Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chris Jones DT

On 2/20/2020 at 8:43 PM, CR91 said:

The chiefs can just tag him for 15 mil which is much less then what he'd get on the market. He's not going anywhere

Even to do that they'll need to shed/move money and then they only get a season out of him since they'll have less cap space. Is 1 season of Jones worth a 1st or 2nd or whatever is offered is the real question.

7 hours ago, ty4atd said:

Even to do that they'll need to shed/move money and then they only get a season out of him since they'll have less cap space. Is 1 season of Jones worth a 1st or 2nd or whatever is offered is the real question.

For another championship run, yea

On 2/24/2020 at 11:16 AM, CR91 said:

For another championship run, yea

If they do make that move based on the predicted cap they'll have less than 2 million in space to resign anyone or bring in FAs, they'll have to sher a bunch of money to keep him.

4 minutes ago, ty4atd said:

If they do make that move based on the predicted cap they'll have less than 2 million in space to resign anyone or bring in FAs, they'll have to sher a bunch of money to keep him.

They'll need to make so moves yes, but Chris Jones is their best player on defense. Their not gonna let him walk easily.

I agree with those who say KC will figure out how to keep Jones. He's outstanding. You find a way to make it work. With the new CBA around the corner, the cap will be going up. Jones will almost certainly stay a Chief. Unfortunately. Because he'd sure look good in Indy. 

I could see him leaving and I could see him walking about 50-50.  The Chiefs aren't exactly immune to letting young talent walk out the door.  However, his kind of talent may be too good to let go and I would expect they will explore all options before putting him on the trade block.  Letting Sammy Watkins and his albatross of a contract would be a good start.  I would bet they would be willing to let a few other players go before losing a talent like Jones.  Then again, look what they have done the last few years and who they have let go.  So you're tellin me there's a chance...….he sure would look good with a horseshoe on his helmet.