Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Mock w/ 2nd Rd trade

My one and only gander on what colts complete draft might look like

rd1 pk 6 DE Bradley Chubb NC state- beginning to think he makes it to the colts. Very good all around player that fits a need.

rd2 pk 4 OG Isaiah Wynn Georgia- what a consolation prize for not taking Nelson in rd 1. Wynn would be a flexible piece for our oline, as he can play tackle in a pinch. Gives the guard spot a much needed upgrade

rd2 pk 5 CB Josh Jackson Iowa- this is great value. Jackson's combine was a bit of a downer, but just trust the game film. This kid can play and is a nice fit into our new scheme on D.

rd2 pk 17 **traded to Tennessee for 2nd pk 25 and their 3rd rd pk 25- I fell Ballard will be trying to add a 3rd rd pk somewhere. He'll talk calls and find a partner.

rd2 pk 25 RB Rashaad Penny San Diego St- any other year penny stock would be higher but this class is loaded. Colts get their RB to pair with the explosive Mack.

rd3 pk 3 WR James Washington Oklahoma State- just shows you the depth of this receiving class also. Washington is a playmaker with the ball in his hands. His route running will have to get better, but he's got all the tools. Great compliment to TY. 

Rd3 pk 25 (from Tenn) OLB Jerome Baker Ohio State- Ballard said the LB room will get a makeover. It starts here. There's other backers I'm higher on, but baker just makes sense here.

rd4 pk 4 ILB Tegray Scales Indiana- Scales adds more playmakers and competition to the LB room. 

Rd5 pk 3 WR Desean Hamilton Penn State- I really think we'll double up on the WR position and Hamliton would be a great add. Very solid production coming from the Big Ten.

rd6 pk 4 CB DJ Reed Kansas State- homer pick here. Reed is one of my favorite sleeper CB's in this draft. Highly competitive, reminds me of Hairston. Value is to good to pass up in the sixth rd.

rd7 pk 3 FS Armani Watts Texas AM- very productive and gives us options if hooker isn't up too speed to start off the season.

• Like 2

Nice mock....

But I think you've got two problems with the trade...

One...  teams rarely trade inside their own division.    I wouldn't say never,  but it is rare.

Two....   the trade is lopsided for the Colts.     We'd be getting 475 points from the draft value chart and the Titans would only get 410.     We'd have to include our 5 and our 6 to make it close.   And we'd still be short 10 points.    Not sure Ballard wants to do a trade....   where we're getting 2 picks but giving up 3.

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Nice mock....

But I think you've got two problems with the trade...

One...  teams rarely trade inside their own division.    I wouldn't say never,  but it is rare.

Two....   the trade is lopsided for the Colts.     We'd be getting 475 points from the draft value chart and the Titans would only get 410.     We'd have to include our 5 and our 6 to make it close.   And we'd still be short 10 points.    Not sure Ballard wants to do a trade....   where we're getting 2 picks but giving up 3.

Yea the trade might be a few points off, just depends on who's there and how bad a team wants specific player. I wanted to trade down from 37th pk to add a 3rd rounder but there's a lot of talent we'd prolly miss out on. 

Minor beef , but everyone is entitled to their lists/mocks.  So my only comment would be, you're the GM of the Colts and your draft fell to your board.  Then come season beginning, Luck is on IR (with hopes of DTR), and Jacoby gets hurt in game 1? Now what?

Yes, might be rare, but also possible.  Picking up a mid round QB seems to be very reasonable this year with all of the uncertainty for Luck.  Not doing so got Polian fired, and was a straw on camels back for Pagano last year. Having Matt H for a spell was a bonus, but we got him beat up too.

16 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Minor beef , but everyone is entitled to their lists/mocks.  So my only comment would be, you're the GM of the Colts and your draft fell to your board.  Then come season beginning, Luck is on IR (with hopes of DTR), and Jacoby gets hurt in game 1? Now what?

Yes, might be rare, but also possible.  Picking up a mid round QB seems to be very reasonable this year with all of the uncertainty for Luck.  Not doing so got Polian fired, and was a straw on camels back for Pagano last year. Having Matt H for a spell was a bonus, but we got him beat up too.

Completely agree man. I started the thread earlier about taking Mike White with a pick. That idea didn't go over to well. The pats seems to take a QB every other year and has worked for them quiet well. I know we're not in the same position as them. Also think Riech works really well with QBs so bringing in a young guy to develop would work. We're gonna carry three qbs prolly anyway. 

If I were going to offer a plausible second round trade, I'd go with trading #37 to ARIZ for their #47 and #97(end of 3rd) they got (somewhere else).  Almost even value swap on the trade chart with ARIZ paying a bit more.

