Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

AFC Playoff Picture Record/Schedule/Discussion *Updated* (Merge)

w87r

This thread is for an outlook on AFC Playoff picture for the rest of the season.

Will start off with 3 teams that I think will win their Division then onto remainder of teams/schedule.

Division Winners:

East - Bills(7-3)

North - Steelers(10-0)

West - Chiefs(9-1)

Winner gets the South:

Colts(7-3) - TEN, @HOU, @LV, HOU, @PIT, JAC

Titans(7-3) - @IND, CLE, @JAC, DET, @GB, @HOU

Other 3 Wild Card Spots:(Potentially non winner of South as well)

Browns(7-3) - @JAC, @TEN, BAL, @NYG, @NYJ, PIT

Ravens(6-4) - @PIT, DAL, @CLE, JAC, NYG, @CIN

Raiders(6-4) - @ATL, @NYJ, IND, LAC, MIA, @DEN. 

Dolphins(6-4) - @NYJ, CIN, KC, NE, @LV, @BUF

AFC Records:

Titans - (5-3)

Colts - (3-3)

Browns - (4-3)

Ravens - (4-4)

Raiders - (4-3)

Dolphins - (3-3)

Strength of Victory/ Strength of Schedule:

Titans - .437/.500

Colts - .415/.437

Browns - .363/.471

Ravens - .452/.469

Raiders - .574/.608

Dolphins - .350/.430

Wild Card Tie Breakers:

https://operations.nfl.com/the-rules/nfl-tiebreaking-procedures/

TO BREAK A TIE FOR THE WILD-CARD TEAM

If it is necessary to break ties to determine the two wild card clubs from each conference, the following steps will be taken:

If the tied clubs are from the same division, apply the division tiebreaker.

If the tied clubs are from different divisions, apply the following steps:

Two Clubs

Head-to-head, if applicable

Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference

Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four

Strength of victory

Strength of schedule

Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed

Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed

Best net points in conference games

Best net points in all games

Best net touchdowns in all games

Coin toss

Three or More Clubs

(Note: If two clubs remain tied after a third club or other clubs are eliminated, the tiebreaker reverts to step 1 of the applicable two-club format.)

Apply the division tiebreaker to eliminate all but the highest-ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2. The original seeding within a division upon application of the division tiebreaker remains the same for all subsequent applications of the procedure that are necessary to identify the two wild card participants.

Head-to-head sweep (applicable only if one club has defeated each of the others or if one club has lost to each of the others)

Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference

Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four

Strength of victory

Strength of schedule

Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed

Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed

Best net points in conference games

Best net points in all games

Best net touchdowns in all games

Coin toss

When the first wild card team has been identified, the procedure is repeated to name the second wild card (i.e., eliminate all but the highest-ranked club in each division prior to proceeding to step 2). In situations where three or more teams from the same division are involved in the procedure, the original seeding of the teams remains the same for subsequent applications of the tiebreaker if the top-ranked team in that division qualifies for a wild card berth.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My initial thoughts.

Obviously for the Colts this weeks game vs the Titans is huge. We clearly have a lot working against us this week, but good teams find a way to win and hoping we can pull this one out.

Saying that, Titans schedule is pretty tough to ens the season and after our game win or lose, I could see the Titans going anywhere from 1-4 to 3-2 over final 5 games.

I think 10-6 will most likely win the Division. I think the Colts will get to 10-6 question will be where Titans end up. Could easily see them finish at 9-7 even if they win tomorrow.

Browns I could see go 3-3 maybe 2-4 if Giants could pull something out. That would leave them at 9-7 or 10-6.  Browns have tie breaker over Colts with H2H victory.

Ravens I think most likely go 4-2 over final 6 games, but Dallas(might still be missing Jackson) or Giants might be able to pull a win out against them. Most likely to fi ish 10-6, possibly of 9-7. Ravens also hold tie breaker on Colts with h2h victory.

Raiders I think finish at least 10-6 if not 11-5. Colts really need to beat them when they go h2h. Really could use Falcons to beat them tomorrow and Chargers might be able to throw a wrench in their plans as well.

Dolphins I think finish at 8-8 or 9-7. They have a rough 4 game stretch to end the season. I think they are 1 of the 2 teams on this list that misses the playoffs.

