Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Need to trade down multiple times and acquire 2-3 extra day 2 picks

Yoshinator

This game shows how little depth we have, and how many holes we have on the entire team. If I were Ballard, I would be figuring out a way where I can trade down multiple times and acquire 2-3 extra Round 2 and 3 picks to build this team with. I don't care if we have to trade out of the first round, we need multiple players on both sides of the ball, and we can't do it by just having our normal picks each year. Be bold, and attack day 2 of the draft and fix this team by the regular season next year. Luck getting shutout is like me losing to an 8 year old in Madden. Should never happen. Most heartless performance I've ever seen by this team and Andrew Luck. Autry was the only one who cared today.

21 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

This game shows how little depth we have, and how many holes we have on the entire team. If I were Ballard, I would be figuring out a way where I can trade down multiple times and acquire 2-3 extra Round 2 and 3 picks to build this team with. I don't care if we have to trade out of the first round, we need multiple players on both sides of the ball, and we can't do it by just having our normal picks each year. Be bold, and attack day 2 of the draft and fix this team by the regular season next year. Luck getting shutout is like me losing to an 8 year old in Madden. Should never happen. Most heartless performance I've ever seen by this team and Andrew Luck. Autry was the only one who cared today.

Overreact much?

Goodness gracious.     You need to fight your impulse to post like this after a tough loss....    

• Like 1

Just now, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Wow.  I dare you to walk into the locker room and make that pronouncement...  :lol:

Calm down dude.

I actually would tbh. I don't care enough to think about what would happen to me, lol. :) I guess that either makes me a bad *, or the dumbest person on Earth. :lol:

9 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Overreact much?

Goodness gracious.     You need to fight your impulse to post like this after a tough loss....    

I'm under control tbh. I think it being a shutout rubbed me the wrong way. I normally don't get to see Colts games. I saw this one live over a friend's house, and it just shocked me how bad we played. I'll get over it, but our season is probably over now unfortunately with the Ravens, Broncos, and Texans all winning. :( 

This thread is why there should be a ban on creating threads for a couple of hours after the game ends. Massive overreaction.

Show me a team that doesn't have depth issues. Every nfl team does.

This was a tough loss against a team that played their best game all year. We have a top 5 qb, and candidates for GM of the year and Coach of the year. The holy trinity of any franchise are set for the foreseeable future.

Let's just take a breath and remember where we were coming into this season and how far we have come.

I'm going to assume 120+M in cap money will make this team better along with a regular solid draft.

I'm not panicking over today, it's not like people here were thinking we're great. They were doing to lose again this season, I'm just mostly annoyed about nothing working today. Literally nothing.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, IinD said:

I'm going to assume 120+M in cap money will make this team better along with a regular solid draft.

I'm not panicking over today, it's not like people here were thinking we're great. They were doing to lose again this season, I'm just mostly annoyed about nothing working today. Literally nothing.

That's right. There are numerous arguments for spending some of that cap money next year. But of course, there has to be a player available at a position of need, as we know. WR; WR; CB; CB; SS; DT; DE; LB; big RB; OT; backup QB after they trade Brissett. I think that pretty much sums it up. A combo of a good draft and a willingness to spend in FA for the right player(s) will take a big whack out of these needs. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Hoose said:

That's right. There are numerous arguments for spending some of that cap money next year. But of course, there has to be a player available at a position of need, as we know. WR; WR; CB; CB; SS; DT; DE; LB; big RB; OT; backup QB after they trade Brissett. I think that pretty much sums it up. A combo of a good draft and a willingness to spend in FA for the right player(s) will take a big whack out of these needs. 

I also think people think that only the top tier guys in FA make a difference.

No reason we shouldn't be able to fill in some of our voids with that cash even if we haven't thrown big money out the last couple years if Ballard is able to do his job well. For example Ebron type signings mixed in with one or two big ticket guys. 

I think we'll be different this year in signing a big name, big $$ guy.

1 minute ago, IinD said:

I also think people think that only the top tier guys in FA make a difference.

No reason we shouldn't be able to fill in some of our voids with that cash even if we haven't thrown big money out the last couple years if Ballard is able to do his job well. For example Ebron type signings mixed in with one or two big ticket guys. 

I think we'll be different this year in signing a big name, big $$ guy.

The only two guys I really want, and think we need one of, are Landon Collins and Demarcus Lawrence. If either hits FA, pay whatever you need too to sign them. An excellent pass rusher and a great SS to pair with what should be a healthy Hooker next year is not something to pass up on. Sign some smaller players around one of them, and fill the rest with the draft.

• Like 2

Just now, Jared Cisneros said:

The only two guys I really want, and think we need one of, are Landon Collins and Demarcus Lawrence. If either hits FA, pay whatever you need too to sign them. An excellent pass rusher and a great SS to pair with what should be a healthy Hooker next year is not something to pass up on. Sign some smaller players around one of them, and fill the rest with the draft.

Agreed.

Simply 2 guys would make a huge difference. That's why I get annoyed when I read how bad some people think we are.

Add a Freeney and Sanders to this D and it's entirely different. 

Throwing some money at some middle tier CB's would do wonders for us as well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I'm hoping Frank Clark is not tagged, because I see Lawrence and Collins being tagged.

Clark is having another great season and fits the Colts defense.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

I'm under control tbh. I think it being a shutout rubbed me the wrong way. I normally don't get to see Colts games. I saw this one live over a friend's house, and it just shocked me how bad we played. I'll get over it, but our season is probably over now unfortunately with the Ravens, Broncos, and Texans all winning. :( 

Were right in it still, just need the Ravens to lose and we win our games. Won’t be easy, but it’s still possible. Would be disappointed after a 5-0 stretch to only miss the playoffs, but that’s what happens when you start 1-5

4 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Not trying to be rude but saying they didn't care is ridiculous.  They were riding a 5 game winning streak.  They were making noise and poised to make it to the play offs.  They  just played a very angry  D that has not played up to expectations.  The Jags  saw all the hype the  Colts were getting and they responded by physically beating the Colts.  It happens to the best teams.  Can u count how many players on the Jags D that r premier players? Lots.  Their front 4 is ridiculous. They have 2 outstanding line backers. They have 2 elite corners. Can u count how many premier players r on the Colts O? I can name 2 that I like; Nelson and Luck.   I am not as  high on Hilton;  he is not a premier #1 like other people think he is.  He has to many games where he totally disappears.   Just saying.  Now if the Colts O gets hammered by the Texans and Cowboys then I will b worried

53 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Lawrence will never hit free agency.  Elite pass rushers never do.  Dallas will sign him . Giants will franchise Collins.  If the giants were going to let him walk, they would have traded him at the deadline.