Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Todd McShay's Top 32 for the 2019 NFL Draft

2 hours ago, Cynjin said:

Interesting that McShay has Murray as his second best QB.  He also has Simmons a lot higher than other rankings I have seen.

I think when it comes to Simmons, Mcshay is the 1st analyst to rank him without weighing the off the field concerns. The tape supports the ranking.

13 minutes ago, Defjamz26 said:

I think when it comes to Simmons, Mcshay is the 1st analyst to rank him without weighing the off the field concerns. The tape supports the ranking.

That could be.  I thought that Simmons should be ranked higher than what the others had said, but I am not really familiar with any of his off the field issues.

2 hours ago, Cynjin said:

That could be.  I thought that Simmons should be ranked higher than what the others had said, but I am not really familiar with any of his off the field issues.

Video of him in high school (his senior year) getting involved in a street fight between one of his family members and another women. In the video you see him throwing a bunch of punches. I’ll post the video 

• Thanks 1

Simmons would be great, or Montez Sweat. With the ridiculous amount of DL talent, and the abundance of teams willing to bite on way-overvalued QBs, surely one will fall to 26? Would allow us to snag a pretty solid WR with our 1st in the 2nd, or even possibly land the CB from Penn State (can't pronounce/spell his name lol). It's gonna be one of the more entertaining offseasons, as a whole, in recent memory. 

A lot of those guys are gonna fall according to basically every mock I've seen. Most mocks have 3-4 QBs going in the first and multiple WRs, that should push one of the DL/OLB prospects down to 26 hopefully. As an avid Irish fan, Jerry Tillery is an absolute animal. He reminds me of Q Nelson in that he just doesn't stop, he has an insane push/motor. Would be a great addition, imo.

8 hours ago, Cynjin said:

Interesting that McShay has Murray as his second best QB.  He also has Simmons a lot higher than other rankings I have seen.

PFF has Simmons pretty high too. Palazzolo just released a mock draft and had him picked in the teens too. The thing with Simmons will be his off-the-field incident. The question is how much weight teams and the league will put on it. Otherwise he's a great prospect on the field. 

BTW... can you guys guess who of the interior linemen in this draft PFF has the highest pass-rush grade for? It's not Quinnen... it's not Oliver... it's not any of the Clemson duo... it's not Simmons... it's actually Jerry Tillery.