ARIZ is moving up 10 spots to pick Mason Rudolph ahead of MIA at #43? who got shut out of the QB picks in the first round.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, boo2202 said:

My one and only gander on what colts complete draft might look like

rd1 pk 6 DE Bradley Chubb NC state- beginning to think he makes it to the colts. Very good all around player that fits a need.

rd2 pk 4 OG Isaiah Wynn Georgia- what a consolation prize for not taking Nelson in rd 1. Wynn would be a flexible piece for our oline, as he can play tackle in a pinch. Gives the guard spot a much needed upgrade

rd2 pk 5 CB Josh Jackson Iowa- this is great value. Jackson's combine was a bit of a downer, but just trust the game film. This kid can play and is a nice fit into our new scheme on D.

rd2 pk 17 **traded to Tennessee for 2nd pk 25 and their 3rd rd pk 25- I fell Ballard will be trying to add a 3rd rd pk somewhere. He'll talk calls and find a partner.

rd2 pk 25 RB Rashaad Penny San Diego St- any other year penny stock would be higher but this class is loaded. Colts get their RB to pair with the explosive Mack.

rd3 pk 3 WR James Washington Oklahoma State- just shows you the depth of this receiving class also. Washington is a playmaker with the ball in his hands. His route running will have to get better, but he's got all the tools. Great compliment to TY. 

Rd3 pk 25 (from Tenn) OLB Jerome Baker Ohio State- Ballard said the LB room will get a makeover. It starts here. There's other backers I'm higher on, but baker just makes sense here.

rd4 pk 4 ILB Tegray Scales Indiana- Scales adds more playmakers and competition to the LB room. 

Rd5 pk 3 WR Desean Hamilton Penn State- I really think we'll double up on the WR position and Hamliton would be a great add. Very solid production coming from the Big Ten.

rd6 pk 4 CB DJ Reed Kansas State- homer pick here. Reed is one of my favorite sleeper CB's in this draft. Highly competitive, reminds me of Hairston. Value is to good to pass up in the sixth rd.

rd7 pk 3 FS Armani Watts Texas AM- very productive and gives us options if hooker isn't up too speed to start off the season.

Not a bad mock. I like not waiting till mid rounds to get a RB & WR. I prefer Jones/Michel but Penny is not bad.

As far as  getting a QB to backup Brisset like others mentioned, I think a FA veteran would be a better choice than a late round draft pick.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

Not a bad mock. I like not waiting till mid rounds to get a RB & WR. I prefer Jones/Michel but Penny is not bad.

As far as  getting a QB to backup Brisset like others mentioned, I think a FA veteran would be a better choice than a late round draft pick.

I don't agree, too expensive, and not a potential player to develop as backup or trade away if not needed. If Luck isn't quite ready, I want potential competition for Brissett to be his backup, not an expensive old journeyman QB.

36 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

I don't agree, too expensive, and not a potential player to develop as backup or trade away if not needed. If Luck isn't quite ready, I want potential competition for Brissett to be his backup, not an expensive old journeyman QB.

What good can a late round rookie qb be? The QB position is a tough position to play even at a half decent level. Odds are a late rounder will not contribute at all if Brisset goes down.  If you think Tolzein plays bad, throw in a 6th rpunder in thete lol.Brisset is our backup & developmental qb. If you really want spend time grooming you need someone like kyle Rudolph and spend a 2nd/3rd on him.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

What good can a late round rookie qb be? The QB position is a tough position to play even at a half decent level. Odds are a late rounder will not contribute at all if Brisset goes down.  If you think Tolzein plays bad, throw in a 6th rpunder in thete lol.Brisset is our backup & developmental qb. If you really want spend time grooming you need someone like kyle Rudolph and spend a 2nd/3rd on him.

Don't want a late rounder, looking for the next Russell Wilson / Dak Prescott type.  Note where they were drafted, and both weren't a necessity or necessarily the first choice either...

Willing to spend our early 3rd on a potential gem... and have a rookie contract for 4 years...

Kyle Lauletta maybe? (I bet the Pats get him before us though... and possibly make us pay for years more)

13 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

No thanks!  You have Brad Kaaya and Phillip Walker below Brissett.  As a GM you are fine with those odds, especially since Ballard was a fan of Kaaya and went out and grabbed him.  I would say grabbing a mid-round guy would be the same as what you have on your roster right now and counter productive compared to the many needs you currently have.  If Luck starts on the IR, sadly that will not be known until long after the draft.  My assumption is Ballard has full anticipation that Luck will be there week 1.

