Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Makes Me Smile To See So Many Teams Vying For Peyton

18Manning

As emotional as the last couple days have been, it feels good to smile about all the teams courting Peyton. It's going to be fun to watch what he does with his new team.

I agree. I will have two teams to root for next year. Going to be fun!

I thought Jim Irsay and Peyton made they best they could of a difficult situation. That probably leaves me in the minority. IMO, the press conference, both standing side by side and parting ways, showed a lot of class on both parts. I would love to see Peyton end up in a 49ers uniform with Jim Harbaugh as his head coach. Wouldn't that be something? Cap'n Comeback leading the charge from the bench and Peyton leading the charge on the field. Boy Howdy, that would be a sight for sore eyes.

Just goes to show what hard work, being loyal and great preparation could do for you. It could make you the most sought after FA in the history of the NFL. This is a good lesson for kids.

Where I'd love to see Peyton:

1. San Fran

2. Denver

3. Arizona

4. Miami

5. Jets ( i know, i know)

Where I think Peyton will end up:

1. Miami

2. Arizona

3. Houston (??)

I agree, im very happy to see all these teams want him... Irsay.. 'whos da dummy now??' Before you get mad, its a quote from Major Payne.

More than anything I hope Peyton is healthy and stays that way. Good health trumps everything.

For a destination I like the JETS. All the pieces are there, and contrary to what the talking heads at espn are saying, I think that he and Rex Ryan would get along great because they already respect each other, and both are historians of the game. Their offense would be thrilled to run another 20-30 plays after practices with the best QB since Johnny U; and during games Peyton would like watching a defense that's dynamic, especially at LB and CB. He wouldn't have to throw four touchdowns to win every game.

And then there's that little fun bit about squaring off with Brady twice per year.

I thought Jim Irsay and Peyton made they best they could of a difficult situation. That probably leaves me in the minority. IMO, the press conference, both standing side by side and parting ways, showed a lot of class on both parts. I would love to see Peyton end up in a 49ers uniform with Jim Harbaugh as his head coach. Wouldn't that be something? Cap'n Comeback leading the charge from the bench and Peyton leading the charge on the field. Boy Howdy, that would be a sight for sore eyes.

Peyton signing with the 49ers could guarantee another ring on his finger before he retires that's where I want him to go some place were he can continue his greatness and win another superbowl at least while the colts work through this rebuild, but could you image the headlights if Superbowl Luck vs Manning happened Luck's chance to beat the savior of Indy or Petyon's revenge haha I clearly have to much time on my hands

Irsay if your listening I would like to say one thing to you! Your doing the right thing for the horseshoe! Tell your new people that the best way to make all these so called "hard times" go away is to WIN FOOTBALL GAMES!

LET'S GO COLTS!

Peyton signing with the 49ers could guarantee another ring on his finger before he retires that's where I want him to go some place were he can continue his greatness and win another superbowl at least while the colts work through this rebuild, but could you image the headlights if Superbowl Luck vs Manning happened Luck's chance to beat the savior of Indy or Petyon's revenge haha I clearly have to much time on my hands

Luck vs Manning is unlikely but if it did, then Colts fans would get to see Peyton in the Superbowl once again AND know that the Colts team did great with the changes.

I think the 49ers are the most Super Bowl ready of all the suitors so far. I too am hoping Peyton goes to the 49ers.

Yes, I'll move it. It's taking some getting used to putting Manning threads in NFL general

Well if you move everything or everyone not a Colt you would have to move the Luck post also until he's drafted he's basically not a Colt either. Be easier to leave things alone until after the draft. JMO of course.

Well if you move everything or everyone not a Colt you would have to move the Luck post also until he's drafted he's basically not a Colt either. Be easier to leave things alone until after the draft. JMO of course.

We battled the luck thing all season long. We recently started allowing the Luck topics in Colts section.

I was reading on a dolphins fan forum just for kicks and it does make a fan proud to see the way other fans are drooling over the prospect of signing Manning. One fan said "I just want to know what it's like". That comment really stuck with me.

I was reading on a dolphins fan forum just for kicks and it does make a fan proud to see the way other fans are drooling over the prospect of signing Manning. One fan said "I just want to know what it's like". That comment really stuck with me.

Absolutely - we have have it great for more than a decade. Lucky SOBs who ever lands Manning and even luckier a healthy Manning.