Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Roquan Smith cleared of any medical red flags

Because he is undersized as a LB prospect I don't see him going top 10. To me, he is expected to be drafted top 20 at best. If Ballard made a deal with the Bills, he could be had with the 22nd overall pick in my opinion. Or at least right around that spot. The 12th pick should then be used to try and get Quenton Nelson. 

Just now, BProland85 said:

Because he is undersized as a LB prospect I don't see him going top 10. To me, he is expected to be drafted top 20 at best. If Ballard made a deal with the Bills, he could be had with the 22nd overall pick in my opinion. Or at least right around that spot. The 12th pick should then be used to try and get Quenton Nelson. 

Nelson at 12 and Roquan at 22... in what universe?  These are two of the best players in this class.

I'd take Roquan top 10 without hesitation.

3 minutes ago, bananabucket said:

Nelson at 12 and Roquan at 22... in what universe?  These are two of the best players in this class.

I'd take Roquan top 10 without hesitation.

In what universe is roquan the best or second best player in the draft? 

7 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Smith will be drafted top 15 for sure.  He is tops among his position.  Edmonds is the only guy that might be taking ahead of him.  Nelson is also a top 15 player.  If we trade Buffalo for the 2 first's you would be looking at maybe Nelson (12) and then Evans or Vander Esch (22), but this would be somewhat forcing the position into the value of the pick.. 

46 minutes ago, BProland85 said:

Nelson will likely be long gone at 12.   Almost no chance.  He may be gone in the top-5, but certainly top-10.

Second, Smith ran 4.5 at the combine weighing 235.   He's not the 225 pounds he was listed in college.

In other words,  he's not too small anymore.   The trend on linebackers is lighter and faster.   Smith is now perfect size...

And Smith is likely top-15...   he'll be long gone by 22...   please start reading reputable websites! NFL.com is ...  FREE!!

I'd take Roquan at 12 in a heartbeat. Of course if Edmunds isn't there.  And at 22 I'd take Hernandez or Vander Esch.  

Having Smith at the Will and Vander Esch at the MLB is my dream... the only better dream would be Edmunds and Smith with Smith having some type of miraculous fall to 22... Lol. And late in the 2nd (another part of the Bills trade) we take Jefferson or Baker and have our 3 linebackers for the next 5 to 10 years.