Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Houston at Baltimore

The Old Crow

6 hours ago, Qwiz said:

This is gonna be another epic game between these two QBs. I don’t think we’ll be looking at a 42-36 score haha But it’s gonna be a good one and crucial in AFC seeding. 

This should be a highly entertaining game. This is a tough game for us with Houston coming off the bye. We have a brutal schedule. 

1 hour ago, The Old Crow said:

This should be a highly entertaining game. This is a tough game for us with Houston coming off the bye. We have a brutal schedule. 

Yeah we do as well. First you guys, then Colts on a short week, then New England...things are heating up down the stretch. This is where teams show who they really are. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

You guys absolutely destroyed them! Made me feel better on how the Patriots looked lol

It’s a long season. Obviously I love the way the Ravens are playing , but we have more tough games ahead. At LA Rams, SF at home. 

To be totally honest , I have never seen an offense like this in the Ravens era. We’ve been almost exclusively a defensive oriented franchise. I have to go back to the Johnny Unitas/ Bert Jones years of the Baltimore Colts for anything somewhat comparable. Even watching that , I’ve never seen anything like I’ve seen with Lamar. I’m stunned myself . 

Another Patriots break 

The Pats D is legit, the Ravens were the only team really move the ball consistently on them.   Be interesting see if anyone can figure a way to slow down their College style O. (Which isn’t an insult just what it is a triple option, RPO, all things you see in college not the pros) 

23 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

The Pats D is legit, the Ravens were the only team really move the ball consistently on them.   Be interesting see if anyone can figure a way to slow down their College style O. (Which isn’t an insult just what it is a triple option, RPO, all things you see in college not the pros) 

4  Passing Touchdowns, 0 Int’s today. Not  bad for a running back !!!!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JimJaime said:

Less than 300 yards passing.. I’m still more afraid of his legs than his arm.. :) I see a rematch of n the Razor for the AFC Championship. 

He’s not into stats , or passing yards. He does what it takes to win.  The thing you are missing is the Ravens defense is now coming around. Seven sacks today, and let up only seven points to a good Houston team. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Old Crow said:

He’s not into stats , or passing yards. He does what it takes to win.  The thing you are missing is the Ravens defense is now coming around. Seven sacks today, and let up only seven points to a good Houston team. 

Defense looked scary today.. and was it me or did Watson just look well slow?  Great job by your D!  

1 minute ago, JimJaime said:

Defense looked scary today.. and was it me or did Watson just look well slow?  Great job by your D!  

He did look a bit slow today. They had most of their offensive lineman back, and we haven’t had many sacks except for today. One of our top defensive lineman, Michael Pierce was out today, but Decosta picked up two DT’s off the scrap heap, just like he did getting inside linebackers Bynes and Fort. The amazing thing is the defense has gotten better ! I think the key trade was getting Marcus Peters for a 5th round pick , and underperforming linebacker Kenny Young. This gives the Ravens three top press cornerbacks Humpheys , Peters, and Smith. These are top coverage guys allowing Martindale to blitz more. This defensive rebuild on the fly is almost as impressive as what Lamar has done. 
I’m not worried about playing at New England in the AFC Championship. We are 2-2 up there, and could have been 4-0 in the playoffs. The bottom line is this is a young team, and they need to be concerned about stacking wins, winning the division, and just taking it game by game. This is a team just trying to get better each week. 

He did look a bit slow today. They had most of their offensive lineman back, and we haven’t had many sacks except for today. One of our top defensive lineman, Michael Pierce was out today, but Decosta picked up two DT’s off the scrap heap, just like he did getting inside linebackers Bynes and Fort. The amazing thing is the defense has gotten better ! I think the key trade was getting Marcus Peters for a 5th round pick , and underperforming linebacker Kenny Young. This gives the Ravens three top press cornerbacks Humpheys , Peters, and Smith. These are top coverage guys allowing Martindale to blitz more. This defensive rebuild on the fly is almost as impressive as what Lamar has done. 
I’m not worried about playing at New England in the AFC Championship. We are 2-2 up there, and could have been 4-0 in the playoffs. The bottom line is this is a young team, and they need to be concerned about stacking wins, winning the division, and just taking it game by game. This is a team just trying to get better each week. 

Wasn’t meant as an insult saying I expect a rematch at the Razor, or that I thought it was a sure win.  It was meant to say I don’t see any team stopping the other till then is all. (Mind you that can change one injury to Jackson or Brady and well it’s over for either club)

the Ravens future looks bright I feel this is the Pats last chance at glory with Brady at the helm, I have a feeling Stidham takes over next year.  Pats draft O lineman and well if he stinks and the Pats are pitifully bad.. we are in the hunt for the Clemson QB the next draft.    Sounds just like a BB plan lol