Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Are You Serious? Sanu In The 2Nd. Lol

Yup, your post was the straw that broke the camels back flux. This tape proves Sanu at the top of the second is a terrible pick.

I'd rather take Jenkins or Greg Childs in a major reach then this guy or Ashlon Jeffries for that that matter. If you like lazy, half speed routes and lots of mistakes, than I guess Sanu is your guy.

Couldn't tell.

Honestly though I've been saying how much I like the guy for a while now and it shouldn't have been all that much of a shock...but at the same time I see what your saying, a lot of people like to ride the hype train and I'll be the first to admit that I'm guilty of it from time to time but I still stand by my main man Sanu...dude is a beast lol

I understand why he is so high on some people's chart, it's because of it's stats. But the tape tells me, Sanu is the only receiver being thrown too apparently. Plus the only competition he played all year was North Carolina, which incidentally was his best game.

I just wanted to make this thread before they hype train became too unstoppable.

I'd suggest you to do another one of your famous player match-ups to try and derail it but you have already used Kendall Wright, Hill, and Jeffery...oh well.

Well, I do a Mohammed Samu vs Brian Quick vs A.J Jenkins vs Greg Child.

I just watched some Greg Childs tape, there isn't a lot of it, but WHOOOO. Ran a 4.55 at the combine, But his tape says he runs a 4.35 easy. Ran a 4.41 at his Pro day. I like him and Joe Adams in the 4th. Adams, who also looks faster than 4.55 ran a 4.55 at his proday as well and may fall to the 5th. There is SOOOO much talent at Corner and WR this draft, that I think we should go Linebacker or DT or OT.

So far, the Pro day has Chris Givens and Joe Adams falling a Full round.

If you throw a ball at a WR 15 time and he only catches it 6 or 7 of em That's not possession sorry. I can make an impressive Highlight real of my Grandma if you'd like. If you want a reciever than can only run a quick slant and a post that's cool too.

In 2011 Sanu had 115 Receptions for 1,206 yards, 7 TDs. You're right man, he doesn't sound very good at all. lol.

i'm sure I could go make a "downer reel" of some Peyton Manning footage throwing interceptions, but stats don't lie bro. Fortunately, people who scout for a living for NFL teams, see the value in this guy being a late 1st to early 2nd round pick. I don't need to see any videos of your grandma...thanks.

I will preface this that I don't think the Colts should take any WR in the top of 2nd. To me there is not a lot of difference between the WR 3-10.

I understand why he is so high on some people's chart, it's because of it's stats. But the tape tells me, Sanu is the only receiver being thrown too apparently

Umm of course he's the only being thrown to.... it's a Sanu highlight clip. So it highlights Sanu, catching, returning and punting.
Plus the only competition he played all year was North Carolina, which incidentally was his best game.
So he played his best against the best competition. Man there is no room for THAT in the NFL.

I just wanted to make this thread before they hype train became too unstoppable.

Why? What difference does it make to you? Is not like you are the college scouting expert on the forum.

I think Sanu is a good receiver, but I'd take Stephen Hill over him if both were available at the 34th pick. I just think Hill has a great shot of being an amazing receiver if he goes to us, gets coached up, learns a bit from Wayne and having Luck throw to you helps as well.

I dont think he fits with Arians...arians likes speedy guys sanu is not. and we already have the intermediate route guys in wayne and collie what we need is a deep threat.

im all for A.J. Jenkins in the 3rd, tommy streeter in the 4, Quick etc. even owusu...but his concussions are a red flag iMO.

In 2011 Sanu had 115 Receptions for 1,206 yards, 7 TDs. You're right man, he doesn't sound very good at all. lol.

i'm sure I could go make a "downer reel" of some Peyton Manning footage throwing interceptions, but stats don't lie bro. Fortunately, people who scout for a living for NFL teams, see the value in this guy being a late 1st to early 2nd round pick. I don't need to see any videos of your grandma...thanks.

Scouts had Vontez Burfict as a First rounder and I've been saying all year that guy is fat and Slow and will post a slow fourty and will be a 3rd rounder at best.

People will look at Sanu's tape and see that he is slow of the line, his routes are 1 dimensional. He only catches half the balls thrown to him, he often gives up on routes.

Jason White threw 40 TD in season and wen't undrafted. Noel Devine Set WVU records and went undrafted. Stats dont mean nothing, look at the tape and tell me those 2 games aren't terrible.

