Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Niners open to dealing both 13th and 31st pick

5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Probably not much.  I wonder what it would cost to move to 13. Probably one of the seconds and next years first. 

I think the 49ers want picks this year... not next year.

That #13 spot should net them 3 additional picks between late-1st and rounds 2-4 should they choose to trade it.

If I were them I’d target Ruggs at #13 and then see what they can get for the #31 pick.

4 minutes ago, 07dleigh said:

Who'd that hypothetical 13th pick be? Henderson? Kinlaw? Interesting to think about. It's funny, a month ago I was "certain" that 13th pick would be QB or WR. Now I'm confident that if we surprisingly did make that move, it'd be neither.

I don’t think we would trade that far back up and give away picks unless it was for a QB. Herbert or Love maybe.

15 minutes ago, pacolts56 said:

I think the 49ers want picks this year... not next year.

That #13 spot should net them 3 additional picks between late-1st and rounds 2-4 should they choose to trade it.

If I were them I’d target Ruggs at #13 and then see what they can get for the #31 pick.

Which they would get in pick number 34. 

Its fun to think about but it’s not happening. 31st could happen if Love fell but not the 13th.  If we did do it though and came out away with Buckner and Love that would be pretty good. We would probably have to give up both seconds though.

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

Picks 34 and 44 would get 13 back. I'd do it for Juedy, or if Tua fell to 13 honestly.

I wouldn’t trade picks for a WR or a injury prone QB.

Interesting twist giants have done a lot of homework on Herbert. They have a new coach. Wouldn’t that be something if they dumped Jones already.

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

I wouldn’t trade picks for a WR or a injury prone QB.

Interesting twist giants have done a lot of homework on Herbert. They have a new coach. Wouldn’t that be something if they dumped Jones already.

Jeudy is my favorite WR in the draft, so I would do that, and Tua has elite potential as a QB, injuries or not. Nuff said.

I would be surprised if the Giants went Herbert. I think it's more likely the Redskins take Tua, but that's just me. There will be a lot of surprises in day one of the draft. Only certainty is Burrow IMO.

BR just published an article describing a trade for each team.  For the Colts he has them moving up to 31 with the Niners for our 34th and 4th.  Described it as the most easiest trade to predict happening because of the GM's good relationship and they can see Ballards desire to get back into the 1st.  Also has the Rams trading their 3rd and 4th to the Colts for our 3rd.   

24 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Which they would get in pick number 34. 

Its fun to think about but it’s not happening. 31st could happen if Love fell but not the 13th.  If we did do it though and came out away with Buckner and Love that would be pretty good. We would probably have to give up both seconds though.

It would not take both 2nds to move from 34 to 31 and if they even asked for that, I’d hang up on them and block their number. 

2 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

BR just published an article describing a trade for each team.  For the Colts he has them moving up to 31 with the Niners for our 34th and 4th.  Described it as the most easiest trade to predict happening because of the GM's good relationship and they can see Ballards desire to get back into the 1st.  Also has the Rams trading their 3rd and 4th to the Colts for our 3rd.   

There's only two players I'd trade up to 31 for. Denzel Mims and Jordan Love. Mims to pass the 49ers and Bengals, and Love to get the 5th year option and prevent other teams from taking him at 32 (aka Lamar Jackson).

38 minutes ago, 07dleigh said:

Who'd that hypothetical 13th pick be? Henderson? Kinlaw? Interesting to think about. It's funny, a month ago I was "certain" that 13th pick would be QB or WR. Now I'm confident that if we surprisingly did make that move, it'd be neither.

I believe it would of been Derrick Brown or Javon Kinlaw. Ballard probably figured Brown wouldn't be available and Kinlaw's knee tendinitis posed a serious red flag. He wanted an elite DT, so he pulled the trigger with San Fran for the 13th pick. This was a trade in the works since after the SB, so maybe it took that long to confirm Brown wouldn't fall and he didn't want Kinlaw.