1 hour ago, DaColts85 said:

No thanks!  You have Brad Kaaya and Phillip Walker below Brissett.  As a GM you are fine with those odds, especially since Ballard was a fan of Kaaya and went out and grabbed him.  I would say grabbing a mid-round guy would be the same as what you have on your roster right now and counter productive compared to the many needs you currently have.  If Luck starts on the IR, sadly that will not be known until long after the draft.  My assumption is Ballard has full anticipation that Luck will be there week 1.

Polian was fine with Curtis Painter, until he had to go get Kerry Collins last minute; no training camp not familiar with playbook.  Ballard was fine with Scott Tolzien, until he had to go get Jacoby Brissett at the last minute; no training camp not familiar with playbook.  It seems Ballard wants to at least take a look at a projected round 3 guy (Mike White) before deciding on QB3, that might be #2 if things don't progress well.  Anyone beyond the top 9 QB's in this draft is at Kaaya grade or less, but the top 9 are much better, IMO

Kaaya is just a guy, actually practice squad guy, and will be until he improves accuracy and arm strength significantly. He has bounced around teams already. Not mobile when pocket breaks down, less than NFL average arm, can't fit the ball into tight windows, only completed 38% of passes between 11-20 yards in 2016, rushes throws, less than ideal vision and creativity under pressure, etc...  color me unimpressed.

When Ballard sees White's tape, he'll see a live arm (throws baseball 90 mph) and can fit it in tight windows, can throw with touch too, catchable deep ball, and used to horrible protection from his O line, and will benefit (like Luck) from an improved O line.  Whether that is enough to send a slip in to draft him... who knows.

The complete uncertainty of Lucks health progression and timetable (and ability to meet it) could make this decision important. Or, maybe we will suffer yet another season with lack of talent/experience and be at the top of the draft chain again. What have we done to improve this team, besides resign and rely upon our oft injured players to stay healthy? Ebron? Maybe.. Moncrief to Grant a downgrade, etc.

We have all new schemes on both sides of the ball for players to learn and get on same page.  I expect a lot of growing pains early in the season, especially if Andrew isn't ready to take the helm.

39 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Polian was fine with Curtis Painter, until he had to go get Kerry Collins last minute; no training camp not familiar with playbook.  Ballard was fine with Scott Tolzien, until he had to go get Jacoby Brissett at the last minute; no training camp not familiar with playbook.  It seems Ballard wants to at least take a look at a projected round 3 guy (Mike White) before deciding on QB3, that might be #2 if things don't progress well.  Anyone beyond the top 9 QB's in this draft is at Kaaya grade or less, but the top 9 are much better, IMO

Kaaya is just a guy, actually practice squad guy, and will be until he improves accuracy and arm strength significantly. He has bounced around teams already. Not mobile when pocket breaks down, less than NFL average arm, can't fit the ball into tight windows, only completed 38% of passes between 11-20 yards in 2016, rushes throws, less than ideal vision and creativity under pressure, etc...  color me unimpressed.

When Ballard sees White's tape, he'll see a live arm (throws baseball 90 mph) and can fit it in tight windows, can throw with touch too, catchable deep ball, and used to horrible protection from his O line, and will benefit (like Luck) from an improved O line.  Whether that is enough to send a slip in to draft him... who knows.

The complete uncertainty of Lucks health progression and timetable (and ability to meet it) could make this decision important. Or, maybe we will suffer yet another season with lack of talent/experience and be at the top of the draft chain again. What have we done to improve this team, besides resign and rely upon our oft injured players to stay healthy? Ebron? Maybe.. Moncrief to Grant a downgrade, etc.

We have all new schemes on both sides of the ball for players to learn and get on same page.  I expect a lot of growing pains early in the season, especially if Andrew isn't ready to take the helm.

Painter was all-around terrible.  Tolzein was terrible as well (but had a good game against Steelers year prior).  Polian then grabbed A guy just as Ballard did.  We now have our back-up and he will be learning the new offense with our projected starter, Luck.  Kaaya was not a highly touted guy coming out of college for many of reasons you have posted.  He is however a capable #3.  Practice Squad is correct as I hope to only have 2 QB's on the active roster. 

Are there a few guys in this draft that will be mid-round guys that could be better than Kaaya, yes!  In a rebuild with the clear hopes of Luck being fine though, as a GM, that is the last of my concerns.  You are also painting a extreme hypothetical for your point of view.  Game 1 and every QB is hurt.  Lets just say game 1 and our whole starting O-line is hurt... should we have drafted 5 o-line guys as well to help?  I know this is extreme as well but as a GM I am not looking at everything thinking that I need another backup, backup QB.  You ride with what you have and play FA if for some reason you need a QB in a pinch.

33 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

Are there a few guys in this draft that will be mid-round guys that could be better than Kaaya, yes!  In a rebuild with the clear hopes of Luck being fine though, as a GM, that is the last of my concerns.  You are also painting a extreme hypothetical for your point of view.

