Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Have Until Sunday To Decide On Manning

Ohio Colt

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/06/colts-have-a-little-more-time-to-cut-peyton-manning-but-they-shouldnt-use-it/

The deadline is not March 8th but rather Sunday. So as I predicted, Thursday will come and go and we will hear nothing. So in actuality those who feel like nothing will happen Thursday are probably correct. This will be dragged out longer.

http://profootballta...houldnt-use-it/

The deadline is not March 8th but rather Sunday. So as I predicted, Thursday will come and go and we will hear nothing. So in actuality those who feel like nothing will happen Thursday are probably correct. This will be dragged out longer.

Something will happen Thursday. Thursday is still the date to decline or pick up the roster bonus. The SUnday deadline is for Manning to strike out a new deal before Free Agency hits.

I feel like we will hear today or tomorrow. just my spidey sense

I've heard talk that we should expect something today or tomorrow as the big 10 tourney opens Thursday. What that has to do with it I'm not sure, but that's what I've heard.

:lol: .... Maybe Jim Irsay can pull the Hebrew, Chinese, Gregorian or Eastern Orthodox calendar out of his rass and drag all this out (and our grenade-lobbing threads) even further.

Or he can invoke the Mayan calendar which at least nails it down to December 21st.... when we all get cut.

what do you guys expect? a press conference, an article on the website? i think Irsay is struggling with a way to even announce this all. No way is good enough for a guy as big as manning.

a tweet that says "I'm sick and tired of this noodle-armed game manager and his Forum sycophants.... he's cut!!"

oooops.... that's the Curtis Painter tweet, not Manning's.

Per PFT: "Greg Aiello confirms, all business for the current week must be transacted by 4:00 p.m. ET on Friday, March 9. Thus, if Manning is still on the roster as of 4:01 p.m. ET on Friday, March 9, there’s no way the Colts can cut him before Monday morning. So, at the very latest, (Irsay) should dump Peyton on Friday afternoon, if the plan is to cut him."

No doubt, ruk..Its cool...

But I'm trying hard to see the connection between Manning's contract and Cody Zeller..

I suppose the tie is similar to the issue we heard regarding publicity over Manning hogging the attention from the SB.

PR I suppose is the root of that comment.

No doubt, ruk..Its cool...

But I'm trying hard to see the connection between Manning's contract and Cody Zeller..

It is probably the fact that Irsay wants to be a good steward to Indianapolis and let the B10 tournament have the focus of the city not make it all about him and Manning like they did during the Super Bowl.

Hopefully we hear something in the next couple days so the city can focus on the B10 tournament and we can finally move on from this whole debacle.

I am sure Irsay will have a press conference in this especially if he is cutting Manning. Doing a press release would be pretty pathetic if he was cutting Manning.

what do you guys expect? a press conference, an article on the website? i think Irsay is struggling with a way to even announce this all. No way is good enough for a guy as big as manning.

Irsay will do the classic "Breaking news coming up on colts.com," the website will then post an article 5-10 minutes later saying Manning is staying with a renegotiated contract, and there will be a press conference announced for 4 o'clock that day (likely Wednesday).

yeah i heard 3:59:59pm on Friday

This. The weekends don't count. Deadline is Friday at 4pm.

I am hearing that they can restructure the current deal, is that true? I thought the colts will have to release and resign. Are the analyst just skipping over the fine details to make it less complicated?

To all..

Do yo really think there will be a news conference if Manning is being ashcanned?

Might not want to go there...

I would think there will be a press gathering ONLY if Manning is resigned...

I think that's very likely, IF Manning leaves, it will be with a hand shake.

Manning cares about this franchise and its fans, he will understand if the Colts don't want to pay him a big contract with alot of guaranteed money, and he probably does think that its smart for the colts to draft Luck for the future. I think its POSSIBLE that Manning sees a split as a win/ win for himself and the Colts.

So yes I wouldexpect a very classy parting but I think he's coming back home.

Prior to Thursday could mean today. Right?

There's nothing they'll know Friday that they dont know now...

If someone said that 2 weeks ago I'd disagree but now I do think there's a understanding at this point. If Manning is willing to restructure then they are probably working out the fine details.

But who knows maybe were wrong.

http://profootballta...houldnt-use-it/

hmm... sounds like u r now predicting something and pretending like u r announcing it.

the truth is, we do not know what is going to happen. I am predicting that we will know what team he plays for between today and the draft. ;)

If someone said that 2 weeks ago I'd disagree but now I do think there's a understanding at this point. If Manning is willing to restructure then they are probably working out the fine details.

That's what I'm hoping too (restructure details being worked out). Remember, several talking heads were sure Peyton was going to be released the week after the SB. Then they were sure it was prior to the combine.

They were just guessing, even if it was educated. So this educated guess is at least as good as theirs..

the only thing that has changed in the last week are the reports that Mannng is improving his throwing 'dramatically'

I'm hoping that means Irsay is going to resign him and got for the playoffs the next 2 years

Heres a comment from that thread that ALL fans should read... This guy is FOR cutting manning, but what he says about how its being handled is spot on.

anarchopurplism says: Mar 6, 2012 9:55 AM

So you are suggesting that other than Irsay having a problem with his twitter thumb and lack of PR skills, he and his team of bobo’s may mess up contract language interpretation? That would be hilarious.

Irsay was pretty well-liked for his openness until this situation. What I can recall:

“We’ll play him if he is healthy” leads to:

-Bill Polian endorsing Manning’s abilities

-Video clip being released on the net

“This will be a family decision, not a business decision”

-Huh?

-Would not make me feel good as a fan of this team staring at another potential 10yr franchise option or boatload of cash & cap wrapped up in QB position.

“This should not be discussed in the media, it should be in-house”

-IE: unless I want to take something in-house & bring it into the media…..

I’m kind of sick of the these so-called “leaders” who hold a public discourse on what they may or may not do on a decision……..then obviously monitor information channels to try to predict what reactions might be.

Are you going to pay Manning & then dump a bunch of money to put talent around him to make a run……or re-build with Luck?

Irsay needs to stop being a total Sally and cut Manning already! Man-up! What more information do you need to help you make a decision? Playing the waiting game only makes you look like a wimp. Just come out and tell the avg fan that it’s time to move on & focus on the future, not the accomplishments of the past.

It does not make economic or competitive sense to have both Luck & Manning. You don’t want to risk investing more into Manning & making a run with him in his older/fragile state. Makes sense, so man up & move on.

It really is just my spidey sense. I'm bracing for a press conference. But have not heard anything.

That's all they can do. If Irsay did some announcement on twitter or posted on colts.com that something big was coming it would be a silly / on the verge of stupid in my opinion. It's something that deserves a press conference and not a twitter announcement. It would be the smart move for Irsay to tell the press there will be a press conference tomorrow, thursday or whenever he decides.

Yeah I think Irsay will in all likelyhood hold a presser tomorrow around 4 or so annoucing Peyton will be back on a restructured deal. Makes no sense to drag it out as Mike Chappel said.

Wednesday is usally a media for teams and the Colts alike anyway.