Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jerrell Freeman Lb

stonehart1234

Old news, but both are promising players. You didn't put in Justin Hickman, but that's alright.

I know the CFL very well, and I can tell you that Freeman is the real deal. He's quick and smart, and chooses a good angle to attack.

Don't know much about Addison, but from what I saw, he did a nice job with the Colts last year and should be a good backup at OLB.

What do you all think about putting Freeman in at Linebacker where Freeny's spot would be, if the Freeny situation tanks and we end up having to lose him one way or the other, I have seen this footage before but I am impressed hes got speed for a linebacker, takes good angles and is a heavy hitter

What do you all think about putting Freeman in at Linebacker where Freeny's spot would be, if the Freeny situation tanks and we end up having to lose him one way or the other, I have seen this footage before but I am impressed hes got speed for a linebacker, takes good angles and is a heavy hitter

Freeman is probably nothing more than camp fodder. He will not fit the system the Colts are going to run. At 6'1" 220lbs he is way too small to play LB in a 3-4. I don't think the Colts can afford to carry a set of 3-4 LBer's and a set of 4-3 LBer's. They need to carry the one's that can be interchangable in both systems and I doubt Freeman can.

I'll be surprised if any of these guys do anything of significance for the Colts.

They were undrafted / played in the CFL for a reason.

Gary Brackett wwas way undersized for an LB, and and I see more speed and reaction from Freeman. Yes CFL, but sideline to sideline.....he makes this team and is a special teams beast....

Old news, but both are promising players. You didn't put in Justin Hickman, but that's alright.

I know the CFL very well, and I can tell you that Freeman is the real deal. He's quick and smart, and chooses a good angle to attack.

Don't know much about Addison, but from what I saw, he did a nice job with the Colts last year and should be a good backup at OLB.

Addison brings the non-stop motor as does Freeman and Hickman....to play aggressive.....got be ready to run the field. Freeman seems to cover well. Yes these are highlights, but......

Andy, I don't follow the CFL so I can't comment on if they're the real deal. However, like someone already pointed out, besides Cameron Wake are there any other CFL players that have recently made an impact in the NFL on D? Chick was supposedly great there but could hardly crack our roster and we weren't exactly the 85 Bears.

I hope these guys can contribute, at least on STs, but I don't expect them to be 'beasts'. Do you?

Andy, I don't follow the CFL so I can't comment on if they're the real deal. However, like someone already pointed out, besides Cameron Wake are there any other CFL players that have recently made an impact in the NFL on D? Chick was supposedly great there but could hardly crack our roster and we weren't exactly the 85 Bears.

I hope these guys can contribute, at least on STs, but I don't expect them to be 'beasts'. Do you?

No, I don't expect them to be beasts, and I don't even expect them to start. Here's the thing about the CFL players in the NFL, there are rarely any D from the CFL in the NFL. They don't switch. The guys like Andy Fantuz or Chad Owens are the ones that switch. They are receivers. The offensive players switch. Not many good CFL players are good in the NFL these days, but back in the day they were. Warren Moon, Joe Theismann...

This is what I expect from our CFL signings, I expect them to be good ST players, actually I expect them to be our best ST players. I expect them to be quality backups and if anything happens to our LBs, they should come in and do a decent job. They are just depth, but in the CFL, they were real good. They are athletic players

John Chick was an interesting one. He left for the NFL early. He played in 2 seasons in the CFL, and won DYOP in one of them. He thought he was the best thing, so he moved to the NFL, and expectedly failed. That was no shocker.

No, I don't expect them to be beasts, and I don't even expect them to start. Here's the thing about the CFL players in the NFL, there are rarely any D from the CFL in the NFL. They don't switch. The guys like Andy Fantuz or Chad Owens are the ones that switch. They are receivers. The offensive players switch. Not many good CFL players are good in the NFL these days, but back in the day they were. Warren Moon, Joe Theismann...

This is what I expect from our CFL signings, I expect them to be good ST players, actually I expect them to be our best ST players. I expect them to be quality backups and if anything happens to our LBs, they should come in and do a decent job. They are just depth, but in the CFL, they were real good. They are athletic players

John Chick was an interesting one. He left for the NFL early. He played in 2 seasons in the CFL, and won DYOP in one of them. He thought he was the best thing, so he moved to the NFL, and expectedly failed. That was no shocker.

Thanks Andy. That's what I hope for them too. Anything better would be a bonus.

Yeah, no undrafted players have ever made on impact in the NFL have they?

That was exactly what I said, wasn't it?

You think we have a better chance of success from:

A) Building with undrafted free agents and cfl players

or

B) Building with players that were actually drafted and have established themselves already in the league?

Thought so.

or

B) Building with players that were actually drafted and have established themselves already in the league?

Thought so.

All you said was 'they're no good to us, they were undrafted' - at no point did you make a comparison to established players and let's be honest, even that doesn't work sometimes (2011 Eagles).

or

Thought so.

Both Karl....slow but sure....all of the above...if it makes cap sense.....we can barely afford our draft picks.....

All you said was 'they're no good to us, they were undrafted' - at no point did you make a comparison to established players and let's be honest, even that doesn't work sometimes (2011 Eagles).

No, that's not what I said. At all.

Here's what I said:

"I'll be surprised if any of these guys do anything of significance for the Colts.

They were undrafted / played in the CFL for a reason."

If you have some statistic that shows that undrafted players and CFL players both have a greater chance of succeeding in the NFL as compared to players that were drafted, i'd love to see it.

Otherwise, my OPINION, as I clearly stated, is that i'd be SURPRISED if any of those 3 players contributes to the Colts.

Jerrell Freeman would be an inside linebacker in our new 3-4 scheme..............heck, in all the highlights it 'appears' that he is playing alot of MIKE or atleast alot of nickel.............he seems to flow to the ball well and wraps up when he tackles, so that is always a plus!

Surely he is camp competition for ILB and special teams.................doubtful he would leapfrog Angerer and Conner, but he will be in competition with A.J. Edds, Mario Harvey and whatever draft picks and rookie free agents that are brought in!

Another low risk-high reward signing..........

As far as Mario Addison goes...............he played well in limited action last year and has the appearance of being a good enough athlete to play the OLB role in a 3-4! Good depth to have behind Freeney and Mathis as well!

I agree with both Franchise!! 2 non-stop motors....cannot have enough!!

Andy, I don't follow the CFL so I can't comment on if they're the real deal. However, like someone already pointed out, besides Cameron Wake are there any other CFL players that have recently made an impact in the NFL on D?

Brandon Browner played for the Stampeders is now a Seahawk and does well,

Brandon Browner played for the Stampeders is now a Seahawk and does well,

He played D1 in college with Oregon ST. Good player for the Hawks.

Freeman played D3. Still I hope he can help improve our ST's. I think we actually got worse under coach Ray.