17. LVR - Jaylen Waddle, WR (Alabama)

18. MIA - Rashod Bateman, WR (Minnesota)

19. WFT - Trey Lance, QB (North Dakota State)

20. CHI - Elijah Moore, WR (Ole Miss)

21. IND - Mac Jones, QB (Alabama)

22. JAX - Daviyon Nixon, DT (Iowa)

23. CLE - Zaven Collins, LB (Tulsa)

24. TEN - Joseph Ossai, LB (Texas)

25. NYJ - Chris Olave, WR (Ohio State)

26. BAL - Kwity Paye, DE (Michigan)

27. TB - Christian Barmore, DT (Alabama)

28. PIT - Najee Harris, RB (Alabama)

29. BUF - Wyatt Davis, OL (Ohio State)

30. NO - Nick Bolton, LB (Missouri)

31. GB - Terrace Marshall Jr., WR (LSU)

32. KC - Derion Kendrick, CB (Clemson)

So yeah... He gives us a QB. Justin Fields falls to no. 15... I don't see a snow ball's chance in hell this happens under any normal circumstances. And if it does Ballard better be on the phones trying to move up to get him. 

20 minutes ago, stitches said:

https://www.espn.com/nfl/draft2021/insider/story/_/id/30656889/nfl-mock-draft-2021-todd-mcshay-predictions-all-32-first-round-picks-following-regular-season

So here's McShay's first mock of the draft season:

1. JAX - Trevor Lawrence, QB (Clemson)

2. NYJ - Penei Sewell, OL (Oregon)

3. MIA - DeVonta Smith, WR (Alabama)

4. ATL - Zach Wilson, QB (BYU)

5. CIN - Rashawn Slater, OL (Northwestern)

6. PHI - Micah Parsons, LB (Penn State)

7. DET - Ja'Marr Chase, WR (LSU)

8. CAR - Kyle Pitts, TE (Florida)

9. DEN - Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, LB (Notre Dame)

10. DAL - Patrick Surtain II, CB (Alabama)

11. NYG - Gregory Rousseau, DE/OLB (Miami)

12. SF - Caleb Farley, CB (Virginia Tech)

13. LAC - Shaun Wade, CB (Ohio State)

14. MIN - Christian Darrisaw, OT (Virginia Tech)

15. NE - Justin Fields, QB (Ohio State)

16. ARI - Travis Etienne, RB (Clemson)

17. LVR - Jaylen Waddle, WR (Alabama)

18. MIA - Rashod Bateman, WR (Minnesota)

19. WFT - Trey Lance, QB (North Dakota State)

20. CHI - Elijah Moore, WR (Ole Miss)

21. IND - Mac Jones, QB (Alabama)

22. JAX - Daviyon Nixon, DT (Iowa)

23. CLE - Zaven Collins, LB (Tulsa)

24. TEN - Joseph Ossai, LB (Texas)

25. NYJ - Chris Olave, WR (Ohio State)

26. BAL - Kwity Paye, DE (Michigan)

27. TB - Christian Barmore, DT (Alabama)

28. PIT - Najee Harris, RB (Alabama)

29. BUF - Wyatt Davis, OL (Ohio State)

30. NO - Nick Bolton, LB (Missouri)

31. GB - Terrace Marshall Jr., WR (LSU)

32. KC - Derion Kendrick, CB (Clemson)

So yeah... He gives us a QB. Justin Fields falls to no. 15... I don't see a snow ball's chance in hell this happens under any normal circumstances. And if it does Ballard better be on the phones trying to move up to get him. 

McShay made it very clear.....

There is no way Fields falls to 15.   He thinks a team will trade up to get him.

BUT.....

He said this mock was done WITHOUT making a trade.  He knows Fields won’t fall this far.   Context is important. 

33 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

Thththththththththththhh!!

It's as if QB is the only position being drafted.

I'd be willing to bet my entire income that we do not draft a QB in round one.

Wouldn't that depend on Rivers returning 

49 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Not a fan at all of either Jones or Trask. 

Would much rather trade up a bit for either Fields or Lance in this scenario. 

you love trading up it seems 

1 hour ago, danlhart87 said:

Wouldn't that depend on Rivers returning

Yup.  And I think he is.  Another one year deal.  With a year under his belt getting familiar with the Colts WR's.  One year for a final push to the SB.

