Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Plan is to keep Brissett.

Thunderbolt

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

lol, wut? 

sure, you've been a regular Kresken.. lol

you've predicted nothing, only rationalizing what has been done. and at the same time, discounting what has been reported....

even a worse answer .    You need to pay attention more to others responses.

I have said that none of the QB's beside Burrow and Tua are worth the 13 pick

I said Love is way over rated

I said they should take a 3 tech at 13 

I said they are keeping JB well before the announcement was made

Weren't you in the trade up for Love camp? 

Didn't everything I stated was the opposite of what you predicted?   

Remember its all recorded on here . :Nuke:

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, WifiGuy said:

even a worse answer .    You need to pay attention more to others responses.

I have said that none of the QB's beside Burrow and Tua are worth the 13 pick

Trading the 13 for Buckner doesn't mean the didn't like Love. Trading Buckner was a no brainer and would have been the right move for any player in the first not named Young or Burrow.

I said Love is way over rated

I guess you've got a crystal ball, have looked into the future, and have seen how Love performs 3 years from now.. geesh... I love how you're crediting yourself for something not proven yet.

I said they should take a 3 tech at 13 

Many of us said a 3T was our biggest need. I've been banging the 3T drum for a long while now, going back to last year. Calling for a 3T at 13 is like calling water wet.

I said they are keeping JB well before the announcement was made

Not a bad bet considering nobody wants to pay a bad contract for poor talent.

Weren't you in the trade up for Love camp? 

No, pretty sure Chloe was the trade up queen. I did say trade 34+44 to get back into the mid/late 1st round though.

Didn't everything I stated was the opposite of what you predicted? 

What exactly did I predict that was wrong?

Remember its all recorded on here . :Nuke:

You're a legend in your own mind. And yes, all is recorded. We know you like weed, as well as liver an onions. I think you've had some this evening... 

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Trading the 13 for Buckner doesn't mean the didn't like Love. Trading Buckner was a no brainer and would have been the right move for any player in the first not named Young or Burrow.

I guess you've got a crystal ball, have looked into the future, and have seen how Love performs 3 years from now.. geesh... I love how you're crediting yourself for something not proven yet.

Many of us said a 3T was our biggest need. I've been banging the 3T drum for a long while now, going back to last year. Calling for a 3T at 13 is like calling water wet.

Not a bad bet considering nobody wants to pay a bad contract for poor talent.

No, pretty sure Chloe was the trade up queen. I did say trade 34+44 to get back into the mid/late 1st round though.

What exactly did I predict that was wrong?

You're a legend in your own mind. And yes, all is recorded. We know you like weed, as well as liver an onions. I think you've had some this evening... 

Well first of all Who doens't like weed and liver and onions?  Thanks for spending time looking back through my posts BTW

Are you seriously going to say you valued 3 Tech over QB at 13?   I'll go look if I have to but I'm getting ready to roll one so Might take a minute.

As far as Love I watched and read a lot about him.  Not a 1st round talent in my mind. You kept bringing up the Mahomes combine comparison. Did you not?

Not MANY said 3 tech with the 13th .  While you said biggest need you said we had to take a QB because of the position.  Am I correct?

JB is not poor talent for a backup QB   to say otherwise is freakin stupid 

Chloe will need a rubber room once the draft is over 

Trust me dude you bring this back at me when it's all said and done I will deserve it and will say YEP you were right , but so far I haven't seen anywhere you were right before the fact.

Others on here I could bust chops on but I think your a pretty   good poster, Just mislead sometimes.   

All is good brother . 

Just be glad your not Chloe .  she gets the most heat from me and she's my kinda my neighbor.

S

5 minutes ago, WifiGuy said:

Well first of all Who doens't like weed and liver and onions?  Thanks for spending time looking back through my posts BTW

I didn't have to look back at some of your comments. I remember a few of them rather well as I was part of those dialogs.

Are you seriously going to say you valued 3 Tech over QB at 13?   I'll go look if I have to but I'm getting ready to roll one so Might take a minute.