33 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I'd be all for this IF your franchise QB of the future is still sitting there (5th year option). Take best available WR with pick 44 (hopefully Claypool). Then pick up an extra 4th round pick from the rams.... yes please!

49 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Jeudy is my favorite WR in the draft, so I would do that, and Tua has elite potential as a QB, injuries or not. Nuff said.

I would be surprised if the Giants went Herbert. I think it's more likely the Redskins take Tua, but that's just me. There will be a lot of surprises in day one of the draft. Only certainty is Burrow IMO.

You don’t give away picks for someone who was constantly injured in college. Those kind of things usually end up continuing in the NFL.

5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

You don’t give away picks for someone who was constantly injured in college. Those kind of things usually end up continuing in the NFL.

Two 2nds for a potential franchise QB? I'd do that all day long as long as his injuries are cleared. I will admit I don't know what Ballard's opinion is of him though. He could be enamored with him, or Tua could be completely off our board. Probably a moot point anyway as he won't be available when we can trade up for him.

4 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Two 2nds for a potential franchise QB? I'd do that all day long as long as his injuries are cleared. I will admit I don't know what Ballard's opinion is of him though. He could be enamored with him, or Tua could be completely off our board. Probably a moot point anyway as he won't be available when we can trade up for him.

It doesn’t matter how much talent he has if he can’t stay on the field.

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

It doesn’t matter how much talent he has if he can’t stay on the field.

We'll see how much he falls. If a team takes him in the top 10, then I trust he'll be okay. If he falls to the late 1st, then there's probably some concerns about him. We won't know the true extent of it until round 1 is over.

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

We'll see how much he falls. If a team takes him in the top 10, then I trust he'll be okay. If he falls to the late 1st, then there's probably some concerns about him. We won't know the true extent of it until round 1 is over.

I don’t care what other teams do. With the hard turf at LOS and his injury history I would not want him. Unless he fell to the third or something. There is even stuff going around he has had more injuries then just the hip and ankles. Something about the wrist too. He seems very frail.

16 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I definitely don’t think we would trade up for a pick that nobody has really been able to closely examine and work out. If he fell into the 2nd round, yeah, you might take your gamble there. I’d think if teams are willing to risk talent transfer into the nfl from Herbert or Love in the top 10, someone is going to risk his injury history, given his definite talent level, in the first round. I’d think. I wouldn’t be that guy to risk my first pick, nor trade draft capital to get up to get this injury riddled guy. 

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

I don’t care what other teams do. With the hard turf at LOS and his injury history I would not want him. Unless he fell to the third or something. There is even stuff going around he has had more injuries then just the hip and ankles. Something about the wrist too. He seems very frail.

He is definitely injury-prone. Sometimes teams will dictate what other teams do, that is literally the premise of Best Player Available. Players will get passed over for a variety of reasons and end up dropping, and another team will pick them over someone they may have planned for before the draft because the value is there. Happens every draft. 

Someone will take a chance on Tua, early or late in the 1st round. Too much upside as a QB not too. If you don't want him, that's fine. Honestly don't know where he'll go.

2 hours ago, 07dleigh said:

What would be the cost to get to 31? A fourth? Wouldn't be surprised to see that happen this year.

I wouldn't want to give up an early 4th rounder to only move up 3 spots. I would do it for a 5th though if a player Ballard loves doesn't think will be there at 34. 

9 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

I wouldn't want to give up an early 4th rounder to only move up 3 spots. I would do it for a 5th though if a player Ballard loves doesn't think will be there at 34. 

