Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trade #1 Pick For #2?

BProland85

Sponsors...... that sounds a lot like what I said here;

He looked ridiculous whatever the reason.

RG3 drives a Chrysler Pacifica. His parents told him they were gonna buy him a brand new car for his first car and he asked them not to waste the money that a used car is fine. Dan Snyder made a joke that players drive Bentley's in the parking lots in the NFL and Griff said he didnt care that he loves the Pacifica and wouldnt buy a new car because of it. He said he doesnt care if he looks silly in it because he likes it that much....

Money is the LAST thing on this kids mind.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

RG3 drives a Chrysler Pacifica.

That will last about 15 minutes until he drives past his first dealership with $5 million in his bank account. Then his pacifica will be parked in one of his three houses 5-car garages. Not that I'd blame him for that.

As to the shirt; He's entering the NFL and could have understood the message looked facetious.

Wow, I took a beating here and many great arguments against me. I even got us a new member with my outrageous comments on his attire, that's a first for me. BTW, welcome to the forum, RIggo.

Anyway, the kid is living a dream that none of us could even understand the pressures of. I hope he does well and I don't hope for him to fail just to prove me right. I'm sure he doesn't deserve failure as some notable busts have in the NFL's past.

Comparing him to Luck on the field, off the field, by outward appearances, attitude and mannerisms, I'd take Luck all day on all accounts. He is the proverbial winner winner of the delicious chicken dinner.

That will last about 15 minutes until he drives past his first dealership with $5 million in his bank account. Then his pacifica will be parked in one of his three houses 5-car garages. Not that I'd blame him for that.

As to the shirt; He's entering the NFL and could have understood the message looked facetious.

Wow, I took a beating here and many great arguments against me. I even got us a new member with my outrageous comments on his attire, that's a first for me. BTW, welcome to the forum, RIggo.

Anyway, the kid is living a dream that none of us could even understand the pressures of. I hope he does well and I don't hope for him to fail just to prove me right. I'm sure he doesn't deserve failure as some notable busts have in the NFL's past.

Comparing him to Luck on the field, off the field, by outward appearances, attitude and mannerisms, I'd take Luck all day on all accounts. He is the proverbial winner winner of the delicious chicken dinner.

After thinking about this some more I think it is just that both QBs fit their potential teams perfectly and wouldn't work as well the other way around. Luck is pretty much Peyton Jr., all the right answers, keeps a low profile and just throws the football. So basically Peyton before he realized how awesome he is in commercials.

RG3 kind of fits the bigger city of DC which means more media. He just kind of shows that little bit more of personality that fans will love here in DC. With you guys being so used to Peyton, Luck seems like That Dude. With the Skins, we've had mediocre bland guys like Rex and Jason Campbell so getting a guy like RG3 who can throw and has that superstar personality that the media will eat up gets us all excited.

Watching the Baylor Basketball game tonight, their Basketball team was wearing Adidas.

If memory serves me correctly he wasn't the only player wearing that same shirt.

Could have been team issued.

Apparently it is. I was set straight by a few passionate fans in this thread. I still don't like the kids swagger. I'll take our guy all day, every day, over Griff. Not even a question.

After thinking about this some more I think it is just that both QBs fit their potential teams perfectly and wouldn't work as well the other way around. Luck is pretty much Peyton Jr., all the right answers, keeps a low profile and just throws the football. So basically Peyton before he realized how awesome he is in commercials.

RG3 kind of fits the bigger city of DC which means more media. He just kind of shows that little bit more of personality that fans will love here in DC. With you guys being so used to Peyton, Luck seems like That Dude. With the Skins, we've had mediocre bland guys like Rex and Jason Campbell so getting a guy like RG3 who can throw and has that superstar personality that the media will eat up gets us all excited.

Well said, very well said.

BTW; Is your screen-name derived from Riggins?

Well said, very well said.

BTW; Is your screen-name derived from Riggins?

Thanks. Glad we've come to some understanding.

And of course, had to think of a username real fast so I could rage all over my keyboard at you.

Apparently it is. I was set straight by a few passionate fans in this thread. I still don't like the kids swagger. I'll take our guy all day, every day, over Griff. Not even a question.

I didn't read through the whole thread..

I knew they wore nike last year, and I thought I read that RGIII had signed with Adidas, then I saw the bb team wearing, so that is why I made the post..

He doesn't come off as nearly as cocky or flamboyant as Cam Netwon did to me last year.

Thanks. Glad we've come to some understanding.