Feel free to look back as far as you want to go

Last year I was very critical of Ballard for not going 3T early

This year, my ideal outcome was have Carr/Rivers+Love+Kinlaw/Gallimore

Early on my pre-combine mocks were Kinlaw early and Love at 34.

Post combine was Love at 13 and Gallimore at 34

In the flash mock we did, I did a bunch of trades and ended up with Kinlaw, Carr, and I think Claypool.

I don't recall ever being pro-trade up for Love unless it was 34+45 to get back into the 1st and grab him.

I'm on record for saying Buckner was a no-brainer at 13, and better than anyone in the first except possibly Young and Burrow.

As far as Love I watched and read a lot about him.  Not a 1st round talent in my mind. You kept bringing up the Mahomes combine comparison. Did you not?

I compared Mahomes's draft projections where they questioned his decision making, said he was a system QB, and said he was a late 1st to 2nd round QB. Nobody though Mahomes would be Mahomes.... 

Not MANY said 3 tech with the 13th .  While you said biggest need you said we had to take a QB because of the position.  Am I correct?

I think QB upgrade is our biggest need on O as it was by far the worst performing and worst ranked unit. See above as to the timeline.

JB is not poor talent for a backup QB   to say otherwise is freakin stupid 

JB is a good backup, but not for the price we are paying. It's horrible value.

Trust me dude you bring this back at me when it's all said and done I will deserve it and will say YEP you were right , but so far I haven't seen anywhere you were right before the fact.

Wanting a DT at 13 is not predicting Buckner lol. And it doesn't equate to Ballard not liking Love. All it means is that Buckner is a no brainer for the 13th, which I'm on record saying too. I still wouldn't be shocked if Love dropped to 34 and we ended up with him. Surprised, but not shocked. That's what I wanted pre combine before his stock jumped.

32 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I didn't have to look back at some of your comments. I remember a few of them rather well as I was part of those dialogs.

Feel free to look back as far as you want to go

Last year I was very critical of Ballard for not going 3T early

This year, my ideal outcome was have Carr/Rivers+Love+Kinlaw/Gallimore

Early on my pre-combine mocks were Kinlaw early and Love at 34.

Post combine was Love at 13 and Gallimore at 34

In the flash mock we did, I did a bunch of trades and ended up with Kinlaw, Carr, and I think Claypool.

I don't recall ever being pro-trade up for Love unless it was 34+45 to get back into the 1st and grab him.

I'm on record for saying Buckner was a no-brainer at 13, and better than anyone in the first except possibly Young and Burrow.

I compared Mahomes's draft projections where they questioned his decision making, said he was a system QB, and said he was a late 1st to 2nd round QB. Nobody though Mahomes would be Mahomes.... 

I think QB upgrade is our biggest need on O as it was by far the worst performing and worst ranked unit. See above as to the timeline.

JB is a good backup, but not for the price we are paying. It's horrible value.

Wanting a DT at 13 is not predicting Buckner lol. And it doesn't equate to Ballard not liking Love. All it means is that Buckner is a no brainer for the 13th, which I'm on record saying too. I still wouldn't be shocked if Love dropped to 34 and we ended up with him. Surprised, but not shocked. That's what I wanted pre combine before his stock jumped.

I didnt predict Bucker.  I was shocked.  But it reiterated the 3 tech as the biggest need NOT QB since they had Rivers in their sites  . Agree?

Do yourself a favor   Turn on the talking heads . Go back and listen to what Ballard says and then make your opinions.

1 minute ago, WifiGuy said:

I didnt predict Bucker.  I was shocked.  But it reiterated the 3 tech as the biggest need NOT QB since they had Rivers in their sites  . Agree?

Rivers was not a given at that point. I was more than happy with Buckner at 13. Check out his thread. I was over the moon.

1 minute ago, WifiGuy said:

Do yourself a favor   Turn on the talking heads . Go back and listen to what Ballard says and then make your opinions.

I've listened to all of Ballard's pressers and interviews. I don't hang on every word he says and act as if he's spilling ancient wisdom. 

18 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Posted September 2, 2019
So basically a raise, and one year extension. Not an overwhelming commitment or statement of confidence IMO.

