Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Put this into Perspective

ColtStrong2013

Just now, Blueblood23 said:

Not all these picks will pan out. Hopefully more do than don't. Wish they get a pass rusher from one of these draft picks.

Geez, what's the next 2 years look like for me Genie man?

Turay is the passrusher. Go watch the film and you'll see that he has serious upside. Pass rushers take some time to develop. 

10 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Geez, what's the next 2 years look like for me Genie man?

Turay is the passrusher. Go watch the film and you'll see that he has serious upside. Pass rushers take some time to develop. 

He’s got a decent ceiling but also has a very low floor. Raw athlete, poor production, and injury prone. 

I like the positions he drafted. No problem with that here. Maybe would have liked Sutton but still good nonetheless. I only preferred other people for the positions.

But I'm not hating on ballard at all and like the job he is doing.

6 minutes ago, Luck 4 president said:

He’s got a decent ceiling but also has a very low floor. Raw athlete, poor production, and injury prone. 

All-American Rookie first year college, battled injuries next two years, then had a nice bounce back year last year.   Showed himself to be one of the best pass rushers during Senior Bowl week.  

To the injury prone comment, Frank Gore was similarly “injury prone” during his collegiate career.

• Like 1

The one thing i did notice on all the actual scouting reports of the guys drafted was all of them had phrases like 'violent hands' or 'quick off the ball'.

Love how he's trying to make this team up with more physical athletic guys. We've definitely been a soft team last few years. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, IinD said:

The one thing i did notice on all the actual scouting reports of the guys drafted was all of them had phrases like 'violent hands' or 'quick off the ball'.

Love how he's trying to make this team up with more physical athletic guys. We've definitely been a soft team last few years. 

Turay is quick as anybody in the draft off the ball and uses his hands really well. I'd say all 5 of these picks have violent hands in Ballards eyes. Colts fans won't even recognize this team this season as we have had a really soft mentality on the field the past few years. 

I don't think Chuck was a good coach, but I'm starting to feel bad for him because this is the type of team/vision he wanted when he wanted to "build the monster." Grigson just couldn't put it together. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, ColtStrong2013 said:

Turay is quick as anybody in the draft off the ball and uses his hands really well. I'd say all 5 of these picks have violent hands in Ballards eyes. Colts fans won't even recognize this team this season as we have had a really soft mentality on the field the past few years. 

I don't think Chuck was a good coach, but I'm starting to feel bad for him because this is the type of team/vision he wanted when he wanted to "build the monster." Grigson just couldn't put it together. 

On paper it definitely seems like a solid philosophy. I mean honestly,  how could some get mad at pass rush picks? We have ZERO rush,  we have to draft them, FA isn't an option. 

Getting annoyed at what school they came from or if they were drafted a round to high is dumb.

Just now, IinD said:

On paper it definitely seems like a solid philosophy. I mean honestly,  how could some get mad at pass rush picks? We have ZERO rush,  we have to draft them, FA isn't an option. 

Getting annoyed at what school they came from or if they were drafted a round to high is dumb.

The same people complaining about reaching for these guys were perfectly fine with settling for Roquan Smith or Edmund's at 6.

Just now, Four2itus said:

This thread is truth. 

giphy r.gif

I would love your post... but I ran out of reactions on the day. Most of which are laughing at posters.