Also, one year with Eason as his direct backup.  One year for the team to figure out if they'll be able to hand the keys to him or not the following year.

As I've said before, we're in "win now" mode.  Drafting a QB is for "win in three years" mode.  That ain't what we're doing.

Just now, John Hammonds said:

Yup.  And I think he is.  Another one year deal.  With a year under his belt getting familiar with the Colts WR's.  One year for a final push to the SB.

Also, one year with Eason as his direct backup.  One year for the team to figure out if they'll be able to hand the keys to him or not the following year.

As I've said before, we're in "win now" mode.  Drafting a QB is for "win in three years" mode.  That ain't what we're doing.

QBs can have success immediately. Herbert is an example.

3 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Yup.  I agree.  It's happened before.  But a 22nd pick?  Are we truly expecting a Trey Lance or a Mac Jones or a Kyle Trask to have that kind of success fresh outta the box?  Trevor Lawrence I get.  Even Justin Fields I can get.  But these guys?  You can put me down as an "I doubt it".

35 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

There is a huge difference between 1 year of success, and success after D coordinators have an offseason to study you. If I wasn't so damned lazy, I would look and and calculate the % of success of QB's longterm who have been drafted in the bottom third of the first round and later. 

56 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Guys like Herbert are more the exception than the rule.   Look at Tua. 

Look at Darnold and Rosen.   Allen improved in Season 2, but didn’t explode until Season 3.   Mayfield is good, but still figuring out the path to great. 

The biggest thing that jumps out to me is the fact that there are only 3 OT mocked in the first round here (Wyatt is going to be an OG). Either this is a case where you see a lot of other mock drafts copying and just putting OT everywhere in the first round or the case again which is, your next 50 top players after the first 15 players selected are different than my top 50 players remaining.

Sorry got a little antsy and hit the Submit before I was ready lol. But this to me (regarding the OT in my comment above) is big if we could get someone like Kwity Paye to go along with an OT in the second round, someone like Cosmi, Leatherwood, Mayfield, or Eichenberg. Two big Needs along with hopefully Value at the time of the pick would be huge.

8 hours ago, harrisoncolts88 said:

The biggest thing that jumps out to me is the fact that there are only 3 OT mocked in the first round here (Wyatt is going to be an OG). Either this is a case where you see a lot of other mock drafts copying and just putting OT everywhere in the first round or the case again which is, your next 50 top players after the first 15 players selected are different than my top 50 players remaining.

Couple (obvious) thoughts:

1. Draft pundit/amateur 'scout' generated Mocks are more or less worthless (but fun 

to discuss)

2. They all copy off of each other to some extent. 

18 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

McShay made it very clear.....

There is no way Fields falls to 15.   He thinks a team will trade up to get him.

BUT.....

He said this mock was done WITHOUT making a trade.  He knows Fields won’t fall this far.   Context is important. 

Here's the question then - lets say the Jets or MIA indeed don't plan on drafting a QB... Having in mind our close relationships with Jets FO... do you make the call and what do you offer? 

2 minutes ago, stitches said:

Here's the question then - lets say the Jets or MIA indeed don't plan on drafting a QB... Having in mind our close relationships with Jets FO... do you make the call and what do you offer? 

If it's Fields nothing 

I would take Fields if he fell to us

He won't though 

3 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

If it's Fields nothing 

I would take Fields if he fell to us

He won't though 

Lets say it's for your preferred QB in the draft after Lawrence who is almost certain to go no. 1. You can go get your no. 2 QB in this draft, but you have to make an offer to the Jets for the no. 2 pick. What's an offer you would make that you think can be accepted? 

2 minutes ago, stitches said:

Lets say it's for your preferred QB in the draft after Lawrence who is almost certain to go no. 1. You can go get your no. 2 QB in this draft, but you have to make an offer to the Jets for the no. 2 pick. What's an offer you would make that you think can be accepted? 

Colts would have to trade multiple 1s like 3 or 4 and couple 2s and 3. 

Nobody but Lawrence deserves that trade though and I doubt Jags would ever trade away a guy like Trevor Lawrence. 