Hoyer's deal is pretty team friendly deal too. With our cap space, easy to keep, or easy to cut down the road if need be.

From this thread .  Might do you all some good to go back and read your responses 

13 minutes ago, WifiGuy said:

From this thread .  Might do you all some good to go back and read your responses 

Like I said, given the cap space, it was not a big deal at the time, and a cut could cure it. Now we're paying 40+M for QBs... 

Not to take away from the back and forth for a page of who said what.....

But.... 

Plans are known to CHANGE...

I would hope that the full evaluation of JB is nearing completion

At the beginning of last year, the praise for JB was very high from the FO.......

I shared in this euphoria...... that plane soon crashed...... :(

I am in a minority, probably, that says, once you KNOW that a QB is not a starter, or is on a trajectory to be a starter, you find a way to move on.

We have Rivers.... he is our starter..... not my first choice, but..... he is the starter

With JB, you 99% know what you have.........  A great locker room guy, who doesnt have the skills to consistently put the Colts in the Playoffs......

Rivers is Old.... He s NOT the long term answer.... But he fills a spot for at least this year

JB is also NOT the long term answer

CK is PROBABLY .... NOT the long term answer......  But that card really hasnt been played... there is a small chance.

Rookie QB in round 3 or 4 ..... is PROBABLY NOT the long term answer...... but there is a chance

I would rather have a backup with potential, that might lose a game, than a backup with no potential.

Said again..... I would cut or trade JB,  draft a QB, and have CK and rookie compete for backup spot...... If CK flames out in camp, or cant beat out the rookie.... you cut the cord on the CK experiment

Thats my story and I am sticking to it

25 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Like I said, given the cap space, it was not a big deal at the time, and a cut could cure it. Now we're paying 40+M for QBs... 

Ahhhh . so no other team has paid 40+ m for their QB situation?    Before I post where would you guess the Colts rank as far as total investment in the QB position compared to other team.  

Hell . I'll wait and let you do research. Even go back a couple of yrs if you want.  

24 minutes ago, WifiGuy said:

Ahhhh . so no other team has paid 40+ m for their QB situation?    Before I post where would you guess the Colts rank as far as total investment in the QB position compared to other team.  

Hell . I'll wait and let you do research. Even go back a couple of yrs if you want.  

It's an easy find on OTC.

We're paying 47.1M this year. 

That's more than any team ever.......

Safe to say, this is not a stat you want to rank #1 in....

2019 - Lions 31.9M

2018 - 49ers - 38.2M

2017 - Phins - 33M

2016 - Falcons - 25.6M

2015 - Saints - 25.4M

2014 - Steelers - 21.3M

2013 - Giants - 22M

https://overthecap.com/positional-spending/

6 hours ago, CanuckColt said:

I have been a Colts fan since the days of Unitas, Berry, Moore.

I just cannot stand this clown JB in a Colts uniform...he even has #7 which should be retired for Bert Jones and never given to a putz like Brissett.

So let me get this straight. 

You hate Brissett more than you are a Colt fan? 

To the point of pure grumpiness ? 

Sorry, call um as I see um. 

2 hours ago, EastStreet said:

It's an easy find on OTC.

We're paying 47.1M this year. 

That's more than any team ever.......

Safe to say, this is not a stat you want to rank #1 in....

2019 - Lions 31.9M

2018 - 49ers - 38.2M

2017 - Phins - 33M

2016 - Falcons - 25.6M

2015 - Saints - 25.4M

2014 - Steelers - 21.3M

2013 - Giants - 22M

https://overthecap.com/positional-spending/

OK, now what? 

Ballard knows all this. Now it's time to let things work out. 

I feel that way because I trust Ballard. You can never figure him out so who try? 

We still have the draft, the 90 man roster, training camp (whenever that starts) and pre season. 

It will work itself out. 

12 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

But.... 

At the beginning of last year, the praise for JB was very high from the FO.......

I am in a minority, probably, that says, once you KNOW that a QB is not a starter, or is on a trajectory to be a starter, you find a way to move on.

