Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts FA Strategy

44 minutes ago, lance_m8 said:

Do you guys think Ballard will be patient or aggressive to start FA obviously he is a guy who takes his time but I could see Hitchens and Norwell signed on day 1.

He's only done FA as a general manager once...   so he doesn't have much of a track record...

Think he waited till Day 2 or 3 last year.

But I'd guess that with 80 million he'd like to sign someone on Day 1.   Not sure the day matters to him.   Suspect only the price matters.

But I'd say Hutchins and/or Bradham from Philly or Whitehead from Detroit might interest Ballard on Day 1..

13 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

He's only done FA as a general manager once...   so he doesn't have much if a track record...

Think he waited till Day 2 or 3 last year.

But I'd guess that with 80 million he'd like to sign someone on Day 1.   Not sure the day matters to him.   Suspect only the price matters.

But I'd say Hutchins and/or Bradham from Philly or Whitehead from Detroit might interest Ballard on Day 1..

He also may be looking at Robey-Coleman, Okafor, RB-McKinnon, Richardson, Kline and Sutton.

These are a few guys that could improve this team.

If we do not sign Norwell day 1 then he is gone.  I say he again is patient.  His early grabs might be Hitchens, Sitton, Fulton, and our own guys.  Melvin, Desir, Mingo, etc...

I would love to go after Trumaine Johnson!  He can be the big money guy and then we do not have to worry about signing Melvin, unless he agrees on a team friendly deal.  Rather sign Desir as depth and have some good CB's.  The line can be helped a lot with guys other than Norwell.

Andrew Siciliano on the NFL network today showed a picture of the front of St. Elmo's Steakhouse and said he might have to go back there tonight for the Shrimp Cocktail.  He then said let me tell you deals are being made right now at  St. Elmos.  FA is off and running.  

He'll probably go after a couple big names. Whether they want to come here or not is a different story.

3 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Andrew Siciliano on the NFL network today showed a picture of the front of St. Elmo's Steakhouse and said he might have to go back there tonight for the Shrimp Cocktail.  He then said let me tell you deals are being made right now at  St. Elmos.  FA is off and running.  

Is this a reference to the Colts or teams in general? And why would Sciliano have to go back to the Steakhouse? He's not a player.

1 hour ago, IndyScribe said:

He'll probably go after a couple big names. Whether they want to come here or not is a different story.

Is this a reference to the Colts or teams in general? And why would Sciliano have to go back to the Steakhouse? He's not a player.

A reference to teams in general.  My guess is he would go back to see if he could spot agents having dinner with GMs. A reporter trying to see if he could connect some dots?  They're always looking for potential news. 

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

I don’t know about the shrimp cocktail but the spicy Asian shrimp...omg! :P

2 minutes ago, dgambill said:

It’s been so long...I don’t eat too bad down here but getting up there is a special treat once every few years.

Yeah, it's been a while for me as well. It's a little pricy for me now that I lived on a fixed income.

I have learned to fix some pretty nice steaks at home now so it's all good.

I will have to look up the recipe for spicy Asian shrimp. Sounds good.

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

Yeah, it's been a while for me as well. It's a little pricy for me now that I lived on a fixed income.

I have learned to fix some pretty nice steaks at home now so it's all good.

I will have to look up the recipe for spicy Asian shrimp. Sounds good.

It’s a boom boom shrimp style thing. Now that I think about it can’t remember if I ate it there or Ruth and Chris’s but food at both is basically same and both delicious. We have an awesome steakhouse down here where I live with huge bone in ribeyes that is like 50 oz and these amazing tamales that were on food network. I just ate and I’m already mouth watering for a steak now that you mentioned it.

17 minutes ago, dgambill said:

It’s a boom boom shrimp style thing. Now that I think about it can’t remember if I ate it there or Ruth and Chris’s but food at both is basically same and both delicious. We have an awesome steakhouse down here where I live with huge bone in ribeyes that is like 50 oz and these amazing tamales that were on food network. I just ate and I’m already mouth watering for a steak now that you mentioned it.

Man, tamales might be one of my favorite foods of all. Now you are making me hungry! :D