Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I just finished watching every single play of Quenton Nelson

SC-Coltsfan

And not one time did his man make a tackle. Not once. I watched the Badly feature on Nelson for the Dallas game and it honestly could have been 10 minutes long to include all the plays he made. It was awesome watching how the Dallas players reacted to him as the game wore on. I'm not going to say they were scared, but there was a huge difference in their willingness to take on Nelson. Especially Vander Esch and Hill in the 4th qtr. They were definitely avoiding as much contact as possible with Nelson.

I'm sure our players read this board :D so I don't want the rest of the OL to feel like they aren't getting recognized because they made some fantastic blocks also. As a matter of fact I might go back and watch the game again and focus on the other guys.

And btw it was fun concentrating on Leonard and watching him on defense also.

Being from SC makes me really proud of him. On a side note can anyone tell me what happened to Skai Moore? He started against Cincy and was taken out of that game and was never mentioned again until I saw he was put on IR few days ago. Did he get out played or did he get hurt in that first game?

I wish they showed more games on our local station down here in SC because I really enjoyed going back and analyzing the plays.

Hopefully they will flex the TN game to Sunday night. Of course WHEN we make the playoffs those games will be on also.

Disclaimer for those that are wondering. I go to a local sports bar to watch our games when we aren't on the local station

• Like 3

Vander Esch wanted no part of Qhop in that game.

I enjoy watching our lines break the will of the 

opposition more than anything.

I would like to have at least one more pan cake happy

O Lineman on the front to totally strike fear in defenses.

A mauler on the defensive line is also on my wish list. Who

would have thought smash mouth football could be so much

fun to watch?

• Like 8

2 hours ago, SC-Coltsfan said:

And not one time did his man make a tackle. Not once. I watched the Badly feature on Nelson for the Dallas game and it honestly could have been 10 minutes long to include all the plays he made. It was awesome watching how the Dallas players reacted to him as the game wore on. I'm not going to say they were scared, but there was a huge difference in their willingness to take on Nelson. Especially Vander Esch and Hill in the 4th qtr. They were definitely avoiding as much contact as possible with Nelson.

I'm sure our players read this board :D so I don't want the rest of the OL to feel like they aren't getting recognized because they made some fantastic blocks also. As a matter of fact I might go back and watch the game again and focus on the other guys.

And btw it was fun concentrating on Leonard and watching him on defense also.

Being from SC makes me really proud of him. On a side note can anyone tell me what happened to Skai Moore? He started against Cincy and was taken out of that game and was never mentioned again until I saw he was put on IR few days ago. Did he get out played or did he get hurt in that first game?

I wish they showed more games on our local station down here in SC because I really enjoyed going back and analyzing the plays.

Hopefully they will flex the TN game to Sunday night. Of course WHEN we make the playoffs those games will be on also.

Disclaimer for those that are wondering. I go to a local sports bar to watch our games when we aren't on the local station

I do this every week.  It sarted early in the season.  For well over a decade, i always have watched our games 2,3, sometimes more times depending on opponent, if we won , if its a "special" game or if a specific offense layer went off.  

This year, after watching game "normally", i have been focusing on OL and especially Q.  I am enjoying it as much as any QB, RB i have watched.  The OP is right, you can see "something" on their faces.  Its a similar look that my nephew gives when he has crapped their pants.  Its just pancake after pancake sometimes.  And you really can see the increased aggression from the rest of our OL.  Defenders kind of look at Q out the side of their helmets walking back to huddle.  They look like they wanna say something to him but dont dare to.  Its hilarious.  Im starting to believe that "best player in the draft" hype.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dodsworth said:

Who would have thought smash mouth football could be so much

fun to watch?

Always has been!  I love it.  Dominating your opponent at the line is the easiest way to cover up for other weaknesses in a team.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

Steeler fans have known this for years. And  It works.

Not a Steelers fan but that is absolutely true.  I enjoy watching (lets say impressed when watching) them dominate teams when they are running on all cylinders.  

Just now, gspdx said:

Always has been!  I love it.  Dominating your opponent at the line is the easiest way to cover up for other weaknesses in a team.  

Absolutely! It has taken decades for the franchise to figure it out

but we are finally heading in the right direction. 

It covers up weaknesses on both offense and defense.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dodsworth said:

Vander Esch wanted no part of Qhop in that game.

I enjoy watching our lines break the will of the 

opposition more than anything.

I would like to have at least one more pan cake happy

O Lineman on the front to totally strike fear in defenses.

A mauler on the defensive line is also on my wish list. Who

would have thought smash mouth football could be so much

fun to watch?

That's "Mr. Nelson" to you. Or you can just call him what Leighton Vander Esch now calls him and refer to him henceforth as "Sir". 

• Like 1