10 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

Colts would have to trade multiple 1s like 3 or 4 and couple 2s and 3. 

Nobody but Lawrence deserves that trade though and I doubt Jags would ever trade away a guy like Trevor Lawrence. 

Lets say you call and the Jets ask for 

-2021 Colts 1st round pick, 2021 Colts 2nd round pick

-2022 Colts 1st round pick, 2022 Colts 3d round pick

-2023 2nd round pick. 

Yes or no? 

For the purposes of the scenario lets say AC confirms that he will be back for next season at the very least. 

Just now, stitches said:

Lets say you call and the Jets ask for 

-2021 Colts 1st round pick, 2021 Colts 2nd round pick

-2022 Colts 1st round pick, 2022 Colts 3d round pick

-2023 2nd round pick. 

Yes or no? 

I would do that deal but again only for Lawrence. 

2 hours ago, stitches said:

Are you suggesting the Colts trade UP to where the Jets or Dolphins are picking?

Aren't both top-5?

The Colts will likely be picking low to mid-20’s.   Hard to see either team willing to trade down that far.   Also this is the type of deal Ballard has talked about NOT wanting to do.   Trading up that far is HUGELY EXPENSIVE.  

30 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Are you suggesting the Colts trade UP to where the Jets or Dolphins are picking?

Yep.

Aren't both top-5?

Yep.

The Colts will likely be picking low to mid-20’s.   Hard to see either team willing to trade down that far.  

Possible... maybe we do it in 2 leaps... Like... get to around top 10 with one trade and then trade up to 2 with a second one, like Philly did when they took Wentz. 

Also this is the type of deal Ballard has talked about NOT wanting to do.  

Has he? I'm not sure I've seen/heard that... 

Trading up that far is HUGELY EXPENSIVE.  

It would be indeed. 

9 minutes ago, stitches said:

Yep.

Yep.

Possible... maybe we do it in 2 leaps... Like... get to around top 10 with one trade and then trade up to 2 with a second one, like Philly did when they took Wentz. 

It would be indeed. 

When Ballard has been asked on draft night if he considered trading up, his typical answer is along the lines of....   trading up is too expensive and carries too much risk if the player doesn’t pan out.   He’s said that more than once.  

14 minutes ago, stitches said:

Yep.

Yep.

It would be indeed. 

If we would trade up to two or three, I'd rather just trade for Watson personally. That'd cost about the same and Watson is a near-guarantee hit like Buckner IMO.

2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

When Ballard has been asked on draft night if he considered trading up, his typical answer is along the lines of....   trading up is too expensive and carries too much risk if the player doesn’t pan out.   He’s said that more than once.  

I'm generally with him in almost all situations. Acquiring your franchise QB is an exception. There is almost no bad trade up you can make if you find your franchise QB. Of course, Ballard has to love one of the prospects in this draft in order to make this move and you don't do it if you don't absolutely believe he's the guy and you have the coaching potential to build him up to a very high level. 

7 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

If we would trade up to two or three, I'd rather just trade for Watson personally. That'd cost about the same and Watson is a near-guarantee hit like Buckner IMO.

That was another hypothetical I was thinking about - what would u rather do - trade up to 2 or trade for Watson. I think there is a legitimate discussion to have there. There is certainty with Watson, but there's also cap considerations in favor of getting the young QB from the draft provided you think highly enough of him. 

1 hour ago, stitches said:

I'm generally with him in almost all situations. Acquiring your franchise QB is an exception. There is almost no bad trade up you can make if you find your franchise QB. Of course, Ballard has to love one of the prospects in this draft in order to make this move and you don't do it if you don't absolutely believe he's the guy and you have the coaching potential to build him up to a very high level. 

The key word in your first sentence is....,   “If”.

The statistical averages are that only 50 percent of first round QB draft picks pan out.   The teams that drafted the 50 percent that DIDN'T work out all thought they had their guy.  But it’s the hardest position to play in sports.   It really is 3-dimensional chess.   So you can pay a fortune to go get your guy and it still might not work out.  

Ask the Eagles about Wentz.

Ask the Rams about Goff.

Ask the Jets about Darnold.

Ask the Cards about Rosen. 

Just sayin.....