And of course, had to think of a username real fast so I could rage all over my keyboard at you.

lol.....Riggins is my all time favorite back. I like him over all, even Sanders, hands down the most brutal north-south runner. I was a stout Redskins fans back in the day. After Theisman went down I just kinda went away from them but have always rooted for them in the annual Cowboys vs Redskins games.

Your rage was well directed. Here's to hoping both our franchises can bust out of their current funk with their new leaders!

I didn't read through the whole thread..

I knew they wore nike last year, and I thought I read that RGIII had signed with Adidas, then I saw the bb team wearing, so that is why I made the post..

He doesn't come off as nearly as cocky or flamboyant as Cam Netwon did to me last year.

Cam went full out number #1 pick swag on maximum mode. Kid better be glad he played so well, he would have looked like an *.

lol.....Riggins is my all time favorite back. I like him over all, even Sanders, hands down the most brutal north-south runner. I was a stout Redskins fans back in the day. After Theisman went down I just kinda went away from them but have always rooted for them in the annual Cowboys vs Redskins games.

Your rage was well directed. Here's to hoping both our franchises can bust out of their current funk with their new leaders!

I'm more of an Earl Campbell kind of guy, but yeah hope the Colts and Luck can do some great stuff. That first RG3 vs Luck game is gonna be HUGE, haha.

I'm more of an Earl Campbell kind of guy, but yeah hope the Colts and Luck can do some great stuff. That first RG3 vs Luck game is gonna be HUGE, haha.

Campbell was a truck with shoes, wasn't he? That was a different era. The NFL needs more backs like that in this era.

You consider that treasure chest of draft picks they gave up to draft Griffin shrewd?

I consider the moves we made last offseason in both free agency (acquiring several underrated talents who were tremendously productive) and the draft (amassing 12 draft picks all of whom eventually wound up on the active roster) to be extremely shrewd. I consider this move up to be a necessary gamble on a very good QB prospect for a team that has rarely finished so poorly as to actually have a shot at that level of talent.

They outbid a Cleveland team armed with a lot of picks and paid thru the nose. It also means that Browns Pres. Mike Holmgren, who has coached the likes of Montana, Young and Favre..... for all practical purposes said "too rich for me" at the pricetag for Griffin.

Cleveland supposedly matched our offer but it came in too late. The Rams and Redskins had agreed in principle to the deal and the Rams upheld the agreement despite the Browns' better draft position. Part of that likely has to do with the fact that our front office has ties to theirs and Shanahan and Fisher are friends.

The move might pay off.... and it might not.... but the price was steep either way. And I'm guessing Dan Snyder was involved front and center as well.

For the record.... I wouldn't trade with the Skins and flip-flop the top two picks.

The price was steep but the interesting part of all of this is that the media overwhelmingly agrees that it was a good move. That never happens with the Redskins, so you have to assume that it wasn't so outrageous as it might be were it for any player other than Griffin (or Luck). Besides, we'll still have a full draft's worth of picks in each of the next three drafts, if I remember right. This move will really come down to developing our QB and hitting on some mid-round prospects.

I'm sure Snyder has followed the process closely but the trade was not his call to make. That was basically the stipulation of the fan revolt of sorts at the end of 2009 that led to use bringing on a real GM and coach. Shanahan has final say on all roster moves, so this was his decision to make with input from the rest of the organization.

If the opportunity were presented, would you trade the #1 overall pick to the Redskins for their #2 and say DE/OLB Brian Orakpo or Ryan Kerrigan?

Personally, its still pretty close for me deciding between Luck and RG3. Both I think will be great QBs. If we can make our decison easier and still land a top flight starting defensive player in the deal, I wouldnt mind it.

I've read that comparing them is like comparing Marino and Elway. Both great but which one best fits your team?

Naw Luck > RGiii. I wouldn't make that move if the world depended on it. I don't know where the comparisons come from. RGiii is good yeah but Luck is so much more NFL ready.

Sides the Heisman winning QBs since 1984 have been as follows:

Flutie, Testaverde, Ware, Detmer, Toretta, Ward, Wuerffel, Weinke, Crouch, Palmer, White, Leinart, Smith, Tebow, Bradford, Newton.

I'll take a pass on RGiii though I think he will be a solid QB if he can stay healthy. I just don't see anything that makes me believe RGiii will be better, especially in the long run. Regardless what people say he still is a run style QB. I have a bad feeling the guy is going to get injured.

This forum gives me a headache. The title and description alone is enough to make me reach for a handgun.

P.S. Don't worry about the 'Skins; their cap hit alone is going to make sure that team will live in mediocrity for 4-6 years.