Going to be a marathon to the end of the regular season for sure.

Colts need the Giants to possibly win their games against Browns and Ravens.

Teams to root for this week.

Colts(obviously)

Jaguars

Steelers

Falcons

Jets

33 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Thanks. I agree, 10-6 gets the division. 

Yeah, I think the Colts get to 10 wins, although it will complicate it a little with a loss tomorrow. Make it a little tougher.

We just have to beat the Raiders for sure.

11 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Next week the Titans and Browns play each other so that helps the colts either way.  Browns have a bigger covid situation going on then the colts. Maybe the jags and falcons can pull one out tomorrow.  

Will be pulling for the Browns for sure as our Division obviously makes the Playoffs easier to obtain. Either way though it helps us, as long as we take care of business.

9 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

TUA has been downgraded to doubtful tomorrow and the jets get Darnold back. We can pray that Fitzpatrick doesn’t have enough magic to win bur they are probably good enough to pull it out because it’s the jets.

Not to worried about Dolphins, tbh, bit as of now they are still a threat.

• w87r pinned this topic

Great thread. So many good teams in the AFC right now.  I think the Colts and Browns make the first 2 WCs. The third one could either be the Raiders, Miami or Ravens. Very tough to pick. I think I like Miami just because they still have the Pats and Bengals but they also play the Raiders and have to win that for the tiebreaker.

2 hours ago, FortheWin said:

Great thread. So many good teams in the AFC right now.  I think the Colts and Browns make the first 2 WCs. The third one could either be the Raiders, Miami or Ravens. Very tough to pick. I think I like Miami just because they still have the Pats and Bengals but they also play the Raiders and have to win that for the tiebreaker.

Thanks, I will update it tomorrow evening with updated info. Just waiting for the last game of the week to be played.

3:40 on a Wednesday, who would've knew? Lol.

12 hours ago, w87r said:

Thanks, I will update it tomorrow evening with updated info. Just waiting for the last game of the week to be played.

3:40 on a Wednesday, who would've knew? Lol.

I am kind of digging the afternoon game on a Wed. LOL

Imagine if the Steelers lose this game and the perfect season? Tomlin may go to Goodell's offices with a pitchfork and torch!

Will start off with 3 teams that I think will win their Division then onto remainder of teams/schedule.

Division Winners:

East - Bills(8-3)

North - Steelers(11-0)

West - Chiefs(10-1)

Winner gets the South:

Colts(7-4) - @HOU, @LV, HOU, @PIT, JAC

Titans(8-3) - CLE, @JAC, DET, @GB, @HOU

Other 3 Wild Card Spots:(Potentially non winner of South as well)

Browns(8-3) - @TEN, BAL, @NYG, @NYJ, PIT

Ravens(6-5) - DAL, @CLE, JAC, NYG, @CIN

Raiders(6-5) - @NYJ, IND, LAC, MIA, @DEN. 

Dolphins(7-4) - CIN, KC, NE, @LV, @BUF

Patriots(5-6) - @LAC, @LAR, @MIA, BUF, NYJ

AFC Records:

Titans - (6-3)

Colts - (3-4)

Browns - (5-3)

Ravens - (4-5)

Raiders - (4-3)

Dolphins - (4-3)

Patriots - (4-4)

Strength of Victory/ Strength of Schedule:

Titans - .455/.500

Colts - .422/.459

Browns - .313/.417

Ravens - .439/.612

Raiders - .567/.585

Dolphins - .286/.388

Patriots - .455/.529

**Added in the Patriots to updated list this week.**

• w87r changed the title to AFC Playoff Picture Record/Schedule/Discussion *Updated*

Current Standings:

1. Pittsburgh - (11-0)

2. Kansas City - (10-1)

3. Tennessee - (8-3)

4. Buffalo - (8-3)

5. Cleveland - (8-3)

6. Miami - (7-4)

7. Indianapolis - (7-4)

Still in the Hunt:

Las Vegas - (6-5)

Baltimore - (6-5)

New England - (5-6)

Teams to rout for as Colts fans this week:

Browns/Titans(either way it helps us but would rather be tied for division after this week, if we win)

Cowboys/Ravens

Jets/Raiders

Bengals/Dolphins

Chargers/Patriots

Probably a few of these wont happen....lol.