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

The statistical averages are that only 50 percent of first round QB draft picks pan out.   The teams that drafted the 50 percent that DIDN'T work out all thought they had their guy.  But it’s the hardest position to play in sports.   It really is 3-dimensional chess.   So you can pay a fortune to go get your guy and it still might not work out.  

Ask the Rams about Goff.

Just sayin.....

I still would love to have Wentz(especially on the trajectory he was with Reich and preinjury). But aside from that... noone is saying that this is a riskless proposition. When you are drafting players you shouldn't be drafting them with the expectation they will fail. If you think they will fail, you shouldn't draft them at all(let alone trade up for them). At the end of the day you have to make some bets and to trust your evaluations and not all will be successful, but that's what Ballard and the FO are being paid the big bucks - to make those decisions. Otherwise we are never going to get a franchise QB - this is the other side of the risk - the risk of missing on franchise QB when you had the chance to draft one. 

1 hour ago, stitches said:

I still would love to have Wentz(especially on the trajectory he was with Reich and preinjury). But aside from that... noone is saying that this is a riskless proposition. When you are drafting players you shouldn't be drafting them with the expectation they will fail. If you think they will fail, you shouldn't draft them at all(let alone trade up for them). At the end of the day you have to make some bets and to trust your evaluations and not all will be successful, but that's what Ballard and the FO are being paid the big bucks - to make those decisions. Otherwise we are never going to get a franchise QB - this is the other side of the risk - the risk of missing on franchise QB when you had the chance to draft one. 

Wentz' contract is just brutal. You won't find many, if any, takers unless the Eagles eat a bunch of those $. From what I read, if they were to cut him, he's a $35 million dollar cap hit in 2021, and a $31 million dollar cap hit in 2022.  He really can't be cut until 2023, when he's a $15 million dollar cap hit at that point. Awful situation for them. And because of the horrible cap hit for them, they can also expect far less compensation than they are likely to want. The team taking Wentz will essentially be doing them a big favor. That said, I think they need a separation, and quickly. Pederson is still going to be the coach, and the story is that he and Wentz are oil and water right now. The Eagles should be willing to take almost anything in return, as well as having to eat major $. 

Any team taking Wentz should be in the driver's seat if they have any sense at all. If the Colts seriously wanted him, they can get him fairly cheaply..... but do they really want him?

IMO, don't believe it. They aren't blowing the treasury on Wentz or any other shaky customer with all the other key players they need to sign. Rivers will be back next year; Eason is the heir apparent until he isn't. Get used to that reality. And hope for the best. 

5 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Ask the Rams about Goff.

Just sayin.....

How long are people gonna keep pushing this Darnold & Rosen narrative?  What has either done to deserve to be a starter?  In fact, what has Rosen done to even deserve to be on an NFL roster???  Serious question. 

7 hours ago, stitches said:

That was another hypothetical I was thinking about - what would u rather do - trade up to 2 or trade for Watson. I think there is a legitimate discussion to have there. There is certainty with Watson, but there's also cap considerations in favor of getting the young QB from the draft provided you think highly enough of him. 

I’m trading up for Fields with no hesitation and letting him and Lawrence continue their rivalry on the professional level.  In the 3 times I’ve seen them face each other, Fields has clearly outperformed Lawrence twice.  

The only time I saw Lawrence best Fields was when the referees helped Trevor and Clemson win the semifinal game last year...  And even then only Olave breaking off his route stopped Fields from leading a last minute comeback to win that game too...

Despite Fields having better accuracy, a stronger arm, & a better QB rating (EVERY year that they’ve both played) & all while facing tougher competition, there’s just no comparison between Lawrence & Fields huh???   The bias of these draft experts is sickening.  So much so that Kiper even had the audacity to say that Darnold was viewed as a better prospect than Fields.  

Fields gets killed for 2 bad games vs top 20 defenses (top 10 only counting Power 5 schools)  and Darnold threw as many or more interceptions in EACH of his 2 seasons of play than Fields has thrown in his 2 seasons combined. Rating, accuracy, W/L, & competition faced aren’t even close.  But Darnold was the better prospect???  How?  Why?

I lost all respect for Mel & McShay.  Should’ve known though.  It was Kiper that said Trubisky was the “only” quarterback worth moving up for and he was in the same draft as Mahomes & Watson.  But he was the “only” one worthy...  