There is no guarantee Luck will be ready.  Nothing at this time points to he will, except his optimism (like last year, but tempered this time with cautious patience). JB might be starter, and Kaaya holding the clipboard, having to be ready to try to win a game at a moments notice.  I'm not good with that.  But I'm the guy that has pounded the table for years to have to healthy and decent QB's (plural) at all times, not R6-7 or UDFA, nor ancient and expensive FA's. IF Luck was throwing regulation footballs, and would be ready for full 7 on 7 and 11 on 11 drills at training camp and would not suffer setbacks in doing so (like he did previously), This would not be a concern. That's not the case right now. QB is the most important position on the team by far.  To not be prepared for the worst of potential scenarios is to repeat the failures of the past with the resultant tragic results.

People buckle up before driving, knowing there is only a small possibility of it being necessary. But I realize there are some in that group out there that would not and chance it if they would get cited for not having done so.

59 minutes ago, ColtsBlitz said:

I would rather take Isaiah Oliver than Josh Jackson. Better length and technician. 

Me too. I think Oliver will be there with one of the early 2nd round picks and would be perfect. 

1 hour ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

There is no guarantee Luck will be ready.  Nothing at this time points to he will, except his optimism (like last year, but tempered this time with cautious patience). JB might be starter, and Kaaya holding the clipboard, having to be ready to try to win a game at a moments notice.  I'm not good with that.  But I'm the guy that has pounded the table for years to have to healthy and decent QB's (plural) at all times, not R6-7 or UDFA, nor ancient and expensive FA's. IF Luck was throwing regulation footballs, and would be ready for full 7 on 7 and 11 on 11 drills at training camp and would not suffer setbacks in doing so (like he did previously), This would not be a concern. That's not the case right now. QB is the most important position on the team by far.  To not be prepared for the worst of potential scenarios is to repeat the failures of the past with the resultant tragic results.

People buckle up before driving, knowing there is only a small possibility of it being necessary. But I realize there are some in that group out there that would not and chance it if they would get cited for not having done so.

The Importance of the QB position is well known.  As a lot of our bad years were minus a QB of talent.  This is not necessarily going to magically change with a mid round guy either.  JB is the best option.  Now for Luck, he will not give a time table but said he wants no reserve against him once training camp starts.  He wants to be able to get out there and throw as much as needed.  Him not throwing a regulation football means nothing to me right now.  He is throwing and getting the mechanics back right now.  Him throwing weighted balls (heavier than a regulation football) and not having a setback means more to me than him not throwing one right now.  If CB had the though, honest thought, that he was not going to be ready I am sure he might look at something in the realm of grabbing an extra arm.  I will not be shocked at all if we do not draft a guy, or if we do he will be a late round or UDFA camp arm.

The whole seatbelt analogy is a nice attempt but it comes with the car and is the law.  Not apples to apples on that one.

8 hours ago, DaColts85 said:

The Importance of the QB position is well known.  As a lot of our bad years were minus a QB of talent.  This is not necessarily going to magically change with a mid round guy either.  JB is the best option.  Now for Luck, he will not give a time table but said he wants no reserve against him once training camp starts.  He wants to be able to get out there and throw as much as needed.  Him not throwing a regulation football means nothing to me right now.  He is throwing and getting the mechanics back right now.  Him throwing weighted balls (heavier than a regulation football) and not having a setback means more to me than him not throwing one right now.  If CB had the though, honest thought, that he was not going to be ready I am sure he might look at something in the realm of grabbing an extra arm.  I will not be shocked at all if we do not draft a guy, or if we do he will be a late round or UDFA camp arm.

Luck was just as adamant last year that he would be ready just as he is this year about not rushing things and not having a 'governor on' at training camp.  And he used the term 'very, very' a bit too much for my taste... my kids did that growing up trying to sell me on something they wanted me to believe, whether there was evidence to do so or not.

8 hours ago, DaColts85 said:

The whole seatbelt analogy is a nice attempt but it comes with the car and is the law.  Not apples to apples on that one.

I mentioned it was law, but it wasn't always, neither was motorcycle helmet laws (and some 28  or so states still allow adults the choice).  And back then, there were those that knew the benefits and used them even though not required by law, and those that chose to ignore the benefits citing personal choice and counting on the small percentage of things going awry: taking the chance.

I'm a helmet wearer in a state that doesn't require it for those 21 and older.  I'm also in favor of decent QB's on the roster, starter and backup. Not lkeftover camp arms. And if Starter is out of action,then the  backup and his backup.  You, and others may not feel that way,  so we disagree. But it is like a coach going for it on 4th down. If it works, he's a genius. If it fails, he's an maroon. Time will tell, but the Colts failed this test twice already, and passed it once (Matt H.).

