Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Really good Herbert breakdown

I've mentioned on here that I'm an Oregon season ticket holder. Herbert the person is great, as a player there has been frustration at times and inside the Oregon community there are two groups - those who blame the system and those who blame him. It's pretty evenly split. 

Great breakdown here with positives and negatives from JT O'SULLIVAN 

1 hour ago, wig said:

I've mentioned on here that I'm an Oregon season ticket holder. Herbert the person is great, as a player there has been frustration at times and inside the Oregon community there are two groups - those who blame the system and those who blame him. It's pretty evenly split. 

Oh man.  His videos are a treasure trove for me.  Looking at Eason now but here is a link to his channel:

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UCGfxHp2yuimtLsFaq1r7aIQ/videos

1 hour ago, wig said:

I'm trying to talk myself into Herbert as Love has been rising on boards and Herbert has dropped. As of now, there's a decent chance he'll fall to 13 IMO. Will watch the video.

Definitely has some skills to work with. He has some elite awareness which most great QB’s possess. Always seems to have eyes down field even when moving. He does tend to go through his reads rather quick, but wrs weren’t getting much separation imo. I wouldn’t mind him at 13. 

6 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I'm trying to talk myself into Herbert as Love has been rising on boards and Herbert has dropped. As of now, there's a decent chance he'll fall to 13 IMO. Will watch the video.

Wrong. Execs say that Herbert is rising.  I don't go by McShay and Kiper.

8 hours ago, boo2202 said:

Definitely has some skills to work with. He has some elite awareness which most great QB’s possess. Always seems to have eyes down field even when moving. He does tend to go through his reads rather quick, but wrs weren’t getting much separation imo. I wouldn’t mind him at 13. 

People don't realize how bad his receivers were.  Dillon Mitchell was a 1,200 yard guy in 18 and is struggling to make a roster. He had an AA TE last year for the first third of games but got hurt.  Juwan Johnson was hurt a good chunk of the season and might make a roster. Johnny Johnson stepped up but isn't beating good coverage. 

3 hours ago, John Hammonds said:

That ball-flip habit may be difficult to do when you're under center, rather in 100% shotgun.

Not saying he should or shouldn't clean it up, but if he's doing it during his drop it doesn't matter where the snap comes from

2 hours ago, LockeDown said:

Some sports personality said you won’t see any of his teammates in the draft. I don’t know how true that is. Might be some in the lower rounds. 

While his roster wasn't close to what the Tuas and Burrows of the world had at their disposal, he had a very good OLine with a LT who is viewed by many as the LT version of Nelson coming into the league next year. A couple of his other teammates in the OL likely will get drafted too. Juwan Johnson is not my favorite either but there is a chance someone sees him as a worthy WR to TE conversion project. His RB might get drafted too next year.

7 hours ago, stitches said:

While his roster wasn't close to what the Tuas and Burrows of the world had at their disposal, he had a very good OLine with a LT who is viewed by many as the LT version of Nelson coming into the league next year. A couple of his other teammates in the OL likely will get drafted too. Juwan Johnson is not my favorite either but there is a chance someone sees him as a worthy WR to TE conversion project. His RB might get drafted too next year.

Best O line in the country. Sewell is a top 5 pick next year. Don't be surprised if he's the first non QB taken. 

17 hours ago, Moosejawcolt said:

Wrong. Execs say that Herbert is rising.  I don't go by McShay and Kiper.

People are all over the place.  It's impossible to know.  McShay said he spoke to GMs at the Senior Bowl who have Herbert above Burrow.  He then later said most GMs have Love above Herbert.  Who knows.

I saw a lot great things on this breakdown.

- Terrific pocket awareness

- Can make throws under pressure

- Excellent job throwing players open

- Makes the players around him better

- Elusive in the pocket and can run

- Can make plays outside the pocket

I also saw some bad

- Misread a few open receivers

- Needs to settle down his feet

- Needs to understand where everyone is on the field.

After watching Herbert he is better than I thought. A little quick with his reads, saw some guys open early in the game, but he played it safe. May be by team design, don't know but hes good with his eyes and his arm strength is better than I thought. If the Colts took him would be OK with it. Don't want to move up to get him though. If there at 13 I would be good with it.

Archived