Indianapolis Colts
Sign in to follow this  
Luck2Hilton4TD

PFF Ranks the Colts Jonathan Taylor as Having the Best Situation Among All Rookie Running Backs

I still think its funny that they love him as a player, love his fit here but they are so stubborn on their take of running backs that they would only still give us a B+ in their draft grade.

• Like 1

On 5/19/2020 at 1:35 PM, twfish said:

I still think its funny that they love him as a player, love his fit here but they are so stubborn on their take of running backs that they would only still give us a B+ in their draft grade.

Maybe the B+ came from the Colts drafting Taylor when they already had a top grade running game? 

There were quit a few fans right here in this forum who blew their lids when Taylor was drafted. 

5 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Maybe the B+ came from the Colts drafting Taylor when they already had a top grade running game? 

There were quit a few fans right here in this forum who blew their lids when Taylor was drafted. 

No they said in their grading show that any team who took a RB in like the first 3 rounds the highest grade they would acheive is a B+

Wow. Talk about sticking blindly to a rigid philosophy and ignoring the uniqueness of each situation. Were those robots who put that together? Sure doesn't sound like nimble minded and adaptive thinking humans.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, twfish said:

No they said in their grading show that any team who took a RB in like the first 3 rounds the highest grade they would acheive is a B+

That is why there are a lot of fans who don't put a lot of faith in how PFF grades I guess, 

On 5/19/2020 at 1:35 PM, twfish said:

people should get over the notion of thinking you dont take running backs high

real teams do it every year, 6 in the first two rounds just this year alone 

3 hours ago, aaron11 said:

I think they get to hung up on their wins with replacement stat. However the thing is, teams with good running backs usually have a really good back up, so if the starter goes down you can plug in another guy and have good production out of them. If you look at our win loss record with mack as a starter and when he is injured its very surprising how one dimensional we are as soon as we lose him. I don't know if i was all on board with taking a RB that early in the second but in every mock i had, i had taking a RB and they weren't near the caliber Taylor is. I am still shocked he was not hyped up more coming out of college

9 hours ago, aaron11 said:

I think that notion only pertains to RBs in the first round.   Especially in the top half of the first round.  Obviously that view is stressed the higher you go.  Top-10?   Top-5?

But if you draft a RB in the second round I don’t think there’s an issue.   You can find good value with a RB drafted in the 2nd or 3rd round and I don’t read any objection, anywhere...

Not to beat a dead horse... 

But Andrew was 1 year away from having a cush job.

20 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think that notion only pertains to RBs in the first round.   Especially in the top half of the first round.  Obviously that view is stressed the higher you go.  Top-10?   Top-5?

But if you draft a RB in the second round I don’t think there’s an issue.   You can find good value with a RB drafted in the 2nd or 3rd round and I don’t read any objection, anywhere...

there were people on here that thought we took Taylor too high, thats who i was talking about.  i dont know if you go to reddit but there was some of that on there too 

1 hour ago, aaron11 said:

there were people on here that thought we took Taylor too high, thats who i was talking about.  i dont know if you go to reddit but there was some of that on there too 

Don’t go to Reddit, and I can’t explain the views of some posters here.  

Professional people who judge such things rave about our off-season.   ESPN, NFL.com and PFF all judge our off-season as great.  They all say that Taylor and Pittman and Rivers and Bruckner (among others) landed in the right place — Indy.

Has our off-season been perfect?   No.  But it’s been mostly very good.   As a fan, not sure we could ask for much more.  

• Thanks 1