Talk about overblowing some bad catches. And despite these "drops" he managed to pull off a season with 115 catches for 1,206 yds and 7 touchdowns all while being recognized as the #1 receiving threat and targeted by defenses almost exclusively yet he still pulled off these numbers. I'm not saying we have to pick Sanu in round 2 or even a WR in round 2 but he's not a bad option in that round. The dude can make some crazy athletic catches and for the record he is only .31s behind the fastest runner at the combine.

I think Sanu is a good receiver, but I'd take Stephen Hill over him if both were available at the 34th pick. I just think Hill has a great shot of being an amazing receiver if he goes to us, gets coached up, learns a bit from Wayne and having Luck throw to you helps as well.

i am curious. How does having andrew luck throw to you help. A rookie qb throwi g to a rookie wr. We still dont know what we have in luck. That statement would have been true with our previous qb but not with our new one. Not yet.

As a casual Rutgers fan, I was hoping that the Colts would take Sanu if Wayne left, but at this point it would be a wasted pick. If they take a receiver it would hopefully be a deep threat.

But why you are going out of your way to rip the guy I don't understand. Sanu was THE offensive threat on that team. They graduated a lot of people and won largely with defense. Anything they accomplished on offense was based on Sanu - I don't even remember the QBs name. Any tv highlights of the teams games began and ended with whatever special play he had pulled off that week. I suspect that he will become somebodies favorite safety outlet in the NFL - but not at the top of the second to the Colts with so many other needs.

-----------

And I just watched your video, and I have to point out that it was a review of one lousy RU game, not a Sanu highlight or lowlight reel. In the meantime, what mostly stood out was at least six horrific passes in Sanu's direction. I also saw 3-4 fine individual plays, and one stupid mental mistake on a reverse. I would think that what might be relevant to the NFL would be the fine individual plays. The QB isn't going with him, and five minutes of coaching will fix that one mistake. What is your problem with the guy?

Edited by MAC

i am curious. How does having andrew luck throw to you help. A rookie qb throwi g to a rookie wr. We still dont know what we have in luck. That statement would have been true with our previous qb but not with our new one. Not yet.

I'm pretty sure you, me and everyone else here would take more comfort in Luck throwing to a rookie receiver rather than say Curtis Painter (His connection with the turf though is one of the best in the league).

any opinions on Rueben Randle in the 2nd?

Depends who else is there, but if he was the BPA (a good chance he will be) I'd take him over Fleener. If Stephen Hill was there I'd take Hill over Randle, but if Sanu was there...I'd probably go with Randle...but barely.

Talk about overblowing some bad catches. And despite these "drops" he managed to pull off a season with 115 catches for 1,206 yds and 7 touchdowns all while being recognized as the #1 receiving threat and targeted by defenses almost exclusively yet he still pulled off these numbers. I'm not saying we have to pick Sanu in round 2 or even a WR in round 2 but he's not a bad option in that round. The dude can make some crazy athletic catches and for the record he is only .31s behind the fastest runner at the combine.

Way to make 4.6 sound not that slow buddy.

Way to make 4.6 sound not that slow buddy.

LOL...but you're talking about 4.36 (fastest WR in the combine) to 4.67. Kendall Wright is also a very highly rated (speedy) receiver and he came in at 4.61s.

Not only that, but you're implying that speed is the only way for a receiver to get separation. Not true! Route running is at least as important as speed and may be more important in the long run. We ain't the Raiders!

Sanu.jpg

Just look at these stats. They were just drilling the ball to Sanu. His numbers are inflated. He has less than a 10 yards per catch average and only 7 touchdowns.

How many people you know have over 100 catches and only 7 touchdowns.

This guy is not a 2nd rounder, and definitely not a top of the 2nd.

LOL...but you're talking about 4.36 (fastest WR in the combine) to 4.67. Kendall Wright is also a very highly rated (speedy) receiver and he came in at 4.61s.

Not only that, but you're implying that speed is the only way for a receiver to get separation. Not true! Route running is at least as important as speed and may be more important in the long run. We ain't the Raiders!

Nobody said that. I'm not knocking Sanu 40 speed. I'm knocking his game speed. His game speed is extremely slow. He runs routes very daintily. I"m don't base people on their combine numbers, unless they are so out of shape they stink the combine up.

Anquan Boldin ran a 4.8 but ran crisp routes. Colts can just go to a nba tryout if they want a guy to be tall and shied himself in a slant route.

