Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BProland85

Getting DL evals from Big Q

This may be something that is rarely done, but would it be worth it if Ballard went to Quenton Nelson and asked him who some of the best DL players he went against in college? That would give Ballard some insight on who may be quality DL prospects in the draft since Big Q is a dominant OG himself and has to face these guys in the trenches. 

He plays 12 to 13 games a year and probably isn't going against every DL on the opposing team so more than likely he wouldn't have knowledge on the vast majority of prospects.

The task should be left to the scouts, whose only job is to find/rate/rank players.

I realize scouting these DL players is the most important thing. All I'm saying is it could be a little added advantage since you did just draft college football's best OL player. 

Did anyone notice the Vita Vea highlight last night where he blew thru Nelson AND McGlinchy like their hands were tied?

1 hour ago, Nesjan3 said:

NFL players play football, NFL scouts evaluate talent

Really?  We had no idea.  thanks for the heads up!

There's nothing wrong with the idea exceot the timing....   thus type of thing is typically done in Jan, Feb and March...  but by April,  its late...   and by day 2 of the draft the ship has sailed...

19 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

There's nothing wrong with the idea exceot the timing....   thus type of thing is typically done in Jan, Feb and March...  but by April,  its late...   and by day 2 of the draft the ship has sailed...

Maybe next year if there’s a guy coming out that’s Q matched up with, you could ask him.

I doubt giving in depth reports on players he’s faced is something Nelson would want to do less than 24 hours after being drafted.