Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Larry Warford cut

Hawkeyecolt

26 minutes ago, Hawkeyecolt said:

The Saints have released a 28 year old 3-time pro bowl RG.  Anyone know of a team with a weak spot at RG protecting a 38-year old statue of a QB?

I have to believe that there will be multiple teams interested in him.  I wonder what the cost will be?

Warford has earned PFF grades of 72 or higher in 6 of his 7 seasons in the NFL. Glowinski‘s best season in 2018 earned him a 70. So Warford should definitely be an upgrade, doubt Ballard will go for it though. I do think he wants the young guys battling it out for the backup spots, so we don‘t lose them from the PS like Barton last year.

17 hours ago, Hawkeyecolt said:

The Saints have released a 28 year old 3-time pro bowl RG.  Anyone know of a team with a weak spot at RG protecting a 38-year old statue of a QB?

I would feel much better about our line with him as an upgrade.

56 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I don’t understand the hate for glow. No one was saying he was bad with Luck. Jacoby holding the ball to long was a major factor last year. We are going to have a very expensive oline. Don’t think we need to make it more expensive.  Especially for a guard.

Yeah because if Quentin Nelson has shown us anything it's that guards don't matter

I met Mr. Warford at the airport in American Samoa a few years ago, waiting for our flight to Hawaii.  Malcom Floyd WR for the Chargers was also there but they were not together.  Anyway, I did get to speak with both of them briefly, very respectful young men, referring to me as Sir, and they said they were in American Samoa to see their mothers.   If we sign him, it would help ensure our OL is a strength, now that our skill positions looks promising.

I was a little familiar with Warford, being a 3rd round draft choice of Detroit, kind of wanting the Colts to draft him at the time.  I did mention Dominic Raiola, the lines OC, knowing he lines up next him at OG, Raiola, being a All-State Center in Hawaii's dominating St. Louis High School, where Tua and Mariota play high school ball as well.  Warford gave a good smile and said he and Dominic were tight.

Floyd had a nice career for an undrafted WR, and is a big WR in the Pittman/Patmon mold.

Interesting his older brother who was also their, with a similar spelled first name Malcolm and Malcom Floyd, the elder being a WR for the Houston Oilers in 90's. 

Archived