A non round 1 QB costs peanuts... ask the Seahawks and Cowboys about Russell Wilson and Dak Prescott contracts/cap.

11 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Luck was just as adamant last year that he would be ready just as he is this year about not rushing things and not having a 'governor on' at training camp.  And he used the term 'very, very' a bit too much for my taste... my kids did that growing up trying to sell me on something they wanted me to believe, whether there was evidence to do so or not.

I mentioned it was law, but it wasn't always, neither was motorcycle helmet laws (and some 28  or so states still allow adults the choice).  And back then, there were those that knew the benefits and used them even though not required by law, and those that chose to ignore the benefits citing personal choice and counting on the small percentage of things going awry: taking the chance.

I'm a helmet wearer in a state that doesn't require it for those 21 and older.  I'm also in favor of decent QB's on the roster, starter and backup. Not lkeftover camp arms. And if Starter is out of action,then the  backup and his backup.  You, and others may not feel that way,  so we disagree. But it is like a coach going for it on 4th down. If it works, he's a genius. If it fails, he's an maroon. Time will tell, but the Colts failed this test twice already, and passed it once (Matt H.).

A non round 1 QB costs peanuts... ask the Seahawks and Cowboys about Russell Wilson and Dak Prescott contracts/cap.

Luck has kept everything silent and continues to do so.  I am not worried about that personally.  I look more towards the actions of Chris Ballard.  Everything he has done has been some small indication that Luck will be ready for pre-season let alone week 1.  Between us this is just my point-of-view really.  We probably will never agree on this end.

The seatbelt argument can trail off in many directions so I am moving past that to the bolded portion.  You are referring to a QB that went to an already built team.  That same Russell Wilson could have went to various other teams and shown far less success.  Dak is the same.  Solid line in front of him and had the ability to hand the ball off when they focused on him.  Luck, let alone and new QB, has had little of any of this.  I would say he has had none while being here really.  I like a lot of mid round QB's as I have stated.  My point remains that I would much rather use a 3rd thru 5th or even 6th on other positions of need.  Just my philosophy, which does not mean I am right.

1 hour ago, DaColts85 said:

I look more towards the actions of Chris Ballard.  Everything he has done has been some small indication that Luck will be ready for pre-season let alone week 1.  Between us this is just my point-of-view really.  We probably will never agree on this end.

(Wilson, Prescott) You are referring to a QB that went to an already built team.

True, people are watching Ballard.  But I'm not (always) looking at Ballard (despite the fact he brought in Mike White, who is NOT a camp arm, for a look see).

I'm looking at it from I am the GM of the Colts (like many here seem to try to do at times).  I see Luck is not yet ready, with no indication from doctors (maybe Ballard knows more here, knows the projected timetable, but there are never absolutes in medicine as folks here are learning) when he will be ready.  So I have to operate under the impression i do not have him... until I actually do; whenever that is.

I see Jacoby Brissett, and say 'There's my starter'.  I look at Kaaya, and Walker.  I do not see competition for my starter, or a guy I can trust to lead the team if JB gets injured.  I bring in a Mike White (or Luke Falk), not only for evaluation but gauge what other teams have shown him interest and to what level of enthusiasm to guesstimate where he might still be available on the board for a potential selection.

So yes, we don't agree, because you operate from the position Luck will be fully ready week 1, and I do not make that assumption at this time.

As far as Wilson, he was brought in to a team that already bought (high priced too!) their starter.  Wilson was an afterthought that landed on Carroll's board so he took him.  Wilson beat out all the other QB's in camp and took over the team.

Prescott was to back up Tony Romo, but was brought in to start when Romo was hurt in pre-season.

When/if Luck does come back, great!  But I'd rather have the problem of one too many decent QB's than one two few.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

So yes, we don't agree, because you operate from the position Luck will be fully ready week 1, and I do not make that assumption at this time.

As far as Wilson, he was brought in to a team that already bought (high priced too!) their starter.  Wilson was an afterthought that landed on Carroll's board so he took him.  Wilson beat out all the other QB's in camp and took over the team.

Prescott was to back up Tony Romo, but was brought in to start when Romo was hurt in pre-season.

When/if Luck does come back, great!  But I'd rather have the problem of one too many decent QB's than one two few.

I am not operating that Luck is a guarantee Day 1 guy.  More of a right now everything is pointing in the positive in my mind, and as a GM I know I could grab a FA for a few games if need be and let JB do his thing anyways.  We are not looking at a whole season situation.  If the whole season situation was in jeopardy then Luck would be out all season again.  That would lead to a lot of other issues...

