Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Texans Trade Demeco Ryans

GAColtfan

All the Texans get is a 4th round pick out of him. Just wow.. I'd fire the Texans GM.

That surprised me as well. Particularly as bad as Phil needs good LB"s, seems like they could have squeezed them for at least a #2...

no mario, no ryans.... maybe they will be focusing more on their O since they don't have to play Manning 2x a year?

We get their 4th and we swap 3rds, moving 13 spots up in that round.

I'd rather see us taking that extra 2nd round pick they have...along with a 5th.

And yes, this frees up more cap space for us.

It is bittersweet, he was a great leader and taught Cushing a lot. He's a better fit in the 4-3 system, and they obviously have faith in Sharpton, who played well when Demeco was out.

I will now field any questions. LOL.

We get their 4th and we swap 3rds, moving 13 spots up in that round.

I'd rather see us taking that extra 2nd round pick they have...along with a 5th.

And yes, this frees up more cap space for us.

It is bittersweet, he was a great leader and taught Cushing a lot. He's a better fit in the 4-3 system, and they obviously have faith in Sharpton, who played well when Demeco was out.

I will now field any questions. LOL.

Was he just not a good fit for the 3-4? I know he had kind of a large cap #, but seems like you would make room for a guy like that....

Was he just not a good fit for the 3-4? I know he had kind of a large cap #, but seems like you would make room for a guy like that....

The consensus is he wasn't fitting well, and he was slowed due to his injury. I guess the FO figured he was being payed too much for not even being on the field for 3 consecutive plays.

Texans made a stupid move. He's the leader of that defense, and everyone loves him. He's a tackling machine, who's fast and a great all around LB. Not smart to get rid of him. Now the Eagles have their LB and their leader. I dont know if his contract was big, but either way, the Texans lost a great player.

Texans made a stupid move. He's the leader of that defense, and everyone loves him. He's a tackling machine, who's fast and a great all around LB. Not smart to get rid of him. Now the Eagles have their LB and their leader. I dont know if his contract was big, but either way, the Texans lost a great player.

Right, never played more than 3 downs in a row, 64 tackles last year, slowed due to Achilles...frees up cap space to re-sign guys like Cushing next year. But you're right though. We're just stupid.

Why don't you actually read my previous posts before commenting?