I dont think he fits with Arians...arians likes speedy guys sanu is not. and we already have the intermediate route guys in wayne and collie what we need is a deep threat.

im all for A.J. Jenkins in the 3rd, tommy streeter in the 4, Quick etc. even owusu...but his concussions are a red flag iMO.

i keep seeing this over and over...just because the steelers drafted "speedy guys" doesn't mean that is all arians is interested in. i'm guessing arians likes talented wide receivers....

I still say bust. They didn't post his 40 times, but it was faster than his combine time, imma find out what it is.

The general consensus from the Rutgers pro-day is receiver Mohamed Sanu made a lot of money for himself today. The junior carried the momentum of improved 40 times this morning into his position workout and a number of scouts said Sanu, "looked really, really good." He caught the ball well, which was no surprise, but also ran crisp routes and practiced as fast as he timed earlier in the day. Could Sanu now squeeze into the late part of round one? Maybe, but if he doesn't he will surely come off the board during the first half dozen picks of the second round.

i keep seeing this over and over...just because the steelers drafted "speedy guys" doesn't mean that is all arians is interested in. i'm guessing arians likes talented wide receivers....

well of course he likes talent not just speed...my point is we already have the intermediate guys in collie and wayne, we lack a deep threat, sanu is not that. besides i dont see us taking him or any wr with our second. we are going CB or DT i think

Sanu.jpg

Just look at these stats. They were just drilling the ball to Sanu. His numbers are inflated. He has less than a 10 yards per catch average and only 7 touchdowns.

How many people you know have over 100 catches and only 7 touchdowns.

This guy is not a 2nd rounder, and definitely not a top of the 2nd.

Look, I'm not saying Sanu is the best pick in the 2nd round...just a possible pick. Also, this is where stats don't tell the whole story. Rutgers had some horrific QB play this last year and the only way they could get the ball to Sanu was to give their QB short passing routes of under 5 yards. This is why his yds/catch is so low...not because he is a bad receiver. He may not be perfect for pick #34 but he's definitely a 2nd rounder...maybe 40's to 50ish.

well of course he likes talent not just speed...my point is we already have the intermediate guys in collie and wayne, we lack a deep threat, sanu is not that. besides i dont see us taking him or any wr with our second. we are going CB or DT i think

imo the team has so many needs most positions are in play. if kendall wright or stephen hill fall to the second i def see the colts taking a hard look, but other than those two i would pass...

LOL...but you're talking about 4.36 (fastest WR in the combine) to 4.67. Kendall Wright is also a very highly rated (speedy) receiver and he came in at 4.61s. Not only that, but you're implying that speed is the only way for a receiver to get separation. Not true! Route running is at least as important as speed and may be more important in the long run. We ain't the Raiders!

Very True ! My question that I would pose to everyone, then, is who is a great route-runner with great speed in this draft?

He's a great possesion receiver and is good all around receiver. I think he's a 1st round talent, but I don't want to take him in teh 2nd. The Colts should take a WR in the 4th round, maybe 3rd. 2nd needs to be spent on a CB.

It looked like Fr33 was getting swarmed there for a while but it has died down a bit. I'd be perfectly fine with Wright as an alternative to Sanu but after Wright's pro day he may have moved himself up back into the 1st. To me, it's looking like it would be a very good idea to try and trade down from 34 to try and pick up an extra 3rd or 4th.

I do agree that perhaps it would be more beneficial to target another position since WR seems to have so much depth...I'm just unsure of where to go if we stay put at #34. I like Vinny Curry, Fletcher Cox, and Whitney Merciluss the most there and could work Curry or Merciluss into a rotation with Freeney and Mathis or Cox in a rotation with Nevis, Redding, and Moala...but I would prefer our second round pick to have more of a roll than just a rotational guy. At OL there is Mike Adams and Kelechi Osemele that I like...Adams is the more talented of the two but I'm not in favor of moving Ijalana to OG so I suppose I'd prefer Osemele if we go OL but he could be seen as a reach. At CB I like Janoris Jenkins but he might not be there and I REALLLLY like Brandon Boykin but he would be a reach. I guess I've been locked in on Sanu for so long I haven't put much thought into alternatives...well other than Curry or Cox.

Corner and WR are deep this year so the position doesn't need to be forced. At corner, if Jenkins are Kirkpatrick are there or if at WR if Hill or Wright are there great. If not, maybe trade down (staying in second) for more picks. Robinson and Boykins will be there mid to late second and Streeter and Givens will be around in the 3rd (maybe 4th). Best player available will work for a team with so many holes