P.P.S. Andrew Luck is clearly the #1 QB. Andrew Luck is the best college QB I HAVE EVER SEEN. EVER SEEN. RG3 is a darned good player and I wish him well but teams didn't "Suck for Luck" to end up taking Robert Griffin. Case closed. Go Cardinal, Go Colts, Go Andrew.

P.P.P.S. Sorry about all the post-scripts but here is a nice little joke to end on. RG3 wears socks with Superman on them. Superman wears socks with Andrew Luck on them.

This forum gives me a headache. The title and description alone is enough to make me reach for a handgun.

P.S. Don't worry about the 'Skins; their cap hit alone is going to make sure that team will live in mediocrity for 4-6 years.

P.P.S. Andrew Luck is clearly the #1 QB. Andrew Luck is the best college QB I HAVE EVER SEEN. EVER SEEN. RG3 is a darned good player and I wish him well but teams didn't "Suck for Luck" to end up taking Robert Griffin. Case closed. Go Cardinal, Go Colts, Go Andrew.

P.P.P.S. Sorry about all the post-scripts but here is a nice little joke to end on. RG3 wears socks with Superman on them. Superman wears socks with Andrew Luck on them.

Nice little joke? But you know what they say: what makes a good comedian timing?.....

Bahhh and me sitting here with no likes. Sorry, I owe ya one.

Griff came off as immature and showy at his pro-day, especially in compare to the demeanor and presentation of Luck. I discussed this in another thread earlier. Griff was strutting himself in his cute little Under Armor outfit with the "cool" looking yet entirely aesthetic left arm sleeve thingy. He also had some stupid message written on his chest in neon letters, and later appeared at the presser with yet another neon message to convey his attitude.

09000d5d827c31b9_video_rhr_280_210.jpg

Grow up kid. Words are worth about as much as that penny-T.

Luck impressed me by not trying to impress me with slick outfits and clever sayings prominently displayed on his chest. He looked like he grabbed whatever was laying on the floor when he woke up, he went out there and chucked the ball into the wind and I freakin love that about him.

When speaking, Luck was very sure and nonchalant. I hate fake and Griff reeks of fake. Luck is the real. I'm really getting fired up about him now that my divorce with Manning has been finalized.

I agree.

I don’t know what it is but I just have this feeling that RG3 is going to develop a HUGE ego attitude before the year is over.

Don’t need it

Don’t want it

Don’t even let it in the building

I consider the moves we made last offseason in both free agency (acquiring several underrated talents who were tremendously productive) and the draft (amassing 12 draft picks all of whom eventually wound up on the active roster) to be extremely shrewd. I consider this move up to be a necessary gamble on a very good QB prospect for a team that has rarely finished so poorly as to actually have a shot at that level of talent.

Compared to the Redskins history of often sidestepping the draft and stocking their roster largely thru free agency, I suppose you can call it shrewd. It's actually fairly normal.

Cleveland supposedly matched our offer but it came in too late. The Rams and Redskins had agreed in principle to the deal and the Rams upheld the agreement despite the Browns' better draft position. Part of that likely has to do with the fact that our front office has ties to theirs and Shanahan and Fisher are friends.

Your team gets credit for scooping the #2 pick despite the Browns equal offer, if that was in fact the case, and a personal friendship between Fisher and Shanahan may well have been a factor.... which is fine..... thats often how the NFL world turns 'round. But RGIII is now being touted as at least the equal of Andrew Luck and a perfect fit for a WC system.... so we'll see if Holmgren or the Skins, or both, are the eventual winner by the outcome of RGIII's career and whatever players the Browns draft.

The price was steep but the interesting part of all of this is that the media overwhelmingly agrees that it was a good move. That never happens with the Redskins, so you have to assume that it wasn't so outrageous as it might be were it for any player other than Griffin (or Luck). Besides, we'll still have a full draft's worth of picks in each of the next three drafts, if I remember right. This move will really come down to developing our QB and hitting on some mid-round prospects.

Yes... the media loved the move and the RGIII hype has elevated to AT LEAST the hype level of Andrew Luck. Hardly a barometer of their eventual success and there's the small matter of performance on the field.... its all about the W's. Now.... your statement about their next 3 drafts.... there's a big difference between that and having a 1st rounder in each draft.... so I agree that hitting your mid-rounders will absolutely be a key factor.

]I'm sure Snyder has followed the process closely but the trade was not his call to make. That was basically the stipulation of the fan revolt of sorts at the end of 2009 that led to use bringing on a real GM and coach. Shanahan has final say on all roster moves, so this was his decision to make with input from the rest of the organization.

