Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

My Second Mock Draft - 2.0

34. Jalen Reagor WR, TCU - 5'11 but runs a 4.47 40 yard dash. Would be a great addition to bring in with TY and Parris already in the fold.

44. Chase Claypool WR, Notre Dame - Massive frame and replaces Funchess as someone that can go up and get it in the redzone. At this point Hilton, Campbell, Pascal, Reagor and Claypool is a solid WR core with some other nice targets at TE.

75. Johnathan Greenard EDGE, Florida - Really disrupting pass rusher that can replace the loss of Jabaal since it doesn't seem he's coming back. Add this to the group of young guys we already have and we're set here.

122. Solomon Kindley IOL, Georgia - Solid IOL depth pick here so we can have Clark ready to use if needed as a backup OT. 

160. Colby Parkinson TE, Stanford - Big bodied TE who can go up and get it, has excellent hands and would be a very nice number 2 TE to Jack. Ride with him, Jack and Cox and this is a solid TE room.

193. James Lynch IDL, Baylor - Very very underrated disruptive interior lineman who can not only stop the run but get after the QB. Solid depth pick up right here with tons of upside potential.

197. AJ Green CB, Oklahoma State - Long armed CB who could fill in as some very nice depth. Makes some competition in the room among the young guys and has some upside to his game as well.

I don't think we spend a pick on a QB this year due to the fact that there will likely be 5-6 QB's taken in the first round and some guys will get over picked. I also don't think we will go after a OT but would not be surprised if we did end picking an OT. Also really wanted to take a S but I still think we bring in Eric Berry at some point.

Thanks for posting!  Nice job - a lot of realistic targets that fit the system (Claypool,  Lynch, Greenard).  I’m starting to wonder whether this will be a “Stop Messing Around and Fix it” year for the WRs too.  We tried to fix the OL for tears with smart, under-the-radar signings and mid-round picks and it never quite got done, until Ballard said “F it” and snagged us Nelson and Braden Smith.  That did the trick.  He could very well do a similar thing with both seconds and say, “There!  That oughta give us enough talent at WR once and for all!”

16 hours ago, JackColt23 said:

I don't think we spend a pick on a QB this year due to the fact that there will likely be 5-6 QB's taken in the first round and some guys will get over picked. I also don't think we will go after a OT but would not be surprised if we did end picking an OT. Also really wanted to take a S but I still think we bring in Eric Berry at some point.

Not a comment on your overall draft, which I think is pretty good, but just this last paragraph.  Only 1 time in history has there been 6 QBs taken in round 1 and that was 1983 and the 2020 QB class is no where near as good as that QB class, so I don't think we will see 6 QBs drafted this year.  The only time in NFL history that 5 Qbs were drafted in the 1st round was 2018 and quite frankly the 2020 class is no where near as good as the 2018 class.  There are 2 1st round QBs in 2020, Tugs would be if it weren't for the injury, one (Tugs), maybe two will get over drafted, so I see 3 QBs going ion the first round, maybe 4 if a team does like the Ravens and trade back into the first round to grab a QB.

6 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Not a comment on your overall draft, which I think is pretty good, but just this last paragraph.  Only 1 time in history has there been 6 QBs taken in round 1 and that was 1983 and the 2020 QB class is no where near as good as that QB class, so I don't think we will see 6 QBs drafted this year.  The only time in NFL history that 5 Qbs were drafted in the 1st round was 2018 and quite frankly the 2020 class is no where near as good as the 2018 class.  There are 2 1st round QBs in 2020, Tugs would be if it weren't for the injury, one (Tugs), maybe two will get over drafted, so I see 3 QBs going ion the first round, maybe 4 if a team does like the Ravens and trade back into the first round to grab a QB.

Joe Burrow, Tua, Justin Herbert and Jordan Love are all going to go in the first round. I also think a team could potentially reach on Eason. Not saying that's for sure going to happen. I definitely don't think we take a QB though.

14 hours ago, JackColt23 said:

Joe Burrow, Tua, Justin Herbert and Jordan Love are all going to go in the first round. I also think a team could potentially reach on Eason. Not saying that's for sure going to happen. I definitely don't think we take a QB though.

Love will be the reach in the first round.  And there is a good chance Tua does not go in the 1st round.  He's a first round talent but that injury could cause him to fall.

3 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

Love will be the reach in the first round.  And there is a good chance Tua does not go in the 1st round.  He's a first round talent but that injury could cause him to fall.

