Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Thank You Letters To Peyton

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, March 27, 2012 - off topic
Hidden by Nadine, March 27, 2012 - off topic

Thats kinda rude to come into this thread and say things like that. You have the right to your opinion but this thread is stickied and intended for people to say their "thank yous" and "goodbyes". I like your optimism about the future, but I don't think slamming the door in Manning's face was the intent of this thread.

I think the username says it all about this persons intent.....

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, March 27, 2012 - off topic
Hidden by Nadine, March 27, 2012 - off topic

I think the username says it all about this persons intent.....

Good eye......lol

I didn't even notice this slick troll move.

How much you wanna bet he's a previously banned member?

/reported

• 2 weeks later...

I must admit that I have not been able to say goodbye yet. Im in utter shock. As a guy who became a Colts fan by watching The Great Johnny Unitus play, one of the greatest pleasures I've had in life has been watching you play. Unitus changed the way the QB position was played until you came along. I have to admit that I was one the the dummbys that wanted Lief over you. Thank God Irsay didn't listen to me,LOL You are by far the GREATEST that has ever played the QB position. In a way Im glad you left because I want you to win another SB. I did watch Unitis when he went to the Chargers but of course , rooted for my Colts. I wish you the best with Denver and will be pulling for you to show everybody how wrong they are when they doubt that you can play at the level you are used to playing. They just don't get it, you are the GOAT, and they are jealous of your ability. And God help you with you new kids. Im an old guy that has 3 not even near high school yet. I don't have a clue as to how you will be able to concentrate on football but if any one can, its you. You are in my prayers always and are loved by many people.

Oh yes, I have to agree that many many thanks to Peyton for all the years he gave to the Colts, the Fans and to me personally. Thank You and best wishes for your health and yes, continued success in your new home in Denver.

On another note, I think we owe a thank you to Curtis Painter for giving his all in a very very tough situation. I hope this guy does not loose his heart for the game . Anyone know if he is still with the Colts ??? or where ???

Oh yes, I have to agree that many many thanks to Peyton for all the years he gave to the Colts, the Fans and to me personally. Thank You and best wishes for your health and yes, continued success in your new home in Denver.

On another note, I think we owe a thank you to Curtis Painter for giving his all in a very very tough situation. I hope this guy does not loose his heart for the game . Anyone know if he is still with the Colts ??? or where ???

He was cut by the Colts the same day as Dallas Clark et al....Don't think anyone has picked him up.

I have not been able to write anything about Peyton without getting all choked up.

After Peyton's words to Phil B. 'Tell the fans I appreciated them too.' (or words to that effect), I realized that there are no words to THANK Peyton and there are no ends to my appreciation for him and what he means to this game.

I am a fan of the game, I am a fan of Peyton. I am a fan of the greatest player to ever play this game (on and better yet - OFF the field). I always will be. Nothing will change that. No team logo, no team colors, nothing.

PeytonGirl forever

I looking up some Peyton Manning highlights and this really hurts. I'm really going to miss Peyton in a Colts uniform. You just can't replace such a great player. You are the best quarterback of all time period. He started everything from his cadence, timing and release. This really hurts because now I have to watch both the Denver Broncos and The Colts play. I can't miss a Sunday without watching Peyton play.

Dear Peyton,

I am moving on. It seems you were able to do that much quicker than I and as always I have listened and followed by your example, you moving forward has helped me to do the same.

For all the years I watched, screamed, paced, cried, and cussed, for all the times I knew you would bring us back in the final moments (and you did!) I thank you.

You don't know how proud I am of you not only for the way you always gave your best on the field, but the way you carried yourself off the field also, (althought it would have been nice to have known Ashley was pregnant . . . to have shared in the anticipation of that event but privacy is a valued thing so I do not begrudge you that) the work ethic you put into your chosen field, and the protectiveness you have for your family and loved ones, a character trait I also have and appreciate in another. For being a role model kids look up to and a giving caring person, the many things you have done to earn my respect and a place in my heart.

I wish you only the best and look forward to the day you come back and retire as a Colt. Until then I will watch you play as always, and know that you are one of the best to ever play the position.

From my heart to yours,

Vicky

• 2 weeks later...

We started as a five package ticket hyolder, then we progressed to season ticket holders. One of the main reasons has been Peyton's play. My wife and I just want to say that over the years you and the team have brought some of the greatest enjoyment and intense heartache.I do not believe we would be where we are today without your presence.

I didn't realize this offer was serious.

Thank you to whomever took the time to organize this.

Is the address listed on page 1 accurate?

Will you forward any late arrivals?

The letters will be sent to:

Peyton Manning C/O

Denver Broncos

13655 Broncos Parkway

Englewood, Co

No unfortunanately late arrivals will of course be on the forum page but not forwarded to Peyton although you could mail them yourself to either address. If he replies we will be sure to post it here.

Peyton,

How do you say goodbye to a legend? It's impossible to find the right words to thank you for everything you did, and were, for not only Colts football, but also to the city of Indianapolis and the entire state of Indiana.

You were the reason I fell in love with the Colts. It was stories of your dedication, devotion and class that led me here. It was the entire team that kept me here. I will always be a Colts fan because of you and people like Tony Dungy, Bob Sanders, Dallas Clark, and Reggie Wayne. The list could go on forever, but "Peyton Manning" WAS the Indianapolis Colts in my eyes. To follow a team that had these people on it was to follow not just a winning team, but a team to be proud of both on and off the field.

It was hard when you left. I wasn't sure for a long time whether I had ever really been a Colts fan, or had I always been a Peyton fan? In the end, I decided I was both. The Colts are still my team, but for a few years, there will be another team that I will be rooting just as hard for....the Broncos.

Hopefully, you can add another ring or two to the collection before you retire and come home to the Colts, where your legacy will live forever in the hearts of fans everywhere. Good luck in the future.

Until you come back home...

Kim