Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Niners open to dealing both 13th and 31st pick

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Actually, they don't have picks in rounds 2-4. Getting a 4th round pick helps just as well and they probably still get their player they wanted at 31 at 34. Not sure why it specifically has to be a 2nd and 3rd.

Not if they can find a GM that would come off a 2nd or 3rd round pick. 

I am pretty sure that is what Lynch has his sights on. He will find a GM somewhere who would be willing to leapfrog into either one of their round 1 picks. 

And why would Ballard give up a pick to move up 3 spots? He is looking for more picks, not less. 

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

I am pretty sure that is what Lynch has his sights on. He will find a GM somewhere who would be willing to leapfrog into either one of their round 1 picks. 

And why would Ballard give up a pick to move up 3 spots? He is looking for more picks, not less. 

Maybe, maybe not on the 49ers.

As far as Ballard trading up, this would be the exception. By trading up into the 1st round, the player you draft gains a 5th year-option. If we draft Love, that option is invaluable for both learning the ropes, and having an extra year before paying him if he hits down the road. Even if Ballard loves someone like Mims or Kmet, the 5th year option is great.

The second, obvious reason, is you ensure you get your guy.

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Maybe, maybe not on the 49ers.

As far as Ballard trading up, this would be the exception. By trading up into the 1st round, the player you draft gains a 5th year-option. If we draft Love, that option is invaluable for both learning the ropes, and having an extra year before paying him if he hits down the road. Even if Ballard loves someone like Mims or Kmet, the 5th year option is great.

The second, obvious reason, is you ensure you get your guy.

Sorry Jared, you might as well forget about Love. If Ballard thought that much of Love he would have not traded his 13th pick away. 

I highly doubt that Ballard has a first round grade on Mims or Kmet. 

This is all hypothetical so it's all good. 

30 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Sorry Jared, you might as well forget about Love. If Ballard thought that much of Love he would have not traded his 13th pick away. 

I highly doubt that Ballard has a first round grade on Mims or Kmet. 

This is all hypothetical so it's all good. 

Just because Ballard wouldn't take Love at 13 does not mean he wouldn't take him at 31/34.  

6 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

This won’t happen but wouldn’t it be funny if we got our 13th pick back.

Considering the two GMs in question have already pulled off the blockbuster of the entire offseason, it's not out of the realm of possibility.

Just now, J@son said:

Just because Ballard wouldn't take Love at 13 does not mean he wouldn't take him at 31/34.  

While that may be true IMO Love will not be there at 31/34. 

As many teams who are looking at any talented QB some GM will grab him before. 

5 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

While that may be true IMO Love will not be there at 31/34. 

As many teams who are looking at any talented QB some GM will grab him before. 

I don't expect love to fall that far either. Only said what I did for the purpose of the hypothetical 'what if he did' . :)

3 minutes ago, J@son said:

I don't expect love to fall that far either. Only said what I did for the purpose of the hypothetical 'what if he did' . :)

That's right, it's all good.

If there is one thing I have figured out about the draft is never say never. :D

4 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Colts trade bith seconds for the 13th  then trade next years first for the 33rd. They trade the 33rd for a 1st rounder with the Redskins  or jags for next year  top 10 pick next year

Archived