Again, I do not see White or a few other guys as just camp arms.  I see them as true talent that could be the backup for a year or two and move into a better role eventually.  BUT in our situation, I have a starter and a back-up right now.  Grabbing a guy in the 3rd is counterproductive in my eyes.  If I am Ballard I am rolling the dice and building my D and grabbing good depth with every pick (and I already have QB depth).

Wilson and Prescott came into a situation that was nice for them yes.  Not disagreeing with any of that.  That point remains that I could throw countless examples to go against your point.  You have two examples of guys that went to a built team.  Colts are not in that situation.  So lets not get carried away with these two names. 

7 hours ago, DaColts85 said:

You have two examples of guys that went to a built team.  Colts are not in that situation.  So lets not get carried away with these two names. 

So I guess you'll add Wentz, Goff, Watson, and possibly Trubisky,, Garoppolo etc. to that list too...

And Colts stay unbuilt and bad until Luck comes back and hides all the warts... got it.

13 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

So I guess you'll add Wentz, Goff, Watson, and possibly Trubisky,, Garoppolo etc. to that list too...

And Colts stay unbuilt and bad until Luck comes back and hides all the warts... got it.

Man you really tried to build up what I said.  Are you a lawyer?

Seattle had one of the best defenses in the league...fact

Cowboys have a great line and running game with top 15 D...fact

Colts, minus Luck, bottom D and O with a subpar line and subpar talent at a lot of positions.  Not even close to a built team.  If you can't see that then I cannot help you sir.  Again, apples are usually compared to apples but you are missing that.  Can this be fixed over the next two years...yes.  Especially with a new coaching scheme.

Goff had a great offensive scheme come in and really help him.  Like I am hoping for Luck or even JB if something happens.

Wentz is a solid QB which is why he was #2 overall....not sure how that fits in your argument.

Trubisky was highly drafted and clearly struggled.  His team is not nearly close to being built so again failed with that one.

Jimmy G...Pats?  Built up with no need for him.

Jimmy G... 49ers, he showed he could help that team for sure....you finally found one!

Agree that Ballard could trade that 3rd #2, especially since many of my prospects for that pick could be snagged a little later.  However, the only wildly unbelievable pick in your mock is Wynn at 36.  I’d be mildly surprised if he lasts into the 20s.  As I try to mock the entire first two rounds, I’m becoming more and more pessimistic that we’ll have an interior guy left for us.  I keep coming to the conclusion that Billy Price comes off the board no later than 34, after Hernandez went in the early- to mid-20s.  If it pans out that way, I’d be penciling in Austin Corbett for that last 2nd or our 3rd.  Same place I want to pencil in Darius Leonard, as the LBs aren’t falling in our favor earlier in the draft..,

5 hours ago, DaColts85 said:

Man you really tried to build up what I said.  Are you a lawyer?

Seattle had one of the best defenses in the league...fact

Cowboys have a great line and running game with top 15 D...fact

Colts, minus Luck, bottom D and O with a subpar line and subpar talent at a lot of positions.  Not even close to a built team.  If you can't see that then I cannot help you sir.  Again, apples are usually compared to apples but you are missing that.  Can this be fixed over the next two years...yes.  Especially with a new coaching scheme.

Goff had a great offensive scheme come in and really help him.  Like I am hoping for Luck or even JB if something happens.

Wentz is a solid QB which is why he was #2 overall....not sure how that fits in your argument.

Trubisky was highly drafted and clearly struggled.  His team is not nearly close to being built so again failed with that one.

Jimmy G...Pats?  Built up with no need for him.

Jimmy G... 49ers, he showed he could help that team for sure....you finally found one!

Whats your point again?  It's fact Wilson was drafted to be a backup ... to a Built team you say?  Yet he won the starter job?  So the backup became the starter in training camp because of the Defense?

Dak Prescott was not the cowboys first choice, or to be their starter! I remember rumblings they tried like crazy to move up to draft Paxton Lynch to groom on the bench.  They didn't and got Dak instead . Romo gets hurt, Dak takes over and it is only because of the O line he is good?  Truth is, those teams had good backups that were above average starter QB skill.

Answer me this... who is a better QB... Russell Wilson or Jacoby Brissett?  And who is Jacoby Brissett's backup, in case Luck cant go. Kaaya? Walker? Can they win two out of 4 games pressed into a starting role?

