• Terrelle Pryor
    • Pugh
    • Mathieu
    • Other - Comment

• Superman changed the title to FA wish list for Alex22
10 minutes ago, Alex22 said:

Hope we sign this guy. 

Perfect fit for our new D

I think EJ is sub-5'11"...   not sure if Ballard wants to sign a small outside corner?

My guess is he's not who we want...   then again,  I don't know how negotiations are with Melvin,  so who knows?

So......     maybe...

Just now, Alex22 said:

Thanks! 

Kind of you to do so. 

It would have been kind of you to title your original thread(s) in this way.

Using the title "Player X Signing" on signing day, when said player HADN'T ACTUALLY SIGNED, was understandably misunderstood.  For future reference.

Unless your intent was to annoy folks, in that case, congratulations.  :thmup:

Just now, Lucky Colts Fan said:

It would have been kind of you to title your original thread(s) in this way.

Using the title "Player X Signing" on signing day, when said player HADN'T ACTUALLY SIGNED, was understandably misunderstood.  For future reference.

Unless your intent was to annoy folks, in that case, congratulations.  :thmup:

If they were signed I would have said ‘signed’. I guess it’s the English language getting in the way again.

Anyway sorry to confuse.

Just now, Alex22 said:

If they were signed I would have said ‘signed’. I guess it’s the English language getting in the way again.

Anyway sorry to confuse.

No worries.  Confusion happens more easily in non-face-to-face interactions.

And hindsight is 20/20.  Using the word "signing" today (of all days) usually means a player has signed with a team.

So many of us thought your thread(s) were literally about the Colts ACTUALLY signing a player.  Imagine our disappointment when it was just your wish-list...

:dunno:  :thmup:

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I usually am all for signing guys that are around 27 (getting younger) but in Suh's case I would be thrilled to get him. He just turned 31 but is still a Good player. Man would he clog the middle up! If we add him to the D.Line, our D.Line all of the sudden really looks respectable.

Hopefully he has matured

2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Hopefully he has matured

I am not aware of any real problems when he was at Miami.  His time in Detroit was terrible but that hot head Jim Schwartz certainly didn't set a very good example.  I wouldn't worry about his attitude so much, but maybe there's more to the story that I know about.

If the concern is still about his time in Detroit, yeah, I've moved on from that.  

1 minute ago, TheEdgeis1 said:

Honey badger, can you imagine him and hooker together back there!  

Imagine if we added him (he's only 25 by the way) and Suh. Our D.Line would have Suh and Hankins + Shread, and the guy we signed today, etc.. Simon is Good too! Then we would have Hooker and Honey Badger in the Secondary. That is a nasty looking Defense.

12 minutes ago, TheEdgeis1 said:

Honey badger, can you imagine him and hooker together back there!  

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Imagine if we added him (he's only 25 by the way) and Suh. Our D.Line would have Suh and Hankins + Shread, and the guy we signed today, etc.. Simon is Good too! Then we would have Hooker and Honey Badger in the Secondary. That is a nasty looking Defense.

5 minutes ago, Trueman said:

Is the Badger available? I’ve been outta the loop today.

Thank you @TheEdgeis1 for setting up the joke.

Shame on @2006Coltsbestever and @Trueman for messing it up.

Yes I can imagine Honey Badger and The Hooker getting together back there.  Together, they will make the Sweetest Nastiest Hooker you have ever seen...

tenor.gif?itemid=5632989

54 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I think EJ is sub-5'11"...   not sure if Ballard wants to sign a small outside corner?

My guess is he's not who we want...   then again,  I don't know how negotiations are with Melvin,  so who knows?

So......     maybe...

Gaines is better and younger. 

Melvin played good in press man but how do we know what he does in a zone sit down scheme. 

I still think we should have gone after Sherman the GOAT, but i guess we will just watch the 49ers will the Superbowl next year.  

1 minute ago, Alex22 said:

Gaines is better and younger. 

Melvin played good in press man but how do we know what he does in a zone sit down scheme. 

I still think we should have gone after Sherman the GOAT, but i guess we will just watch the 49ers will the Superbowl next year.  

Gaines is smaller and much much more expensive.    Ballard knows if Melvin can play zone, and since he wants to keep him the answer appears to be yes. 

Sherman was NEVER coming to Indy.  He wanted SF so he can face Seattle twice a year.   It's personal for Richard.

4 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Gaines is smaller and much much more expensive.    Ballard knows if Melvin can play zone, and since he wants to keep him the answer appears to be yes. 

Sherman was NEVER coming to Indy.  He wanted SF so he can face Seattle twice a year.   It's personal for Richard.

However he may have just said he wanted to keep Melvin.

Melvin started in the zone D in Tampa and had trouble. he only got noticed playing the man to man stuff. 

Gaines could be like Tim Jennings revival in Chicago, Jennings is a smaller CB who excelled in zone