I prefer a 5th to move up 3 spots as well. Maybe 34 and a 4th for 31 and a 6th too.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/04/20/nfl-mock-draft-2020-justin-herbert-tua-tagovailoa-fmia-peter-king/

From Peter King's FMIA today:

I do know one respected team doctor for an NFL team who gave Tagovailoa the once-over at the combine, and I asked him what he thought about Tagovailoa’s propensity for injury while at Alabama—a broken hand, two high-ankle sprains, and a hip dislocation most recently. This is what this doctor—whose team is not in the market for a first-round quarterback—told me Thursday:

“These contact injuries are part of the game. You ask yourself, ‘Is this guy injury-prone, or does he have a bullseye on him because he’s a crucial player on his team?’ I’ve seen a few of the hip dislocations in football, and my experience is that if you lose blood supply to the hip for a long-enough period of time, you’re in trouble. I don’t think that was the case here. As I see it, the effects of the dislocation might show up when he’s 35, but not when he’s 25.”

Colts trade #44 to SF for a 2021 1st rounder.  Our future QB is in the 2021 draft and we acquire more capital to make a move up next year.

Colts fans get to root for a 2020 collapse for SF.  Then, go all out next year moving up for a top tier QB using both #1s and a 2022 #1. I predict there will be three top-tier QBs in 2021 vs. just the one healthy one this year (Burrow). 

21 minutes ago, ponyboy said:

Colts trade #44 to SF for a 2021 1st rounder.  Our future QB is in the 2021 draft and we acquire more capital to make a move up next year.

Colts fans get to root for a 2020 collapse for SF.  Then, go all out next year moving up for a top tier QB using both #1s and a 2022 #1. I predict there will be three top-tier QBs in 2021 vs. just the one healthy one this year (Burrow). 

I think this qualifies as a very bold and adventuresome prediction for sure. 

25 minutes ago, ponyboy said:

I also want to believe that our future guy is in next years draft, freeing up this year to select playmakers. Is next years' QB draft going to be solid? I admittedly don't know anyone other than the top two (who we're not getting) and Ehlinger (ehh).

3 hours ago, BProland85 said:

2 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I prefer a 5th to move up 3 spots as well. Maybe 34 and a 4th for 31 and a 6th too.

Somehow I don't think the 49ers are looking to pick up a 4th or 5th round pick. 

They are looking at 2nd and 3rd round picks. 

IMO this puts the Colts out of the picture. 

4 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Somehow I don't think the 49ers are looking to pick up a 4th or 5th round pick. 

They are looking at 2nd and 3rd round picks. 

IMO this puts the Colts out of the picture. 

34 and a 4th for 31 is a common trade where varients of it are accepted a lot in the draft. They won't ask for a 3rd. They have no 2nd-4th rounders, 34 and 122 would fill two of those needs. That's a fair deal to move up 3 spots.

8 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

34 and a 4th for 31 is a common trade where varients of it are accepted a lot in the draft. They won't ask for a 3rd. They have no 2nd-4th rounders, 34 and 122 would fill two of those needs. That's a fair deal to move up 3 spots.

For us yes but my point is the 49ers are looking to pick up some picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Why would they devalue their pick when it is their trading piece? 

3 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

For us yes but my point is the 49ers are looking to pick up some picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds. Why would they devalue their pick when it is their trading piece? 

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp

They are actually winning the deal slightly. 

Pick 31 (600)

Pick 34 (560)

Pick 122 (50)

49ers 600 < Colts 610

No devaluing here.

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

https://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp

They are actually winning the deal slightly. 

Pick 31 (600)

Pick 34 (560)

Pick 122 (50)

49ers 600 < Colts 610

No devaluing here.

I am not talking about the value chart. I am talking about what the 49ers want and need. They are not looking to trade a few spots, they are wanting round 2 and 3 picks. And to do that I highly doubt they would be interested in a deal like you are presenting. 

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

I am not talking about the value chart. I am talking about what the 49ers want and need. They are not looking to trade a few spots, they are wanting round 2 and 3 picks. And to do that I highly doubt they would be interested in a deal like you are presenting. 

Actually, they don't have picks in rounds 2-4. Getting a 4th round pick helps just as well and they probably still get their player they wanted at 31 at 34. Not sure why it specifically has to be a 2nd and 3rd.

Archived