RD 1: (via Denver) Trey Lance, QB, North Dakota State 

RD 2: Hamilcar Rashed Jr, DE, Oregon State

RD 3: Nico Collins, WR, Michigan

RD 4: Caden Sterns, S, Texas

RD 4: Myron Cunningham, OT, Arkansas

RD 5: Tommy Kraemer, IOL, Notre Dame

RD 6: Trey McBride, TE, Colorado State

RD 7: Chris Rumph II, DE, Duke

This is a very good mock one of the best mock's I've seen so far. Colts get their QB, gets two pass rusher, two offensive linemen to help with the O line depth, a really good safety that can play zone corner, another Tight End, and a very solid WR. We don't know if TY is going come back or not. Drafting Nico gives us another offensive weapon. Thoughts? 

https://coltswire.usatoday.com/lists/indianapolis-colts-2021-mock-draft-after-week-13/

1 hour ago, DownHillRunner said:

This is a very good mock one of the best mock's I've seen so far. Colts get their QB, gets two pass rusher, two offensive linemen to help with the O line depth, a really good safety that can play zone corner, another Tight End, and a very solid WR. We don't know if TY is going come back or not. Drafting Nico gives us another offensive weapon. Thoughts? 

https://coltswire.usatoday.com/lists/indianapolis-colts-2021-mock-draft-after-week-13/

Couple of notes in regards to this draft:

1. Does anyone know if this trade checks out based on the trade value chart? Our 2021 1st and a 2022 2nd seems kinda low to move up 12 spots.

2. I think you need an OT way earlier. I would take one in the 3rd and take the WR in the 4th

3. Don’t really get the Sterns pick based on their description. Seems like they’re saying he’s a safety who should just convert to safety. But we already have a player like that in Tell. Also if you’re going to draft a corner, might as well draft one that already has experience there.

4. like Rashed but I’m concerned by the fact that he has zero sacks this season in 5 games played. He had 14 the year before but still

1 hour ago, DownHillRunner said:

It’s not a good mock if all we had to do to move up 12 spots is trade a 2nd round draft pick in 2022.   It wouldn’t be realistic if we traded our 2nd round luck in 2021.   Not nearly enough.   Sorry. 

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

It’s not a good mock if all we had to do to move up 12 spots is trade a 2nd round draft pick in 2022.   It wouldn’t be realistic if we traded our 2nd round luck in 2021.   Not nearly enough.   Sorry. 

Yeah I remember in 2017 the Texans and Chiefs traded up from the mid 20s to the 10-13 range to draft Watson and Mahomes. It took their first round picks that year plus a future first round pick. There might have been a little more.

I think a trade up like the one proposed here will cost the Colts at a minimum 2 first round picks.

No team takes just a 2022 2nd round pick to drop 12 spots. Terrible trade value and not realistic. Player wise I would hope for a better LT prospect. 

2 minutes ago, ar7 said:

Yeah I remember in 2017 the Texans and Chiefs traded up from the mid 20s to the 10-13 range to draft Watson and Mahomes. It took their first round picks that year plus a future first round pick. There might have been a little more.

I think a trade up like the one proposed here will cost the Colts at a minimum 2 first round picks.

Or at least this year and next years 2nd rounder. Not just one for sure. 

13 hours ago, ColtJax said:

To trade up that high it would be our #1 and #2 pick this year and our #1 and #3 next year. We might get Denver's 4th rounder next year as well.

I doubt it would cost that much, but there is no doubt it would cost more than this year’s first and a 2022 2nd rounder. 
And for the record, we should all accept that it’s against Ballard’s natural instincts to trade away assets. He’s a hunter gatherer of draft picks, not a giver. 
Also, after what happened to our LT, you have to believe that position has risen to the top of the draft need chart. 

On 12/10/2020 at 8:58 AM, Hoose said:

I doubt it would cost that much, but there is no doubt it would cost more than this year’s first and a 2022 2nd rounder. 
And for the record, we should all accept that it’s against Ballard’s natural instincts to trade away assets. He’s a hunter gatherer of draft picks, not a giver. 
Also, after what happened to our LT, you have to believe that position has risen to the top of the draft need chart. 

Yeah you can’t do both. You can’t trade up for a QB and draft an elite LT prospect. You trade up for Lance then you’re likely not getting an elite tackle prospect.

On 12/9/2020 at 2:22 PM, Defjamz26 said:

Couple of notes in regards to this draft:

1. Does anyone know if this trade checks out based on the trade value chart? Our 2021 1st and a 2022 2nd seems kinda low to move up 12 spots.

2. I think you need an OT way earlier. I would take one in the 3rd and take the WR in the 4th

3. Don’t really get the Sterns pick based on their description. Seems like they’re saying he’s a safety who should just convert to safety. But we already have a player like that in Tell. Also if you’re going to draft a corner, might as well draft one that already has experience there.

4. like Rashed but I’m concerned by the fact that he has zero sacks this season in 5 games played. He had 14 the year before but still

I think this article is judging by what Rashed did last season. I'm surprised to see he doesn't have any sacks this season. He was considered to be the best pass rusher in the Pac-12 with Joe Tyron sitting out for the season. 

On 12/9/2020 at 2:45 PM, NewColtsFan said:

Its a great trade from a positional needs perspective but not at the expense of two 1st round picks. 

On 12/11/2020 at 4:47 PM, Dingus McGirt said:

Pass that stuff y’all are smoking as you waste time and energy thinking there is even a chance Ballard “moves up” for a qb.

I would, but then I remember he traded our 1st round pick for Buckner.  Nobody saw that one coming.  Nobody.

On 12/11/2020 at 4:47 PM, Dingus McGirt said:

Pass that stuff y’all are smoking as you waste time and energy thinking there is even a chance Ballard “moves up” for a qb.

if anything I think CB would be more likely to move up that far for an OL he really likes who possibly falls on draft day (not Sewell, unfortunately) than on any of the QBs not named Lawrence

Archived