Okay.... IMO, this is where you're REALLY getting carried away.

The past and present reality with Dan Snyder is that Mike Shanahan's "final say" could become his "famous last words" in the blink of an eye. We needn't look any further than guys like Marty Schottenheimer and Skins icon Joe Gibbs to figure that out. Dan Snyder.... perhaps more than any other NFL owner.... has proven to be short on patience and capable of taking the nuclear option without notice.

IMO, another 2 seasons of playoff misses is the max amount of rope he'll give Shanahan... whose own megalomania lurks and which finally did him in with Denver after milking the Elway/Davis SB's for all they were worth..... and could easily do the same in DC where he'll get no such time allotment without fairly immediate results. This arrangement is no less volatile than Bill Parcells and Jerry Jones was in Dallas.

Make no mistake.... Daniel Snyder is the ultimate Redskins shot-caller.... and the warm-and-fuzzies surrounding RGIII these days better translate into wins and playoff appearances sooner rather than later.

I agree.

I don’t know what it is but I just have this feeling that RG3 is going to develop a HUGE ego attitude before the year is over.

Don’t need it

Don’t want it

Don’t even let it in the building

I get the exact same feeling and have(like I said earlier in the thread) since he was pimping himself to win the heisman. A humble guy just don't do that no matter whether he feels he deserves it or not. Just keep your mouth shut and prove it on the field. Not saying he didn't prove it, just that I don't like the fact that he felt the need to say it. I just get the feeling that midway through the season he'll be referring to himself in the 3rd person and that kind of crap irratates me to no end. Hopefully this kid proves me wrong but I'll have to see it to believe it. He has future egotistical jerkbag written all over him IMO.

I get the exact same feeling and have(like I said earlier in the thread) since he was pimping himself to win the heisman. A humble guy just don't do that no matter whether he feels he deserves it or not. Just keep your mouth shut and prove it on the field. Not saying he didn't prove it, just that I don't like the fact that he felt the need to say it. I just get the feeling that midway through the season he'll be referring to himself in the 3rd person and that kind of crap irratates me to no end. Hopefully this kid proves me wrong but I'll have to see it to believe it. He has future egotistical jerkbag written all over him IMO.

Maybe it’s the fact that the media hypes him enough that he doesn’t need to hype himself. It reminds me of the fast food franchises that hype up movies. The more the hype, the worse the movie.

No.

Griff is going to fall well short of the #2 pick value, let alone the ancillary picks given as compensation for the trade-up. Red flags aplenty indicating issues with injury potential, maturity, leadership and attitude with that kid.

I haven't seen anything blatant to believe this, yet gut instinct says this my be a possibility. Maybe it's just me, but I see exceptionally talented players living off their talent and not putting the ancillary work in. Eventually, their talents falls with mounting injury and the savvy to overcome it went to the guys in the film and weight rooms. We'll see.

BTW, I found my lava lamp and saw a VW microbus. Where is the entry to the Hippie Peace movement Club? Sign me up. :)

No. That would be doing what San Diego did with the Giants where a trade was initiated that sent Eli Manning to the Giants for Philip Rivers; and Drew Breez to the Saints. The Giants and Saints got the better end of that trade off.The top QB honors of the NFL is going to be between Andrew Luck & Matthew Stafford IMO.

No. That would be doing what San Diego did with the Giants where a trade was initiated that sent Eli Manning to the Giants for Philip Rivers; and Drew Breez to the Saints. The Giants and Saints got the better end of that trade off.The top QB honors of the NFL is going to be between Andrew Luck & Matthew Stafford IMO.

Brees wasn't traded. That bum was allowed to hit free agency

Ok guys didnt see this thread being this talked about but Im actually completely fine with taking Luck 1st overall just so you know. All in all, he is the best QB in this draft who posseses the best QB skills. He should be the pick.

Now I just hope we can somehow acquire more draft picks by trading an aging player like Freeney.

If the opportunity were presented, would you trade the #1 overall pick to the Redskins for their #2 and say DE/OLB Brian Orakpo or Ryan Kerrigan?

Personally, its still pretty close for me deciding between Luck and RG3. Both I think will be great QBs. If we can make our decison easier and still land a top flight starting defensive player in the deal, I wouldnt mind it.

They will not both be good QB's. RG3 is the better athlete, Luck is far superior as a QB. Or should I say FAR SUPERIOR.

so says BIGugly.....so it is.....

Oh, and the best one of the bunch won't be out 'til next year. Barkley at USC. Take it to the bank.