And Todd plays the no trade scenario in his mock so he can knock Fields down to 15 and create a wider perceived margin between Lawrence & Fields.  Even putting Wilson in front of Fields.  

Wilson did have a better statistical year this season than Lawrence or Fields.  But he was playing against cream puffs in comparison. Fields would throw for 50 TD’s against that competition. Yet and still Wilson can be equal to or better than Fields but not Lawrence of course...  

1 hour ago, Smoke317 said:

How long are people gonna keep pushing this Darnold & Rosen narrative?  What has either done to deserve to be a starter?  In fact, what has Rosen done to even deserve to be on an NFL roster???  Serious question. 

One at a time....

Darnold was the third overall pick in the ‘18 draft.   He went to a badly dysfunctional organization.   So it’s often hard to know how much of his poor performance is him and how much is the organization. 

Rosen failed in Arizona, but much of that was they bailed on him because their new HC was a huge fan of Murray.   So he goes to Miami and doesn’t show much there so they, with their new HC wanted Tua.  (Did Miami make yet another mistake bypassing Herbert?   Looks like it.).   Rosen is now with SF but I believe he’s the third string QB.   Cost them almost nothing.   No picks, and NFL minimum level money.   If he doesn’t work out, it doesn’t hurt SF.   But maybe he turns into a decent backup?   If you believe in your coaching staff, and that’s Kyle Shannahan,  you have to believe he has signed off on bringing in Rosen.   All teams are desperate for QB talent, as long as you think he’s not a bad guy.   Third string means there is little down side.    

Sorry this went so long.   

59 minutes ago, Smoke317 said:

I’m trading up for Fields with no hesitation and letting him and Lawrence continue their rivalry on the professional level.  In the 3 times I’ve seen them face each other, Fields has clearly outperformed Lawrence twice.  

The only time I saw Lawrence best Fields was when the referees helped Trevor and Clemson win the semifinal game last year...  And even then only Olave breaking off his route stopped Fields from leading a last minute comeback to win that game too...

Despite Fields having better accuracy, a stronger arm, & a better QB rating (EVERY year that they’ve both played) & all while facing tougher competition, there’s just no comparison between Lawrence & Fields huh???   The bias of these draft experts is sickening.  So much so that Kiper even had the audacity to say that Darnold was viewed as a better prospect than Fields.  

Fields gets killed for 2 bad games vs top 20 defenses (top 10 only counting Power 5 schools)  and Darnold threw as many or more interceptions in EACH of his 2 seasons of play than Fields has thrown in his 2 seasons combined. Rating, accuracy, W/L, & competition faced aren’t even close.  But Darnold was the better prospect???  How?  Why?

I lost all respect for Mel & McShay.  Should’ve known though.  It was Kiper that said Trubisky was the “only” quarterback worth moving up for and he was in the same draft as Mahomes & Watson.  But he was the “only” one worthy...  

And Todd plays the no trade scenario in his mock so he can knock Fields down to 15 and create a wider perceived margin between Lawrence & Fields.  Even putting Wilson in front of Fields.  

Wilson did have a better statistical year this season than Lawrence or Fields.  But he was playing against cream puffs in comparison. Fields would throw for 50 TD’s against that competition. Yet and still Wilson can be equal to or better than Fields but not Lawrence of course...  

Love your passion here! Great post! :thmup:

25 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

One at a time....

Darnold was the third overall pick in the ‘18 draft.   He went to a badly dysfunctional organization.   So it’s often hard to know how much of his poor performance is him and how much is the organization. 

Rosen failed in Arizona, but much of that was they bailed on him because their new HC was a huge fan of Murray.   So he goes to Miami and doesn’t show much there so they, with their new HC wanted Tua.  (Did Miami make yet another mistake bypassing Herbert?   Looks like it.).   Rosen is now with SF but I believe he’s the third string QB.   Cost them almost nothing.   No picks, and NFL minimum level money.   If he doesn’t work out, it doesn’t hurt SF.   But maybe he turns into a decent backup?   If you believe in your coaching staff, and that’s Kyle Shannahan,  you have to believe he has signed off on bringing in Rosen.   All teams are desperate for QB talent, as long as you think he’s not a bad guy.   Third string means there is little down side.    

