Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
Luck2Hilton4TD

PFF Ranks the Colts Jonathan Taylor as Having the Best Situation Among All Rookie Running Backs

Recommended Posts

I still think its funny that they love him as a player, love his fit here but they are so stubborn on their take of running backs that they would only still give us a B+ in their draft grade.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/19/2020 at 1:35 PM, twfish said:

I still think its funny that they love him as a player, love his fit here but they are so stubborn on their take of running backs that they would only still give us a B+ in their draft grade.

Maybe the B+ came from the Colts drafting Taylor when they already had a top grade running game? 

There were quit a few fans right here in this forum who blew their lids when Taylor was drafted. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Maybe the B+ came from the Colts drafting Taylor when they already had a top grade running game? 

There were quit a few fans right here in this forum who blew their lids when Taylor was drafted. 

No they said in their grading show that any team who took a RB in like the first 3 rounds the highest grade they would acheive is a B+

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow. Talk about sticking blindly to a rigid philosophy and ignoring the uniqueness of each situation. Were those robots who put that together? Sure doesn't sound like nimble minded and adaptive thinking humans.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, twfish said:

No they said in their grading show that any team who took a RB in like the first 3 rounds the highest grade they would acheive is a B+

That is why there are a lot of fans who don't put a lot of faith in how PFF grades I guess, 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/19/2020 at 1:35 PM, twfish said:

I still think its funny that they love him as a player, love his fit here but they are so stubborn on their take of running backs that they would only still give us a B+ in their draft grade.

people should get over the notion of thinking you dont take running backs high

 

real teams do it every year, 6 in the first two rounds just this year alone 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, aaron11 said:

people should get over the notion of thinking you dont take running backs high

 

real teams do it every year, 6 in the first two rounds just this year alone 

I think they get to hung up on their wins with replacement stat. However the thing is, teams with good running backs usually have a really good back up, so if the starter goes down you can plug in another guy and have good production out of them. If you look at our win loss record with mack as a starter and when he is injured its very surprising how one dimensional we are as soon as we lose him. I don't know if i was all on board with taking a RB that early in the second but in every mock i had, i had taking a RB and they weren't near the caliber Taylor is. I am still shocked he was not hyped up more coming out of college

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, aaron11 said:

people should get over the notion of thinking you dont take running backs high

 

real teams do it every year, 6 in the first two rounds just this year alone 

I think that notion only pertains to RBs in the first round.   Especially in the top half of the first round.  Obviously that view is stressed the higher you go.  Top-10?   Top-5?

 

But if you draft a RB in the second round I don’t think there’s an issue.   You can find good value with a RB drafted in the 2nd or 3rd round and I don’t read any objection, anywhere...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not to beat a dead horse... 

 

But Andrew was 1 year away from having a cush job.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think that notion only pertains to RBs in the first round.   Especially in the top half of the first round.  Obviously that view is stressed the higher you go.  Top-10?   Top-5?

 

But if you draft a RB in the second round I don’t think there’s an issue.   You can find good value with a RB drafted in the 2nd or 3rd round and I don’t read any objection, anywhere...

 

there were people on here that thought we took Taylor too high, thats who i was talking about.  i dont know if you go to reddit but there was some of that on there too 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, aaron11 said:

 

there were people on here that thought we took Taylor too high, thats who i was talking about.  i dont know if you go to reddit but there was some of that on there too 

Don’t go to Reddit, and I can’t explain the views of some posters here.  
 

Professional people who judge such things rave about our off-season.   ESPN, NFL.com and PFF all judge our off-season as great.  They all say that Taylor and Pittman and Rivers and Bruckner (among others) landed in the right place — Indy.

 

Has our off-season been perfect?   No.  But it’s been mostly very good.   As a fan, not sure we could ask for much more.  

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Thread of the Week

  • Topics

  • Posts

    • Okay, lets sign Clowney, cut Brissett and trade for Adams?  Do we have enough money to keep Brissett and add these two playmakers?  
    • I don't care what you call it but I call it a FORCE in the middle that was clearly lacking w/o Woods in the lineup!  Did you not wonder what's wrong with Leonard for the first 4 games of the season as his presence was not noticed as much?  Is it a coincidence, Leonard suffered a concussion that had him thinking retirement due to a 3 wk headache?  Why did our D in 2018 grade so high and became respectable but in 2019 they struggled so much?  It's because we didn't have that force in the middle to eat up blockers to allow our LB's to do what they do best!  Why did Tony Dungy come out and say the most important position is the DT and immediately we traded for Buckner?  Maybe Tony reached out to Ballard to give him his thoughts who knows but the moral to the story is a dominant Defense has a Dominant force at the DT position regardless of 1-2-3 tech terminology! 
    • We have enough money to sign Clowney and keep Brissett. Brissett is even off the books after this season.
    • Moose, this is not rocket science to believe this D should be much improved.  Let's just say we didn't add Buckner, the experience the rookies gained last yr and their projected jump in 2020 alone is enough for an improved season.  Bobby O is projected to be a Star, Leonard All Pro, Turay has sack leader potential which is All Pro, Rhodes in this system could be back to All Pro, Rock Ya-Sin ready to break out, Houston already is a force, Hooker with improved pass rush could be Pro Bowl talent, ETC...  It all start upfront with our 13th pick, Deforest Buckner, a former ALL PRO!  Yes, Could, Should, Hopefully but its not an Einstein formula to see we should not only be good but have the potential to be GREAT!
    • Sorry...   but not sure you even realize Al Woods is NOT a 3-tech.   Never has been.   Woods is a Nose Tackle.  That’s not a 3-tech.    It’s a 1-Tech or a 0-Tech.    Buckner is a 3-Tech.   Our Nose Tackle last year was George Stewart.  I believe he graded out OK.  Played mostly running downs.     Hopefully this is some food for thought. 
  • Members

×
×
  • Create New...