Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jamaal Anderson Signs With Bengals [Merge]

MTC

Alright, big deal. He didn't fit in our new scheme anyways. I wish him luck, but he won't get much time there. Johnson and Dunlap are two good starters, so he'll just be a rotation guy. Either way, I hope he does well there.

Alright, big deal. He didn't fit in our new scheme anyways. I wish him luck, but he won't get much time there. Johnson and Dunlap are two good starters, so he'll just be a rotation guy. Either way, I hope he does well there.

not sure if thats true, but it does beg the question now who will play DE opposite redding. moloa i guess

not sure if thats true, but it does beg the question now who will play DE opposite redding. moloa i guess

He was too small to play 3-4 DE. He didn't have enough muscle and he was 272 pounds. He was also too slow to play 3-4 OLB. 4-3 is not for him.

Yes, Moala will most likely start since he has experience playing in a 3-4 at USC. Nevis and Matthews should rotate in with Redding being a permanent starter there.

gotta trust the coaches and what they see and want

Jamaal Anderson - DL - Bengals

Bengals signed DE Jamaal Anderson, formerly of the Colts.

Joining Derrick Harvey, Anderson is the second former No. 8 pick in the draft to surface with Cincinnati on the same day. Still only 26 years old, Anderson was a rotational left end and defensive tackle in Indy last season, managing just 24 tackles and three sacks in 15 games. Pro Football Focus did grade Anderson as a serviceable run defender, but he's been a major NFL bust.

Already posted, but I'll still throw in my 2 cents.

He doesn't fit in the system. He's too small for 3-4 DE and too slow for 3-4 OLB. He is a 4-3 DE and that's it. I wish him well in Cincy, where he'll be a rotational player behind Michael Johnson.

He's a solid 6'6" 290 lbs....just about the most prototypical size for a 3-4 End. I would have liked to keep him as I think he's better than Moala but......

Whattaya gonna do?

He's 272 pounds. Do you want links?

He's 272 pounds. Do you want links?

Well now, it seems I have to put my foot in my typing fingers lol.

Currently listed at 272 on the Bengals, but I swear he was listed at 290 for us last year. I am not mistaken about that. Teams do lie about a guy's weight though. For a guy as tall as he was I'd say 290 looked about right though.

Well now, it seems I have to put my foot in my typing fingers lol.

Currently listed at 272 on the Bengals, but I swear he was listed at 290 for us last year. I am not mistaken about that. Teams do lie about a guy's weight though. For a guy as tall as he was I'd say 290 looked about right though.

I believe you're right. He was listed at around 290 last year. I remember he was heavier than Brayton when they both signed but apparently Anderson dropped some weight, probably in attempt to become faster. I wish him well.