Sorry this went so long.   

I didn’t know he was 3rd string. I can understand that. Plus Shanahan & the 49ers are a great spot for a QB.  If something is gonna work out for Rosen, that would be the perfect spot for it to happen.  Shanahan, that running game, and their defense took an abysmal Jimmy G to the Super Bowl and was one play from winning it.  

Unfortunately though, I still feel like it’s excuses for both Darnold & Rosen.  Sure the organizations are bad.  Didn’t stop Murray from finding a way to be successful. Chargers are another terrible organization but that hasn’t stopped Herbert from balling out.  Same with Burrow & even Baker on occasions.

Darnold was turnover prone in college and he’s still the same in the pros.  Except no more Pac 12 defenses to feast on. So we have Darnold in his 4th year and he’s still never finished a year with a QBR over 47. For perspective, Brisset had a QBR of 52 last year.

And I want to say for the record, I had many doubts about Herbert before the draft. But my goodness is that kid special.  Pure arm talent, maybe only Allen & Mahomes are on his level. Rodgers also always in the discussion. But Herbert can already spin it with the best of them. Wow. 

On 1/8/2021 at 2:52 AM, John Hammonds said:

Yup.  I agree.  It's happened before.  But a 22nd pick?  Are we truly expecting a Trey Lance or a Mac Jones or a Kyle Trask to have that kind of success fresh outta the box?  Trevor Lawrence I get.  Even Justin Fields I can get.  But these guys?  You can put me down as an "I doubt it".

Lawrence might be the best and highest graded QB since Luck came out, but I don't think he will take a very bad Jaguars team to the playoff in year one or two, like Luck did. 

The Colts have one of the best O-lines in the NFL, which will help our QB´s as we give them time in the pocket. 

But for this upcoming draft, I hope Ballard take the best O-line player available when we pick, as we need to solidify that O-line due to injuries to key players. AC is injury prone and we need a good backup for him. So a good O-line player that can help the line, would be my pick.

I honestly can't see any of the top QB's falling to us og near us in the draft, so rather wait to the second round, and if Mac Jones or Kyle Trask is on the board, then grab one of them, but I don't think we take a QB in the first round.

Rivers won't come back and Brissett will hit free agency, as I don't see Ballard invest and bet on him for the long run. 

Yes he's likable, but he won't make us champs in this division with Watson and Lawrence in the years to come.

And Wentz is way to expensive for us, with the upcoming paydays to Big Q and Leonard. 

But let's say we traded Big Q to the Texans for Watson... nah just kidding ;)

6 hours ago, Smoke317 said:

To be clear....   Todd doing the “no trades” mocks is not something he does every time.   And he’s not doing it to screw with Fields.   He likes the kid.   Todd WILL do mocks WITH trades, and they will obviously look different than the ones with no trades and Fields will go high. 

Nobody is trying to mess with your favorite quarterback in this draft class. 

4 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

To be clear....   Todd doing the “no trades” mocks is not something he does every time.   And he’s not doing it to screw with Fields.   He likes the kid.   Todd WILL do mocks WITH trades, and they will obviously look different than the ones with no trades and Fields will go high. 

Nobody is trying to mess with your favorite quarterback in this draft class. 

Lol. I completely beg to differ. Todd & Mel did the same thing with Watson, Mahomes, & Trubisky. Pushed Watson & Mahomes’ stock down while elevating Trubisky’s. Now we have Wilson (who I actually like) who played against inferior opposition & just the year before finished the season with 11 td’s & 9 ints. I don’t see how you can rate him over Fields who has matched (and actually outperformed) the “greatest prospect since Luck”  in Lawrence (who I like too) every step of the way.  

Something isn’t adding up and it wreaks of an agenda.  Now Fields has to go beat Alabama in the championship to even have a chance of passing Wilson for 2nd?  Fields just lit up a top 20 rated defense of a Power 5 school in Clemson in the semifinal. Just as many touchdowns as interceptions but they’re gonna say Wilson having a less impressive game against Central Florida in the Boca Raton Bowl solidified his spot but Fields still has to prove himself?  That junk makes no sense whatsoever. 

Archived