I agree.  Tua could easily be the player that falls to the second round and the announcers keep talking about how shocked they are.  Aaron Rodgers fell far after being a flip for first overall.    Brett Favre fell to the second because of a car crash injury.  

I don’t agree on Tua 

if Tua is on the board in the 20s the Colts should trade

I don’t see it

Tua is a Drew Brees waiting to happen

Great Leader

Great Fast Release

Supremely accurate

Alabama used him as a running back sometimes..... that will STOP in the pros and help on the injury front

Put him in the pocket and let him lead your team to SB

3 minutes ago, MikeCurtis said:

I don’t agree on Tua 

if Tua is on the board in the 20s the Colts should trade

I do not disagree with this.

I don’t see it

Tua is a Drew Brees waiting to happen

What round was Brees drafted?

Great Leader

Great Fast Release

Supremely accurate

Alabama used him as a running back sometimes..... that will STOP in the pros and help on the injury front

Put him in the pocket and let him lead your team to SB

My draft from the simulator, not bad..

34: R2P2 DL ROSS BLACKLOCK TCU

44: R2P12 RB JONATHAN TAYLOR WISCONSIN

75: R3P11 TE COLE KMET NOTRE DAME

122: R4P16 RB CAM AKERS FLORIDA STATE

160: R5P14 G BEN CLEVELAND GEORGIA

193: R6P14 QB SHEA PATTERSON MICHIGAN

197: R6P18 G DAMIEN LEWIS LSU

I know, 2 running backs and two OG's? Well Cam is a different type of back all together. Lewis looks like a road grader, but he can move to center in a heartbeat..

25 minutes ago, ColtJax said:

I know, 2 running backs and two OG's? Well Cam is a different type of back all together. Lewis looks like a road grader, but he can move to center in a heartbeat..

Not a bad draft at all.  I'm not sure 2 RBs is in the cards but if that is how the board falls then so be it.  The only thing I really don't like is Shea Patterson.  I'm a huge Wolverine fan but I would not touch patterson with a social distancing pole.  He was not a good college QB and he will not be a good NFL QB.

2 hours ago, Coffeedrinker said:

What round was Brees drafted?

Beginning of round 2.....

But that’s not my point....

Tua is a rookie to be that hasn’t proven anything...

Brees and Tua have many similarities in their game

2 hours ago, ColtJax said:

I do think we will draft a RB, but not that early, and not 2 of them

No WR?

No OT?

Shea Patterson will be bagging groceries within 12 months

2 hours ago, ColtJax said:

That would be amazing if we could get Taylor and Kmet where you have them.  I just read where seven tackles are expected to be drafted in the 1st rd.  I dread another project like Clark, UGH.  So best stay away from them and the TEs if we don't get Kmet.  The TE class is very week.  One analyst is predicting no TEs until round three so you hit that one on the head.  Maybe a WR for Akers and I'm good.  

I feel like Campbell can do everything Reagor does and he's faster. He just has to stay on the football field. I would've chose Mims or Higgins at 34. 

I did an updated Mock. 

RD 2 Pick 34 - Tee Higgins WR Clemson (Big body receiver who can go up and get the ball reminds me a lot of AJ Green) 

RD Pick 44 - Jacob Eason  QB Washington (Can sit behind Rivers for a year or two the upside is there and the talent is there) 

RD 3 Pick - 75 Brycen Hopkins TE Purdue (I think Hopkins is the most underrated Tight End in the draft. Everyone is talking about Kmet, both Bryant players, Trautman, and Albert O but nobody is talking about Brycen. The guy is a reception machine.)

RD 4 Pick 122 - Calvin Throckmorton OT/G Oregon (Our RG of the future. Glow is not the long term answer there in my opinion) 

RD 5 Pick 160 - Jr Reed S Georgia (With Hooker being an upcoming free agent Reed will give Ballard some insurance just in case he leaves. A ball hawk safety who has great upside) 

RD 6 Pick 193 - Michael Warren II RB Cincinnati (Reminds me of Mark Ingram mixed with Marshawn Had 1,265 yards rushing and 14 TDs for Cincinnati last season) 

RD 6 Pick 197 - Charlie Heck OT North Carolina - (A developmental OT, who is 6'8, 320, with great upside. Let him sit and develop until AC decides to leave)

No pass rusher for me. I think Ballard is done drafting edge rushers for the time being. Lewis, Turay, and Banogu have to develop and Turay showed signs last season before he got hurt. 

Archived