Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts and Steelers 2005 Divisional

MPStack

4 minutes ago, Superfly said:

If, Nick Harper had of broke right instead of left, does he score?

I thought he would’ve. 

Needless to say, I wasn’t right for a week after that game. The best team didn’t make it to the SB.

Yeah why bring this up now?

Perhaps the most painful playoff loss of the Manning era.  2005 should have been a Super Bowl for the Colts.  We were a better team than Pittsburgh.  After 2005, I questioned if Peyton and the Colts would ever break through for a Lombardi.  At least we cashed in the following season.  Made finally winning it all that much sweeter.  

4 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Perhaps the most painful playoff loss of the Manning era.  2005 should have been a Super Bowl for the Colts.  We were a better team than Pittsburgh.  After 2005, I questioned if Peyton and the Colts would ever break through for a Lombardi.  At least we cashed in the following season.  Made finally winning it all that much sweeter.  

After looking back I think the Steelers and the Colts just switched years in the super bowl.

We had a better team in 2006 than the Steelers but I think they had a better team in 2007 than we did.  

On 5/24/2020 at 1:44 AM, crazycolt1 said:

After looking back I think the Steelers and the Colts just switched years in the super bowl.

We had a better team in 2006 than the Steelers but I think they had a better team in 2007 than we did.  

I might be wrong but I don't remember Pittsburgh making the playoffs the year the Colts won the Super Bowl.  I remember San Diego having the best record in the AFC that year and New England upsetting them in the Divisional Round to face the Colts in the AFC Championship Game.  I recall the Colts going though Kansas City, Baltimore and New England to reach the Super Bowl.  

6 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

I might be wrong but I don't remember Pittsburgh making the playoffs the year the Colts won the Super Bowl.  I remember San Diego having the best record in the AFC that year and New England upsetting them in the Divisional Round to face the Colts in the AFC Championship Game.  I recall the Colts going though Kansas City, Baltimore and New England to reach the Super Bowl.  

The Steelers went 10-6 with losses to the Cards, Broncos, Jets in overtime, Patriots, Jags and the Ravens. They did play a first place schedule. 

The lost to a 11-5 Jag team that was hot at the time who had lost only two games in their last 8 games. 

On 5/22/2020 at 10:42 PM, Superfly said:

If, Nick Harper had of broke right instead of left, does he score?

I thought he would’ve. 

Needless to say, I wasn’t right for a week after that game. The best team didn’t make it to the SB.

That 2005 team was the best Colts team ever, IMO.  I think Dungy's son committing suicide jsut weeks before the playoffs really effected not only the coaching staff but the entire team.

Also, remember, Harper had just been stabbed in the right knee a few days before the game, he may not have he could have cut (for lack of a better word) the other way.

15 hours ago, NannyMcafee said:

Yeah would have won that game had the Colts offense completely laid an egg. I always hated the bye week. 

Yeah I agree. The first  half was awful AND THEN very late in the game manning is trying long passes in the endzone instead of getting it closer to at least make the FG closer. I remember when Vandy attempted  the FG we still had 3 timeouts left! And that kick? I swear it looked like it was attempted with a lopsided knuckle ball or something. The 2nd worst kick I ever seen. Lol

19 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

The Steelers went 10-6 with losses to the Cards, Broncos, Jets in overtime, Patriots, Jags and the Ravens. They did play a first place schedule. 

The lost to a 11-5 Jag team that was hot at the time who had lost only two games in their last 8 games. 

Ok gothca.  So they were a pretty good team that just missed the playoffs the year the Colts won it all?  I think that rings a bell now.  That season  I was probably happy that the Steelers didn't make it since they historically own the Colts.  lol    Things fell right for us in 06-07.

Archived