Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Seattle considering trading Frank Clark

ColtStrong2013

1 hour ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

What would you want Ballard to give up to get this man in Blue?... What would Ballard be comfortable giving up? 

Given that Seattle wants all offers to START with a 1st round pick, and then it's plus, plus, plus from there......   I'm not seeing much (any?) hope we're calling with an offer....

7 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Absolute pass. I was going to suggest our late 2nd straight up. This price is way too high.

I think you offer them #34 and that's it......  maybe add the compensation 4th rounder.  You'd absolutely have to be happy with netting Q. Nelson, Frank Clark (and a big contract) Braden Smith, and Kemoko Turay and Jordan Willis (last 22 from trading jets #52 pick

All for moving from 3 to 6 last year......

Don't know if someone will beat an offer of #34 and second 4th rounder...... but I'd absolutely throw it on the table and see.  Clark is an awesome talent at a near impossible position to fill via trade.... he's 25, produced at a high level, very healthy over his career.... not a big locker room issue.  Those are the guys you hope to draft so you CAN pay them big money to keep....  so I view the big contract as a given, a necessary evil.  The Colts dream of having a DE that is good enough to necessitate a huge contract, here is one, go get him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Shafty138 said:

I think you offer them #34 and that's it......  maybe add the compensation 4th rounder.  You'd absolutely have to be happy with netting Q. Nelson, Frank Clark (and a big contract) Braden Smith, and Kemoko Turay and Jordan Willis (last 22 from trading jets #52 pick

Don't know if someone will beat an offer of #34 and second 4th rounder...... but I'd absolutely throw it on the table and see.  Clark is an awesome talent at a near impossible position to fill via trade.... he's 25, produced at a high level, very healthy over his career.... not a big locker room issue.  Those are the guys you hope to draft so you CAN pay them big money to keep....  so I view the big contract as a given, a necessary evil.  The Colts dream of having a DE that is good enough to necessitate a huge contract, here is one, go get him.

I agree wholeheartedly.  34 is close enough to a 1st and if we have to our comp pick in the 4th.  They need picks and those two should get it done.  What a haul from last years trade and finally a young ER.  The contract is no biggie for us.  Just a cost to upgrading the team.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Given that Seattle wants all offers to START with a 1st round pick, and then it's plus, plus, plus from there......   I'm not seeing much (any?) hope we're calling with an offer....

I guarantee we are calling... It just isn't with a first to start. I'll be shocked if they land a first. But if Ballard were to ever do it, 26 when you pick again 8 spots later isn't the worst thing. He's first round material, and we aren't going to land a pass rusher to equal him in this draft picking that late. 

I'm not for trading early picks if you aren't acquiring, but Ballard has set himself up so nicely in this draft by doing just that, that I think he'll at least entertain the idea... 

2 hours ago, Shafty138 said:

I think you start with the 34, and see what they counter with... They will definitely counter with that nice of a pick dangling in front of them. I cannot imagine we are not hot on this... 

Edit: apparently several teams are with the Raiders reportedly being one. Raiders might come out of this not looking so dumb for trading Mack... 

• Like 1

Clark has to sign his franchise tag before he can be traded.  He would need to do it at least by draft day to have a trade during the draft.  I would think all of the teams interested would be talking with the Seahawks by now and he and his agent know which ones they are.  Maybe there are teams he's not interested in.  I suppose it's possible.  Last year Ballard traded our 3rd. pick well before the draft.  I wonder if he would prefer the same approach with trading for a player.   The Jets and Bills are the two teams I'm hearing about as being interested. They could be trying to trade back and that would give them the opportunity to trade a later 1st. if the wanted too.  If Ballard is really serious about acquiring him he might want to do a trade before any tradebacks occur with the other teams.  All of these current Clark trade reports will make these last days leading up to the draft interesting for Colts fans.  Will Ballard make a move or not?  I can't imagine we are not talking with them.  

9 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Why would the colts want a guy that beat up his girlfriend bad  This would be the same as the colts trading for tyreek hill.

I'm not one to comment much on domestic violence, as some of the closest women in my life have been domestically abused, but this is far from the same thing as trading for Tyreek Hill. Hill has had very recent cases, and is currently under investigation of child abuse to the point where he just lost custody of his child... Frank Clark's issue was when he was in college. I will not condone that kind of action, ever, but I am for second chances and so far in his nfl career, Clark is clean. He had a poor choice of words on twitter towards a reporter hammering him hard on his past, and a half serious apology for those words. I think guys like this in the right environment can do good. Will the Irsay girls allow it? I don't know... if they did, I can imagine they'd be working closely with him on repairing that negative reputation and hammering the importance of domestic violence advocacy. Sometimes the most powerful message comes from past abusers with remorse for their actions... 

Again, not condoning it. But I am all for second chances, under many circumstances. 

I say we forget about Frank Clark entirely.... I simply do not trust his character.... and instead keep an eye on Brian Burns on Draft Day.

If Burns makes it down to the Redskins.... offer them #26, #59 and #135 (4th rd comp) and see if they'll bite. It's an equitable deal.....

http://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp?RequestTeam=ind

6 hours ago, pacolts56 said:

I say we forget about Frank Clark entirely.... I simply do not trust his character.... and instead keep an eye on Brian Burns on Draft Day.

If Burns makes it down to the Redskins.... offer them #26, #59 and #135 (4th rd comp) and see if they'll bite. It's an equitable deal.....

http://www.drafttek.com/NFL-Trade-Value-Chart.asp?RequestTeam=ind

I'm for Burns. I'm not for giving up a 1st 2nd and 4th round pick for him though.... 

2 hours ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

I'm for Burns. I'm not for giving up a 1st 2nd and 4th round pick for him though.... 

I wouldn't bet on it happening.... and Burns may not even last that long.... but that is the ballpark price for a move-up to the Redskins #15 spot.

Knowing we still have the Jets #34 pick and our regular 3rd - 7th round picks still in our pocket.... I'd be perfectly fine with this kind of trade-up for Burns.

14 minutes ago, pacolts56 said:

I wouldn't bet on it happening.... and Burns may not even last that long.... but that is the ballpark price for a move-up to the Redskins #15 spot.

Knowing we still have the Jets #34 pick and our regular 3rd - 7th round picks still in our pocket.... I'd be perfectly fine with this kind of trade-up for Burns.

If they are hot on him and he is high on their board, I'm fine with it. That's a jump that you have to be able to justify to yourself and your scouting department... 

• Like 1

It's not the pick, it's not his character. It's giving up a 1st for a guy with his character AND having to pay a Kings ransom to do it. If he was a great guy and a leader in the locker room that would be a whole different argument..