Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck's maturation

compuls1v3

I am a huge AL fan and think he's hugely underrated both nationally and on this forum. He's carried this team in his back with little help since day 1, far beyond what PM was asked to do (no disrespect to Manning)

Having said that, every QB needs a complete team including a decent o-line and running game. 

AL in 2018: 

> 300 yds passing = 5 games, 0 wins

< 200 yds passing = 3 games, 2 wins 

CB has preached a whole team approach, starting w the trenches. We saw in the PM era that you can't count on star wars numbers once the playoffs begin.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fat Clemenza said:

I am a huge AL fan and think he's hugely underrated both nationally and on this forum. He's carried this team in his back with little help since day 1, far beyond what PM was asked to do (no disrespect to Manning)

Having said that, every QB needs a complete team including a decent o-line and running game. 

AL in 2018: 

> 300 yds passing = 5 games, 0 wins

< 200 yds passing = 3 games, 2 wins 

CB has preached a whole team approach, starting w the trenches. We saw in the PM era that you can't count on star wars numbers once the playoffs begin.  

I agree with most everything.   Except,   we only have 2 wins,  not 3.  But I agree with your premise

10 hours ago, Fat Clemenza said:

Speaking on his maturation, I'm hoping that when he no longer feels the pressure of carrying the team on his shoulders, he will reduce the number of his "what the heck was he thinking?" plays. 

I think you saw that in one play on Sunday, where he skipped out of bounds at the goal line.  The Luck of old would have lowered the shoulder and barrelled into a linebacker.

He now has confidence that they will get it done as a team and he doesn't have to own it.

• Like 1

Imo he has done great in the west coast dink and dunk offensive scheme. We all know hooke good he was on arains air raid offense. If he is able to keep progressing back to his deep ball potential and puts it all together he is going to be unstoppable. Im excited for the future luck 

Luck has played in 78 games and has 155 TD's. Marino hit 200 TD's after 89 games, but Rodgers did it in 99 games. At this rate, with Reich, I can certainly see Luck being the second fastest to 200 TD's. He will start to get the recognition he deserves if he hits that mark, especially if he can stay healthy.