Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Official: Nick Sirianni hired as Colts' OC

zibby43

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will say that I'm from VA and I did know the difference between UI and YUP. Not that it makes any difference...lol.

I will say that from a poster on a forum, that error is excusable, but for a "journalist", it's lazy. Just from the 1 article I read on Sirianni I knew he was a DB coach for UIP and as soon as I saw the Hoosier piece, I knew it was incorrect.

Just now, Shive said:

I will say that I'm from VA and I did know the difference between UI and YUP. Not that it makes any difference...lol.

I will say that from a poster on a forum, that error is excusable, but for a "journalist", it's lazy. Just from the 1 article I read on Sirianni I knew he was a DB coach for UIP and as soon as I saw the Hoosier piece, I knew it was incorrect.

BINGO!

We have a winner. 

1 minute ago, Shive said:

Nicely put

Nothing like causing controversy on the Colts forum. The journalist is probably a member here and just wanted to watch the melee of the heyday go down. (I do believe that what I said does make sense and can be interpreted as grammatically correct) but I’m certainly no English professor! 

1 minute ago, Shive said:

Feel the same but because of my background(I had to have every one of my papers proof read and provide evidence) I understand how this mistake could happen 

2 minutes ago, Happy2BeHere said:

Nothing like causing controversy on the Colts forum. The journalist is probably a member here and just wanted to watch the melee of the heyday go down. (I do believe that what I said does make sense and can be interpreted as grammatically correct) but I’m certainly no English professor! 

Yes it is

14 minutes ago, NorthernBlue said:

This is like the 8th thread this week that got derailed because of some really dumb and irrelevant argument. 

I said it yesterday, I'll say it again. Watching the 4-12 Colts is easier than this.

I’ve been coming to these boards since 04-05 and I can honestly say it’s turning into a one of the worst forums as far as football talk. 

Maybe our record is causing this but I don’t remember it being this bad ever.  Suprisingly the Jags forum is actually won of the better forums in our division. 

6 minutes ago, Aluckiswolverine said:

I’ve been coming to these boards since 04-05 and I can honestly say it’s turning into a one of the worst forums as far as football talk. 

Maybe our record is causing this but I don’t remember it being this bad ever.  Suprisingly the Jags forum is actually won of the better forums in our division. 

Always happens during a He off season

ESPN Reporting this too:

The Indianapolis Colts will name Los Angeles Chargers wide receivers coach Nick Sirianni as their new offensive coordinator, sources told ESPN's Adam Schefter and Field Yates.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22413494/indianapolis-colts-name-los-angeles-chargers-assistant-nick-sirianni-new-o-coordinator

7 minutes ago, indyagent17 said:

he definitely was not on my short list of people to become our new offensive coordinator

quite a promotion.  as long as they're hungry and smart,,,,not Princeton grads, but football smart or Billichik smart.  I hope he fly's in tonight or first thing tomorrow and can make the presser at 3:30pm 02/13/2018.  I'd love to hear him talk about offensive philosophies. 

4 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Actually...   the Pats HAD stopped Lynch twice earlier in the game on third and short.

And the reason Seattle ran that play is because they had used it multiple times in the regular season and had not been stopped.

The Seahawks had been so successful with that pick play in the regular season that the Pats had picked up on it in film study.   They told their players that Seattle would run that play if they hit the chance.

And yet,  here's the rub...   the Pats couldn't stop it in practice all week in practice.   Not once.   And they practiced for it all week long leading up to the SB.   This is documented by the Pats own video in their SB film "Do your job."

But in the game, the Seahawks intended target didn't run the route flat enough allowing Butler to knife in and make the interception.   Poor execution.

I personally didnt line the call..  but history was on Seattle's side.  And the Pats predicted the play.   Props go to them.

Like me you are intitled toy your own opinion and I think its safe to say we will agree to disagree on this subject.

1 minute ago, Superman said:

Yeah it's just a matter of time, but the Colts haven't named him the OC yet.

This a done deal. 

The Colts are not going to announce anything on the day of Edwin's funeral. This is why we did not hold a press conference for Reich today. 

37 minutes ago, Aluckiswolverine said:

Ironic to me as I posted at the end of January that I thought the webpage was great in January.

I think things changed in February with the rumors of JM getting cold feet...   then he officially backed out...   and things went south here...    then EJ died in a terribly tragic accident...    then the candidates to replace JM seemed to underwhelm many here..    and no one was happy..

Then Frank is named HC and the announcement if the OC gets messed up by a false report...   fans here are more than a little frazzled...

The idea that someone here floated that this website gets this way every year, every offseason is nonsense. Pure fiction.

This off season has been like no other and people are stressed to the max...

Hopefully things will calm down soon...