9 minutes ago, w87r said:

Teams to rout for as Colts fans this week:

Browns/Titans(either way it helps us but would rather be tied for division after this week, if we win)

Cowboys/Ravens

Jets/Raiders

Bengals/Dolphins

Chargers/Patriots

Probably a few of these wont happen....lol.

I agree with all, that would be hilarious if the Jets beat the Raiders confused season 3 GIF by Bleacher Report

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I read an article on ESPN.com this morning that said McSorley was going play, maybe it changed. They also said RG3 is now on IR and done for the year.

He is eligible to return from list tomorrow, I guess that doesn't mean he will play, just assuming so.

32 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

If Cowboys pull it off it would help us tremendously 

Would definitely be nice. Would of been better chance if Ravens didnt have Jackson.

NFL made sure he would be back. Remember their game was suppose to be Thursday night. Pushed all the way to Tuesday. Obviously playing last Wednesday they couldn't play on Thursday and I can even agree woth not today, but they could of played tomorrow and Jackson might not of played in that game only 1 day removed from Covid list and 1 day of live preparations. Will have 2 now, not that, that is a lot, but definitely increased his chances.

We just need to handle our business everything else will gall in place.

Only need to outplay Tennessee by 1 game to end year and division is ours. That should be first focus. Obviously need to beat LV this week.

34 minutes ago, w87r said:

Would definitely be nice. Would of been better chance if Ravens didnt have Jackson.

NFL made sure he would be back. Remember their game was suppose to be Thursday night. Pushed all the way to Tuesday. Obviously playing last Wednesday they couldn't play on Thursday and I can even agree woth not today, but they could of played tomorrow and Jackson might not of played in that game only 1 day removed from Covid list and 1 day of live preparations. Will have 2 now, not that, that is a lot, but definitely increased his chances.

We just need to handle our business everything else will gall in place.

Only need to outplay Tennessee by 1 game to end year and division is ours. That should be first focus. Obviously need to beat LV this week.

Anything could happen 

Giants beat the Seahawks today 

1 minute ago, danlhart87 said:

Anything could happen 

Giants beat the Seahawks today 

Giants are slept on a little I think.

They play the Ravens and Browns down the stretch as well. Need them to pull of a couple wins.

They are division leaders. Lol.

1. Steelers 11-0 *

2. KC 11-1 *

3. Bills 8-3 *

4. Titans 8-4 *

5. Browns 9-3

6. Miami 8-4

7. Colts at 8-4
Remaining schedule 

@ Raiders (7-5)

vs Texans (4-8)

Steelers (11-0)

vs Jags  (1-11)

8. Raiders 7-5

Remaining schedule 

vs Colts (8-4)

vs Chargers (3-9)

vs Miami (8-4)

@ Denver (4-8)

9. Baltimore 6-5

Remaining schedule 

Vs Cowboys (3-8)

@ Browns (9-3)

vs Jags (1-11)

vs Giants (5-7)

@ Cincy (2-9-1)

13 minutes ago, runthepost said:

1. Steelers 11-0 *

2. KC 11-1 *

3. Bills 8-3 *

4. Titans 8-4 *

5. Browns 9-3

6. Miami 8-4

7. Colts at 8-4
Remaining schedule 

@ Raiders (7-5)

vs Texans (4-8)

Steelers (11-0)

vs Jags  (1-11)

8. Raiders 7-5

Remaining schedule 

vs Colts (8-4)

vs Chargers (3-9)

vs Miami (8-4)

@ Denver (4-8)

9. Baltimore 6-5

Remaining schedule 

Vs Cowboys (3-8)

@ Browns (9-3)

vs Jags (1-11)

vs Giants (5-7)

@ Cincy (2-9-1)

Super excited to beat KC on the road followed by Steelers on the road, then finishing it off in Buffalo for the AFCCG on route to our super bowl win

Must win game for the Raiders so this will be a tough one. Nervous about that one because of Ruggs and Renfrow. Renfrow in particular is a zone destroyer who could have a day if Moore doesn’t check him. I’m confident in being able to beat the Jags again. Texans should be easier at home.

Also I’m really hoping to win the division still. We need Tennessee to lose a lot though so we’ll see.

Archived