Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How the colts can get the two seed

CR91

10 minutes ago, CR91 said:

I mean it could happen but I don’t see the Bills losing to the Dolphins or frankly New England.  

I also don’t see the Steelers losing to Cleveland if that game means anything at all which it would if the Steelers need to hang on to the number two seed.  

Still stranger things have happened in the NFL.

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I mean it could happen but I don’t see the Bills losing to the Dolphins or frankly New England.  

I also don’t see the Steelers losing to Cleveland if that game means anything at all which it would if the Steelers need to hang on to the number two seed.  

The browns almost beat the Ravens and the Steelers as I said weeks ago are the most overrated 11-0 team ever. Regardless, we need to take care of business and we can see where the chips lay.

1 minute ago, CR91 said:

The browns almost beat the Ravens and the Steelers as I said weeks ago are the most overrated 11-0 team ever. Regardless, we need to take care of business and we can see where the chips lay.

Yes but almost doesn’t get it done.  If I have to bet on a playoff savy team vs a team that hasn’t been there before to win a big game at the end of the year I am going with the playoff savy team and that’s the Steelers.  The one thing the Browns will have going for them is that games in Cleveland.  It’s not impossible for the Browns to win it I just don’t expect them too.  

58 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

And this is arguably the strangest NFL season ever played... one case of covid through a team could mean a whole lot (I know TN beat us up the 2nd time we played, but with Autry and others out with covid in the game, I think it's a different game... for example... I mean look at Denver who had to play with a practice squad WR as their QB... not that I wish or want COVID to happen to anyone, but it is a terrible thing and it seems to act pretty randomly).  I agree with you.. I don't see Pittsburgh losing to CLE if it matters, but things are changing this year sometimes just 1 or 2 days before games.

53 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Exactly, we need to take care of business.  Since we lost to Ravens and Browns they'll hold a tie-breaker over us.  It just comes down to Indy taking care of business really just to get into the playoffs.  As much as some people like to say Reichs '1-0' motto is cliche, it's true.... we win out and we're in the mix somewhere.  We can't worry too much about the rest of the league right now, if we take care of business, we're in somewhere.  Tonight's outcome wasn't the best for us as mathematically it allows for the Ravens to still get to 11-5 (with a weak schedule ahead) and they beat us in a tie-breaker at that point.

6 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yes but almost doesn’t get it done.  If I have to bet on a playoff savy team vs a team that hasn’t been there before to win a big game at the end of the year I am going with the playoff savy team and that’s the Steelers.  The one thing the Browns will have going for them is that games in Cleveland.  It’s not impossible for the Browns to win it I just don’t expect them too.  

Football games that come to the last play of the game for victory is fun to watch.

How many games could have been won if the field goal kicker made every easy kick?

Last night’s game was the best example. The Browns quarterback threw an interception which lead to a score.

Come on, Colts-every opportunity to score counts from here on out. You are not playing golf.

I’ll say it again, I want a Super Bowl Victory this year!

Who's with me?

The #3 seed is much more likely to me, just because I don't see Buffalo losing any of those remaining games, much less 2 of them (the Dolphins, maybe, but neither of the other 2). Now the Steelers, on the other hand, I can definitely see losing to the Clowns, the way both teams are playing right now. And, of course, both scenarios are contingent on the Colts winning every remaining game. Don't do that, and all of this is meaningless.

Archived