We have Rivers.... he is our starter..... not my first choice, but..... he is the starter

With JB, you 99% know what you have.........  A great locker room guy, who doesnt have the skills to consistently put the Colts in the Playoffs......

Rivers is Old.... He s NOT the long term answer.... But he fills a spot for at least this year

CK is PROBABLY .... NOT the long term answer......  But that card really hasnt been played... there is a small chance.

Rookie QB in round 3 or 4 ..... is PROBABLY NOT the long term answer...... but there is a chance

I would rather have a backup with potential, that might lose a game, than a backup with no potential.

Said again..... I would cut or trade JB,  draft a QB, and have CK and rookie compete for backup spot...... If CK flames out in camp, or cant beat out the rookie.... you cut the cord on the CK experiment

This is the way...

On 3/23/2020 at 5:05 PM, GoColts8818 said:

I can even if I don’t like it.  The Colts need a backup so this tells me the following:

1.  They don’t believe in Kelly

2.  They don’t think any of the QBs out there are an upgrade over Brissett

3.  They don’t like any of the QBs in this draft class

The Colts are always looking to improve at every position (at least that was CBS comment early on.

What if your 2nd and 3rd points are true? I could still see them letting JB and CK battle it out and make a decision, prior to 2020.

Obviously, JB won the backup over Kelly last year but if the gap has closed, it wouldn’t surprise me if they rolled with Rivers and Kelly.

I can even if I don’t like it.  The Colts need a backup so this tells me the following:

The Colts are always looking to improve at every position (at least that was CBS comment early on.

What if your 2nd and 3rd points are true? I could still see them letting JB and CK battle it out and make a decision, prior to 2020.

Obviously, JB won the backup over Kelly last year but if the gap has closed, it wouldn’t surprise me if they rolled with Rivers and Kelly.

9 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

OK, now what? 

Ballard knows all this. Now it's time to let things work out. 

I feel that way because I trust Ballard. You can never figure him out so who try? 

We still have the draft, the 90 man roster, training camp (whenever that starts) and pre season. 

It will work itself out. 

Learn from it, as it's about the only thing you can do now.

9 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Learn from it, as it's about the only thing you can do now.

I have sat through 46 Colts drafts. My first one was 1973 so I have a little knowledge.

You speak of learning? The one thing I have learned is fans are not as informed as GMs.

They don't have a whole crew who works year round. 

That is why the draft don't go down like most fans think. 

Just now, crazycolt1 said:

I have sat through 46 Colts drafts. My first one was 1973 so I have a little knowledge.

You speak of learning? The one thing I have learned is fans are not as informed as GMs.

They don't have a whole crew who works year round. 

That is why the draft don't go down like most fans think. 

I'm not a young pup, and have been closely tuned in since the move to Indy.

And yes, learning. GMs make mistakes all the time, and Ballard is in his first gig as a GM. It's not like he has some long and unquestionable history. I like him, and I'm confident he'll learn from his mistakes. 

3 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

I'm not a young pup, and have been closely tuned in since the move to Indy.

And yes, learning. GMs make mistakes all the time, and Ballard is in his first gig as a GM. It's not like he has some long and unquestionable history. I like him, and I'm confident he'll learn from his mistakes. 

Yes all GMs make what you call mistakes but that is not known till after the fact. Hind sight is amazing like that.  Sometimes the crystal ball has a small hair line fracture but sometimes they are busted wide open. :dunno:  :D

9 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Yes all GMs make what you call mistakes but that is not known till after the fact. Hind sight is amazing like that.  Sometimes the crystal ball has a small hair line fracture but sometimes they are busted wide open. :dunno:  :D

It's really not about making mistakes. It's limiting them, learning from them, and how you react to them. 

13 hours ago, MikeCurtis said:

But.... 

That is the most logical approach (the ONLY approach IMO)...for the position the Colts are in. Unfortunately, I think trading that roster bonus is no longer a possibility...which is a shame...because they could probably just swap JB for Clowney with little impact on the cap. Even if I had to give up a late pick or pick swap...I would have done it.

Archived