Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Dexter Lawrence

8 hours ago, rock8591 said:

Dexter Lawrence - most likely Ted Washington, best case Kris Jenkins (without the injuries)

Jerry Tillery - most likely Stephon Tuitt, best case Richard Seymour.

Ted Washington was a wall......  he didnt come forward, He didnt get pushed back

I think Lawrence can penetrate better 

Maybe Kris Jenkins

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MikeCurtis said:

Ted Washington was a wall......  he didnt come forward, He didnt get pushed back

I think Lawrence can penetrate better 

Maybe Kris Jenkins

I keep thinking Vince Wilfork. 

For such a hige guy he was cat like and put out a ton of pressure on the QB. 

I feel like like last year how lots of people underestimated the guard position I see that not with the NT. But if you look at those teams with and without the Casey Hamptons, Tony Sarigoosa, Vince Wilfork, Jamal Williams they went from elite to poop/mediocre quick. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

I feel like like last year how lots of people underestimated the guard position I see that not with the NT. But if you look at those teams with and without the Casey Hamptons, Tony Sarigoosa, Vince Wilfork, Jamal Williams they went from elite to poop/mediocre quick. 

My new phrase is ..... No BOOGER........ NO SUPER BOWL   :)

You know what I mean  :)

• Like 2

Love the final month before the draft... For all we know (And we know nothing...ha) we could get both Wilkins, Lawrenace then the top Safety or CB at 59...Abrams...? 

My my hope is Wilkins (Character and performance) Rapp (Academic all American and Performance) and Top OL , DE WR or CB...

• Like 1

On 3/2/2019 at 10:52 PM, Jdubu said:

Based on the very little I know, I agree with this. Wilkins sounds like what this team needs. But Lawrence would not be a bad fall back guy at all. It would be so awesome if we could see the team boards and how they have them arranged on day one of the draft. I’d say, put them in a vault and then 10 years afterwards, reveal what guys were thinking for historical context. 

That is such an awesome concept. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FalseStart said:

Love the final month before the draft... For all we know (And we know nothing...ha) we could get both Wilkins, Lawrenace then the top Safety or CB at 59...Abrams...? 

My my hope is Wilkins (Character and performance) Rapp (Academic all American and Performance) and Top OL , DE WR or CB...

I too could live with that. Or Wilkins, Lawrence,Rapp then a top WR/OT. Boom!! SB BABY!! Lol 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, NewEra said:

Other than Wilfork, who was unusually athletic for his size, those guys were drafted 20+/- yrs ago. I think there is a reason.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BOTT said:

Other than Wilfork, who was unusually athletic for his size, those guys were drafted 20+/- yrs ago. I think there is a reason.

Danny Shelton amd Veta (sp)? We're both recent 1st round draft picks

30 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

The idea of Lawrence is growing on me. I’ve got more tape to watch but he seems to fit what they want to do in the run game. 

How's his pressure up the middle look? I've read he gets a ton of pressure on the qb and laying big hits just as they release. That can't feel good from his size lol

30 minutes ago, NewEra said:

How's his pressure up the middle look? I've read he gets a ton of pressure on the qb and laying big hits just as they release. That can't feel good from his size lol

Just watched some tape and up the middle he’s a lot to handle. He destroys anyone who tries to block him one-on-one. Erick McCoy is one of the top center prospects in the draft and he had his way with him. He also played Boston College and gave Lindstrom all he could handle. He penetrates very well and will blow up a lot of run plays. He can pass rush but he really just needs to work on his hand usage, because he’s quicker than he looks. And yeah I saw a bunch of QB hits as well.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Watch some game tape

The guy doesnt get many sacks, but he does get pressures, and a few hits on QB

When he hits the QB....... they take an extra moment to get up

He isnt my first choice, but since we rotate ANYWAY........  he could man the downs on 1st and 2nd just fine.  This may make Hunt a bit more successful, so he wont be on the field all day

As he seems to ALWAYS draw the double team, the UT may be better off

Lastly, the guy IS a menace against the run.