My position is I don't feel JB is anything more than a starter (between 15 and 22 on the list) at his ceiling.  Until he proves he can go 2-2 in a 4 game stretch as a backup, then it is time for a new backup. and if Luck never gets back to his previous skill level... well...  we might become a team in QB purgatory.  My pint is whether you appear to be built or not, you have to have skilled and smart QB's ready to play.  Not Just an elite guy ( injured, that hasn't played in a game since the end of 2016) and another teams 3rd stringer, with no real backup behind him.  And to sign a more expensive FA last minute that doesn't know the playbook n or worked with the receivers for timing is a recipe for disaster. We've seen it play out.  we have enough draft capitla to expend an early 3rd on a potential Wilson, Cousins, or Prescott in my opinion.  That's all.  An extra position player in round 3 this year likely won't propel us to the division championship.

1 hour ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Whats your point again?  It's fact Wilson was drafted to be a backup ... to a Built team you say?  Yet he won the starter job?  So the backup became the starter in training camp because of the Defense?

Dak Prescott was not the cowboys first choice, or to be their starter! I remember rumblings they tried like crazy to move up to draft Paxton Lynch to groom on the bench.  They didn't and got Dak instead . Romo gets hurt, Dak takes over and it is only because of the O line he is good?  Truth is, those teams had good backups that were above average starter QB skill.

Answer me this... who is a better QB... Russell Wilson or Jacoby Brissett?  And who is Jacoby Brissett's backup, in case Luck cant go. Kaaya? Walker? Can they win two out of 4 games pressed into a starting role?

My position is I don't feel JB is anything more than a starter (between 15 and 22 on the list) at his ceiling.  Until he proves he can go 2-2 in a 4 game stretch as a backup, then it is time for a new backup. and if Luck never gets back to his previous skill level... well...  we might become a team in QB purgatory.  My pint is whether you appear to be built or not, you have to have skilled and smart QB's ready to play.  Not Just an elite guy ( injured, that hasn't played in a game since the end of 2016) and another teams 3rd stringer, with no real backup behind him.  And to sign a more expensive FA last minute that doesn't know the playbook n or worked with the receivers for timing is a recipe for disaster. We've seen it play out.  we have enough draft capitla to expend an early 3rd on a potential Wilson, Cousins, or Prescott in my opinion.  That's all.  An extra position player in round 3 this year likely won't propel us to the division championship.

Good lord do you even know what your babbling about anymore.  Look you want us to Draft White, I do not.  Pretty plain and simple.  If we do not agree then ok. 

I am not going back and forth anymore over random stuff that you are trying to point out.  I mean these "examples" you are going after are horrible.  Wow Wilson out played a terrible Matt Flynn....BACKUP, to win the job.  Flynn was named starter for an offseason, not really true to your point.  And the success you are trying to point out with this example feeds into a team not just WIlson.  Now Wilson is solid for sure, but his TEAM was very good as well.  Allowing for some solid success in the long run...again I thought this was easy to see, but apparently not.

Who is better Wilson or JB?  Really this is what you are going to do to prove your point...I'll take neither and rather take Tom Brady at the end of the draft instead of the middle rounds.  See how I can play that as well.  Brady and Romo did great for themselves and were end of the draft guys or undrafted.  Let's just do this.

On 4/10/2018 at 4:01 PM, ColtsBlueFL said:

I don't see Colts picking up a QB in the mid round for the fact that they most likely won't carry 3 QBs on there 53 man roster if Luck is healthy. If Luck is IR than they will promote a QB from the practice squad, being prepared for injuries is a good thing but using a mid round pick for such a scenario, where you have to be seriously unlucky to happen is ridiculous especially since we need players in other areas.

As for the Mock draft I don't see us using two picks on WR just because this is not a good WR draft and there will be better players available in other areas of need.

27 minutes ago, DaColts85 said:

Good lord do you even know what your babbling about anymore.  Look you want us to Draft White, I do not.  Pretty plain and simple.  If we do not agree then ok. 

I am not going back and forth anymore over random stuff that you are trying to point out.  I mean these "examples" you are going after are horrible.  Wow Wilson out played a terrible Matt Flynn....BACKUP, to win the job.  Flynn was named starter for an offseason, not really true to your point.  And the success you are trying to point out with this example feeds into a team not just WIlson.  Now Wilson is solid for sure, but his TEAM was very good as well.  Allowing for some solid success in the long run...again I thought this was easy to see, but apparently not.

Who is better Wilson or JB?  Really this is what you are going to do to prove your point...I'll take neither and rather take Tom Brady at the end of the draft instead of the middle rounds.  See how I can play that as well.  Brady and Romo did great for themselves and were end of the draft guys or undrafted.  Let's just do this.

Well Jim Miller (ex Bears QB that had Lucks injuriy/surgeries) just had Colts trade up with Giants to #2 (our next year #1 and this year #37) to select Baker Mayfield.  So I'm not the only one...

Our QB situation is a horrid situation right now, and you don't care because we have a bad team that has needs.  I get it. so we are finished, I want White/Lauletta, Falk with a 3rd, you are fine with JB (you cannot count on Luck right now, no indication to as of yet).

