Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Old fans compared to young fans.

HOF19

39 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

Married fathers of 3 children have no ability to feel young.  

Tell me about it! Well, I only have two kids. Wife would have liked three, but I worried we wouldn’t have handled it very well. Later our son was diagnosed with ADHD, so there you have it. We’re a close family, but it does demand a lot of effort from time to time. :gym:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, King Colt said:

TV remotes were invented when I was a youngster. It was a religious moment for I knew my future Sundays would be so much better than my fathers before me.:sleepy:

Remotes?  I never even seen a color TV till I was around 10 or 12 years old. I thought a 19 inch color TV was the coolest TV ever made. Out Grandmother bought us one for X-Mas and we argued over the 4 channels we had. No TV after midnight either. They all played the National Anthem and shut down.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, shakedownstreet said:

images_zpso7hv2jvv.jpg

That's funny.

I wish I had a dollar for every time I heard "get a damn haircut you hippy" from my father. Later in life it was the younger generation that had the short haircuts and the old dudes that had the long hair. We both got a kick out of talking about it. I had hair almost waist length at one time before I joined the establishment. haha

8 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

That's funny.

I wish I had a dollar for every time I heard "get a damn haircut you hippy" from my father. Later in life it was the younger generation that had the short haircuts and the old dudes that had the long hair. We both got a kick out of talking about it. I had hair almost waist length at one time before I joined the establishment. haha

:) I never got that long, but did sport the Wolfman look for a while. Facial hair of numerous varieties. 

Now, I'm working on my reverse mohawk.

5 hours ago, Valpo2004 said:

Where is the cut-off between old and young? 

I'm 35.

I'm worried about Andrew but not so worried that I think we should be trying to draft a QB.  

3 hours ago, Swan Ronson said:

What's the cut off to go from young to older fan?

I think when you get into an argument and hear yourself say in your father's voice that "Defense wins championships" youv'e ccome to the older side.   

23 hours ago, HOF19 said:

A family member (NY Giants fan ) made me aware of difference of opinion on Giants board. Older Giants fans not as eager to draft a QB as younger fans .Younger fans seem unsure of their QB situation. It may just be me but I think I am seeing the same thing on this board (and with Colts fans I know ) older Colts fans seem to have more faith in Andrew than younger fans.....But maybe it is just me .

I am a younger fan, (20) and I agree with NYG younger fans about drafting a qb. But as Colts I have complete faith in Luck coming back well

23 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

Waiting to see the draft, but Dorsey in Cleveland is my current leader for GM of the year.  The Rams are making good moves too.

Honestly I think the rams have way to many chiefs and not enough Indians. It’s going to be very interesting to see how all these top dogs play together 

20 hours ago, bravo4460 said:

Hello, younger fan (23) here. Most of the younger friends and I believe Luck will be fine if he can stay healthy.

Biggest debate between young and old I think is uniforms that the Colts are so stubborn about.

Older fans seem to like the uniforms just the way they are.

Younger seem to be fans of all blue color rush or wanting change to our current uniforms. 

And this makes us play better how?

• Like 1

On 4/25/2018 at 4:32 PM, HOF19 said:

A family member (NY Giants fan ) made me aware of difference of opinion on Giants board. Older Giants fans not as eager to draft a QB as younger fans .Younger fans seem unsure of their QB situation. It may just be me but I think I am seeing the same thing on this board (and with Colts fans I know ) older Colts fans seem to have more faith in Andrew than younger fans.....But maybe it is just me .

I am 23 so put me in whatever category you want but I believe in our lucky ducky.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Swan Ronson said:

What's the cut off to go from young to older fan?

If you drafted Priest Holmes, Tomlinson, Clinton Portis, Ahman Green or Shaun Alexander in Fantasy Football......you are probably old

If you've never played fantasy football, you are probably old

If you think I sound old, you are probably young. (I'm 37). 

6 minutes ago, ColtJ82 said:

If you drafted Priest Holmes, Tomlinson, Clinton Portis, Ahman Green or Shaun Alexander in Fantasy Football......you are probably old

I posted this topic ......Have NEVER played fantasy football and never will. (And almost needed counseling when I watched the Jets beat my Colts in 1969 Super Bowl )

1 hour ago, ColtJ82 said:

Ugh.  My first ever pick was barry sanders.  Guess i'm old as dirt.

2 hours ago, JustAColtsFan said:

And this makes us play better how?

It doesn't. Didn't know that in order to change your jerseys it meant it had to make you better.

If the Colts really wanted to play better thwy should just switch to the Patriots jerseys apparently.