If ONE guy blocks him........  he is making a tackle in the backfield

He doesnt just stand like a trash can.......  he gets some penetration

Again.... not my first choice...... But if we got him with 34 (or 26)

Im not crying too much  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Another question I’ve had answered about Lawrence is the PED suspension. He said he really has no idea what it came from. Said it could’ve been something he ate or some type of reaction in his body.

It makes sense though because the same thing happened to Mathis. He took a fertility drug so he and his wife could have more kids and got dinged for it. So that question is answered for me.

Still think he should drop a couple pounds though. He moves well for 342, but imagine how he’d move at 330.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

Another question I’ve had answered about Lawrence is the PED suspension. He said he really has no idea what it came from. Said it could’ve been something he ate or some type of reaction in his body.

It makes sense though because the same thing happened to Mathis. He took a fertility drug so he and his wife could have more kids and got dinged for it. So that question is answered for me.

Still think he should drop a couple pounds though. He moves well for 342, but imagine how he’d move at 330.

Or just trashed some of that gut to more muscle. Once he gets some NFL strength training he should get much stronger. 36 reps at that size isn't impressive. Granted we do train for different reasons so I have to keep that in mind. Plus I've been training for mich longer. But at 205 I can hit 35 reps as a burn out easy.

20 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Or just trashed some of that gut to more muscle. Once he gets some NFL strength training he should get much stronger. 36 reps at that size isn't impressive. Granted we do train for different reasons so I have to keep that in mind. Plus I've been training for mich longer. But at 205 I can hit 35 reps as a burn out easy.

And that’s the scary thing about him. He’s 21. Most analysts say he’s going to get bigger and stronger in the NFL. But you’re right. He needs to convert that bad weight into muscle. In a few years he could be 330 lbs of mostly muscle and be unstoppable.

• Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

And that’s the scary thing about him. He’s 21. Most analysts say he’s going to get bigger and stronger in the NFL. But you’re right. He needs to convert that bad weight into muscle. In a few years he could be 330 lbs of mostly muscle and be unstoppable.

Yeah he's only 21. That's ridiculous!! Once he hits 24-25 look out. I'm all in on the Lawrence bus. The same stuff we're hearing about don't draft this or that is the exact same thing that happened last year with Nelson. You want to build from the line out. You build on a solid foundation. Lawrence can be that. He will make the entire line and defense better. 

• Like 1

I like him a lot but wouldnt take him tbere. Mostly because we were a very good run defending team last year without him. If i took him it would be in round #2. I dont think hes a 3Tech at all. I think hes a very good run stuffing 5 tech, same spot as Grover Stewart. On the flip side if Tillery were there id do it because his primary spot is 3T, but in my opinion hes got the strength and athleticism to play multiple spots on the line. I believe Tillery can 2 gap against the run also. Zierlein noted that quality in his profile as well. His primary function is a 3 Tech though.

28 minutes ago, krunk said:

. I believe Tillery can 2 gap against the run also. Zierlein noted that quality in his profile as well. His primary function is a 3 Tech though.

I think Tillary can do a decent job in the rotation at 1 tech AND 3 tech

It wasnt in the news, but Tillary said he tore a chest muscle in the Stanford game (he had 4 sacks) and wasnt the same after

If you hear him interviewed, he is a VERY intelligent person

Burns is my first choice (He will be LONG gone by 26), Tillary is my 2nd choice for 26, but Lawrence is starting to grow on me

As mentioned, the guy can motor at 342. Take 20 lbs off, and maybe we have the star that we all want at 1 tech

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

I have some ocean front property here in Indiana you might find desirable.

i kid

• Like 2

I have no idea who would be the best pick but from what Ballard has said he wants to build the lines first.  So I will be very surprised if the first couple of picks isn't one of the DL or OL guys.  This draft seems pretty deep in DL.  Whatever the pick, I'm on the Ballard train, and I think it'll be OK.

• Like 1