Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Watch 2018 Chargers vs KC in KC.. Rivers comeback

AustexColt

We know that 2019 was not a good year for Phillip Rivers. The OL was poor. Well in 2018 the OL was just a tidbit better but he had no time to throw. If you watch the 2018 KC at KC, when KC was red hot with Mahomes and Tyreek Hill, the Chargers came in and playing from behind all game long pulled it out with Rivers quick read and release. Now picture him throwing behind our OL.  This is looks like a very promising year.

If you want to see another comeback - watch 2018 vs the Steelers in Pittsburgh. 

What is impressive is his quick release and use of his backs. His reads are really so much superior to Brissett. His release is quicker than Luck. Rivers is a Future HOF. Like Marino he did not play in a SB but his leadership is unquestionable. I just hope he has enough time to develop the chemistry with the other players. The Chargers receivers were so much better than what we have. We need receivers that can catch the tight window passes and get rocked. I am not sure we have them. Kenaan Allen is a real stud.

16 hours ago, AustexColt said:

The Chargers receivers were so much better than what we have. We need receivers that can catch the tight window passes and get rocked. I am not sure we have them. Kenaan Allen is a real stud.

Perhaps, but the Chargers also had no depth at wide receiver.  It was Keenan and Mike Williams and that was it.  The Colts have much more depth and hopefully that will benefit Rivers.   And TY Hilton is a total stud when healthy.

14 hours ago, Bolts2Colts said:

Perhaps, but the Chargers also had no depth at wide receiver.  It was Keenan and Mike Williams and that was it.  The Colts have much more depth and hopefully that will benefit Rivers.   And TY Hilton is a total stud when healthy.

I think Keenan was hurt and didn't  even play in that game, it was Tyrell Williams, the usually worthless Travis Benjamin, & Mike Williams - the latter personally accounted for 20 points, catching 2 touchdown passes, running for 1 and receiving the game winning 2 point conversion.

18 minutes ago, Lancer1 said:

I think Keenan was hurt and didn't  even play in that game, it was Tyrell Williams, the usually worthless Travis Benjamin, & Mike Williams - the latter personally accounted for 20 points, catching 2 touchdown passes, running for 1 and receiving the game winning 2 point conversion.

Yes, I was referring to the Chargers' receivers in general, not that particular game.  But good point that Rivers can have a phenomenal game even without a WR like Keenan Allen.  

37 minutes ago, Bolts2Colts said:

Yes, I was referring to the Chargers' receivers in general, not that particular game.  But good point that Rivers can have a phenomenal game even without a WR like Keenan Allen.  

He certainly can – I remember late in the 2014 season when he won in overtime at San Francisco, and Dontrelle Inman (in his rookie season) played a big role with 7 catches for 79 yards, to include 4 catches for 38 yards in one late 4th Quarter touchdown drive.

I recall another comeback win at Kansas City in November of the prior season when Philip hit Seyi Ajirotutu for the game winning TD pass with :31 remaining.

Archived