Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Let's go Ravens!

Chrisaaron1023

1 minute ago, buffalo34 said:

Ravens do have a date in Buffalo later on this year though, should be a good test for the Bills.

Fun fact: Last Ravens trip to Buffalo was 6 years ago, the Bills somehow upset the defending SB Champs and got 5 or 6 turnovers out of that game I think.

I remember that game. Flacco really stunk. That should be a great game. 

8 minutes ago, teganslaw said:

It would be ironic if Cincinnati wins their first game against Baltimore. I don't expect that to happen, though. I still can't figure out how Cleveland managed to score 40 points against the Ravens. 

You should read this link I posted in a different thread, they cut a lot of dead weight after that Browns game. Eric DeCosta was not messing around. Now that the new pieces are gelling, they get 2 defensive TDs AT SEATTLE and 1 vs New England at home. Plus, they got Marcus Peters for their secondary and are using him well along with star CB Jimmy Smith back from injury. Getting Marquise Brown healthy and back helps too. Getting healthy and gelling at the right time is what it is all about.

Here is the link for you:

https://www.baltimorebeatdown.com/2019/10/22/20925330/unexpected-heroes-fueling-a-defensive-turnaround-for-the-ravens-baltimore

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, teganslaw said:

It would be ironic if Cincinnati wins their first game against Baltimore. I don't expect that to happen, though. I still can't figure out how Cleveland managed to score 40 points against the Ravens. 

DT , run stuffer, Brandon Williams was out that game, and Chubb ran all over us. Jimmy Smith , CB, was still out, and Marcus Peters hadn’t arrived from the Rams. Poor linebackers Williams and Young were jettisoned , and Bynes and Fort brought in to replace them. 
Not to make excuses, but some key guys were out , or hadn’t arrived yet, when the Browns game took place. Still, good win by the Browns, and injuries are part of the game. 

• Like 1

On 11/3/2019 at 11:23 PM, richard pallo said:

Waaaay overrated.   The Pats have been exposed.  Just played a cupcake schedule.  Poor Tommy and his dyed hairdo.  LOL

Lol meanwhile they are an Edelman fumble away from probably winning that game.  Lamar an amazing athlete but he is a mediocre QB.. once teams have a full year of film they will fall flat. UNLESS he gets better at passing.

21 hours ago, JimJaime said:

Lol meanwhile they are an Edelman fumble away from probably winning that game.  Lamar an amazing athlete but he is a mediocre QB.. once teams have a full year of film they will fall flat. UNLESS he gets better at passing.

Lamar was 6-1 last year taking us to a division title when we started 4-5. He’s 6-2 already this year , putting him at 12-3 as a starter. His passing is much improved, and his running ability speaks for itself. He had a better passer rating than Brady in the latest game. The key is he will do whatever it takes to win. We’re going to roll with it. 

• Like 2

On 11/5/2019 at 10:45 PM, JimJaime said:

Lamar 15-17 223 yards, three touchdowns , one running TD, 158.3 passer rating in three quarters. Any questions ? 

• Like 1

I would feel better if it came down to something besides a team sweeping the Pats. Jackson is good and the Ravens are good but still...what I said lol!

Unfortunately the Chiefs aren’t going to do it. I’m not writing them off across the board. They’ll get it back together and make the playoffs but forget Andy Reid winning a tight game.

59 minutes ago, BloodyChamp said:

I would feel better if it came down to something besides a team sweeping the Pats. Jackson is good and the Ravens are good but still...what I said lol!

Unfortunately the Chiefs aren’t going to do it. I’m not writing them off across the board. They’ll get it back together and make the playoffs but forget Andy Reid winning a tight game.

The Ravens swept them twice in 2012 on the way to their Super Bowl win. The Colts did it also with Manning. 

1 hour ago, The Old Crow said:

The Ravens swept them twice in 2012 on the way to their Super Bowl win. The Colts did it also with Manning. 

Out of how many chances though? Obviously it can be done. I think Buffalo has also done it but they’ve already lost to them and the Browns and they’re probably going to make the playoffs.

On 11/10/2019 at 3:05 PM, The Old Crow said:

Lamar 15-17 223 yards, three touchdowns , one running TD, 158.3 passer rating in three quarters. Any questions ? 

If he is forced do that against a good D let’s see how he does. Right now it’s his legs and the style the O plays that throwing Ds off.. and that was against the worst team in the NFL the Bengals.. lol

i think Jackson be a good QB, not elite but good. 

1 hour ago, JimJaime said:

If he is forced do that against a good D let’s see how he does. Right now it’s his legs and the style the O plays that throwing Ds off.. and that was against the worst team in the NFL the Bengals.. lol

i think Jackson be a good QB, not elite but good. 

He just won at Seattle , and New England at home. Won at Pittsburgh earlier. Those are pretty good defenses , right ? 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The Old Crow said:

He just won at Seattle , and New England at home. Won at Pittsburgh earlier. Those are pretty good defenses , right ? 

He used his legs to win right? That was his main ability against both.. hey I could be dead wrong for wouldn’t be the first time! Lol

2 hours ago, JimJaime said:

He used his legs to win right? That was his main ability against both.. hey I could be dead wrong for wouldn’t be the first time! Lol

I thought he used both, but that is his strength. Plus, he’s got three good tight ends, decent receivers , and a good running game. Some things Flacco never had. Put it together with his skills, and it’s a very unpredictable offense. 
I will tell you one thing.  The offense is

much better than watching Flacco 2015-2018. Joe did great early, but the last years, like Denver this year  , were horrible. So however Lamar does it, it’s better than generally what we’ve seen lately in Baltimore. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Lamar is so fun to watch. He might not have a super long career with his style but he is so electric. Hopefully they can beat the Texans Sunday.

I agree he is electrifying unless he is playing your team then your yelling at the TV “JUST TACKLE THE GUY ALREADY!!” Lol

• Like 1

21 hours ago, The Old Crow said:

I thought he used both, but that is his strength. Plus, he’s got three good tight ends, decent receivers , and a good running game. Some things Flacco never had. Put it together with his skills, and it’s a very unpredictable offense. 
I will tell you one thing.  The offense is

much better than watching Flacco 2015-2018. Joe did great early, but the last years, like Denver this year  , were horrible. So however Lamar does it, it’s better than generally what we’ve seen lately in Baltimore. 

I never feared Flacco, I feared ray lewis and that Defense and your RB (whose name escapes me) but Flacco never scared me as a fan like Jackson does.

3 hours ago, JimJaime said:

I never feared Flacco, I feared ray lewis and that Defense and your RB (whose name escapes me) but Flacco never scared me as a fan like Jackson does.

Joe was steady, but never in the same league as Brady and Manning. Like Trent Dilfer, he solidly contributed to winning football in Baltimore. No one knows what the future of the Lamar Jackson era is in Baltimore. However, I can tell you he is a humble and nice young man who only wants to win. Like fellow Louisville alumni Johnny Unitas, he is an understated man who is team oriented. We are not used to high octane offenses at all in Baltimore , since the days of Unitas, Jones, and the old Baltimore Colts.  With the Ravens , it’s been mostly defense, but I enjoyed that also. I’m just enjoying the ride. 

Anybody else have the Chiefs at a possible 8-8? It hasn’t really been Mahome’s fault but I told ya’ll it wasn’t going to be the same! It never is with any quarterback no matter how good they are. The Broncos broke last Sunday so they’ll probably win that game and the  Bears game. I had them at 8-8 until the Broncos broke though.