8 minutes ago, Zoltan said:

I don't see Colts picking up a QB in the mid round for the fact that they most likely won't carry 3 QBs on there 53 man roster if Luck is healthy. If Luck is IR than they will promote a QB from the practice squad, being prepared for injuries is a good thing but using a mid round pick for such a scenario, where you have to be seriously unlucky to happen is ridiculous especially since we need players in other areas.

As for the Mock draft I don't see us using two picks on WR just because this is not a good WR draft and there will be better players available in other areas of need.

I never did a mock, nor suggested we pick 2 WR's. So i assume that is your opinion to the OP. 

Our practice squad QB's can't win a game, IMO.  Certainly not go 2 and 2 in a 4 game stretch.  But it always seems so many of our fans don't care about the backup QB, just put all faith in our #1, or lose games and get a high draft slot next year if he can't play.

On 4/11/2018 at 7:52 AM, ColtsBlueFL said:

So let's say that Luck is available and Brissett is our backup, then would you be Okay with a 3/4 round QB getting cut and maybe making it to the practice squad if others don't sign him because carrying 3 QBs to the 53 man roster is a luxury we can't afford, especially since we will most likely carry more OL than a normal team, (Since Mewhort will likely be injured since his knees are structurally messed up)

that's a 3rd round pick who could of been a CB like Meeks who shows potential to be a great backup/ possible starter or a LB like Fred Warner who could be a potential starter

1 minute ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

I never did a mock, nor suggested we pick 2 WR's. So i assume that is your opinion to the OP. 

Our practice squad QB's can't win a game, IMO.  Certainly not go 2 and 2 in a 4 game stretch.  But it always seems so many of our fans don't care about the backup QB, just put all faith in our #1, or lose games and get a high draft slot next year if he can't play.

Yeah it was that's why it was in a different paragraph and We do have a backup that's good his name is Brissett, that's why I'm not worried about our Backup's Backup

11 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Well Jim Miller (ex Bears QB that had Lucks injuriy/surgeries) just had Colts trade up with Giants to #2 (our next year #1 and this year #37) to select Baker Mayfield.  So I'm not the only one...

Our QB situation is a horrid situation right now, and you don't care because we have a bad team that has needs.  I get it.

Why would be trade back from 3 to 6 to trade to number 2? Jim Miller seems uneducated about our situation, also he played in the late 90s and early 2000s, surgery has gotten a lot better in that time, not to mention rehab

Just now, Zoltan said:

So let's say that Luck is available

That is the problem, this has to be assumed he wont go;  until he actually shows/proves he can.  That is months away at the minimum.

Just now, Zoltan said:

and Brissett is our backup, then would you be Okay with a 3/4 round QB getting cut and maybe making it to the practice squad if others don't sign him because carrying 3 QBs to the 53 man roster is a luxury we can't afford, especially since we will most likely carry more OL than a normal team, (Since Mewhort will likely be injured since his knees are structurally messed up)

that's a 3rd round pick who could of been a CB like Meeks who shows potential to be a great backup/ possible starter or a LB like Fred Warner who could be a potential starter

If luck is fine, then anybody signed off our practice squad has to be put on the other teams 53 man roster. Freshly drafted unproven rookie QB. Patriots carried 3 QB's, and Ballard had to trade one of our 1st round draft picks to get their 3rd string QB.  I wonder if he takes a another chance this year...

Just now, ColtsBlueFL said:

That is the problem, this has to be assumed he wont go;  until he actually shows/proves he can.  That is months away at the minimum.

If luck is fine, then anybody signed off our practice squad has to be put on the other teams 53 man roster. Freshly drafted unproven rookie QB. Patriots carried 3 QB's, and Ballard had to trade one of our 1st round draft picks to get their 3rd string QB.  I wonder if he takes a another chance this year...

Patriots carried 3 QBs because Brady was 40 entire different scenario and was suspended, last year they only carried two, they traded Brissett before the 53 man deadline to us because they didn't plan on keeping him, and we needed a QB and that first round draft pick was Phillip Dorsett who was a bust, and was fighting for the WR3 position which he was losing. I will be surprised if he makes the patriots roster this year

54 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Our QB situation is a horrid situation right now, and you don't care because we have a bad team that has needs.  I get it. so we are finished, I want White/Lauletta, Falk with a 3rd, you are fine with JB (you cannot count on Luck right now, no indication to as of yet).

I am not putting all my chips on Jim Miller.

You can be the pessimist in this and go any direction you want.  I will see the positive and believe Luck will play this year.  If he misses a game or two JB will be fine.  If the world ends as you can only see, then I guess we will crash and burn this year.