Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jeff Saturday On Nfl Network

supremecoltsfan300

Saturday is in the booth on nfl network at the combine. He's doing a pretty good job. I wonder if he'll get into commentating or become an o-line coach later in life.

Some things said about Saturday/Peyton/Luck:

Saturday still wants to play football and said Peyton will play this year and he hopes he plays for the colts. Also he said that having an experienced center would help Luck by letting him focus on the reads and not the protection.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me or did it come off from what he said that the Colts have just given Manning the cold shoulder. They haven't reached out to see him throw Jeff said, he even said that doesn't come off like a team looking to bring him back..

Exactly right. If they had any interest in bringing 18 back to the Colts, wouldn't Pagano or Grigson or both carved out some time in their day to check on Manning?

Is it just me or did it come off from what he said that the Colts have just given Manning the cold shoulder. They haven't reached out to see him throw Jeff said, he even said that doesn't come off like a team looking to bring him back..

Maybe he wasn't invited to workouts with Manning.....hard to believe but maybe.

He didn't say that, one of the others did (Eisen?). But he didn't disagree. He did say he's talks to Peyton regularly.

Eisen said "It doesn't look like he's playing here (in Indy) in 2012". Eisen made the comment that the GM and coach and OC haven't seen Peyton throw.

Jeff said "If I'm the Colts and I have interest in Peyton, I'm calling him up to get him to come throw for me. I'm not going to wait for him to decide to walk in and decide to throw. I'm going to actively seek that out."

Then Mayock said "March 7th"

Exactly right. If they had any interest in bringing 18 back to the Colts, wouldn't Pagano or Grigson or both carved out some time in their day to check on Manning?

Hasn't Peyton been working out elsewhere out of state? WIth as much as they have on their plates to accomplish leading up to the combine and then the draft they may not have had time to see him. Maybe Irsay is going to go to the last day to give Peyton more time to come around. Just a thought. :dunno:

Eisen said "It doesn't look like he's playing here (in Indy) in 2012". Eisen made the comment that the GM and coach and OC haven't seen Peyton throw.

Jeff said "If I'm the Colts and I have interest in Peyton, I'm calling him up to get him to come throw for me. I'm not going to wait for him to decide to walk in and decide to throw. I'm going to actively seek that out."

Then Mayock said "March 7th"

Pretty interesting stuff....I see Saturdays point, but at the same time, you gotta give him as much time as possible to get everything right, so maybe March 7th IS the date....

Pretty interesting stuff....I see Saturdays point, but at the same time, you gotta give him as much time as possible to get everything right, so maybe March 7th IS the date....

That WAS interesting.

However, unless they've already agreed to a revised contract (assuming health), you'd think they'd do it at least a few days prior to March 7th, to give them time to finalize everything by the 8th(?).

That WAS interesting.

However, unless they've already agreed to a revised contract (assuming health), you'd think they'd do it at least a few days prior to March 7th, to give them time to finalize everything by the 8th(?).

I would think so to.

Im not sure if they have a 'draft' of the contract just waiting for results or what. But I would have to imagine if he came in say the 7th, at 9am, did his thing until say, 10am, they could having something in the works by the 8th.

To be a fly on the wall at 56th street, would help us fans greatly.

Saturday loves the commentating stuff; I expect to see him in a TV booth at some point after he retires

Cant wait for Saturday to be doing a sideline report or something , and finish with the phrase,"And now back to Peyton in the studio"....hopefully later rather than sooner.

Another successful transfer from those two!

Hasn't Peyton been working out elsewhere out of state? WIth as much as they have on their plates to accomplish leading up to the combine and then the draft they may not have had time to see him. Maybe Irsay is going to go to the last day to give Peyton more time to come around. Just a thought. :dunno:

at Duke or UNC, stil with a QB of X years and a contract situation u send a scout or QB coach or arians , both know him well

Cant wait for Saturday to be doing a sideline report or something , and finish with the phrase,"And now back to Peyton in the studio"....hopefully later rather than sooner.

Another successful transfer from those two!

I can see it now...

Jeff: And that's all from the sidelines, now back to Peyton and the guys in the studio.

Peyton: Thanks Jeff. Speaking of Super Bowl victories, you and I both have rings with the Colts. Of course, we won in 2006. Then we won our first year under Grigs and Pagano. You decided to retire at the point and I went on to win a couple more with Indy before retiring. Now, the question comes for players in today's game...

They all agreed that the OC and the HC may have seen Peyton but have lied about it.

They all agreed that Irsay and Manning have met this month and this week (in Fact Irsay has just tweeted it)

Jeff Saturday said that Peyton will throw for anyone who is willing to write a check (not speaking for peyton)

I read Saturday's face as the bird that ate the canary and he seemed to know something and was happy about it. Doubtful he'd be happy about Peyton not coming back.

Another analyst said if peyton is loyal to the colts and he could take a cut to come back if healthy OR if not loyal he can go somewhere else to get paid and win.

Everyone agrees the March 8th date can be pushed back, although that doens't mean its fact.

off topic but still relative, Polian said Manning could throw across his body to either hash IN DECEMBER.

They all agreed that the OC and the HC may have seen Peyton but have lied about it.

They all agreed that Irsay and Manning have met this month and this week (in Fact Irsay has just tweeted it)

Jeff Saturday said that Peyton will throw for anyone who is willing to write a check (not speaking for peyton)

I read Saturday's face as the bird that ate the canary and he seemed to know something and was happy about it. Doubtful he'd be happy about Peyton not coming back.

Another analyst said if peyton is loyal to the colts and he could take a cut to come back if healthy OR if not loyal he can go somewhere else to get paid and win.

Everyone agrees the March 8th date can be pushed back, although that doens't mean its fact.

off topic but still relative, Polian said Manning could throw across his body to either hash IN DECEMBER.

Not sure if that's supposed to be sarcasm or speculation.

You're right about one thing. Irsay just tweeteted that he and Peyton meet in person and 'communicate frequently'.

So Saturday said he wants to play? Either earlier this week or last week Pagano said he'd love to have Saturday back.

Looks like he'll be our center next year?

He made it clear, repeating himself twice, that he's taking offers from several teams. I truly believe he is waiting for Manning to make his showing and that situation to be solved first. I don't blame him for that either.

Irsay tweeted-

"Not sure why some speculate that Peyton n I haven't met in person recently..we've met in person n communicated frequently n last week or so"

Saturday immediately confirmed that, then added that Irsay really cares for Indy and also the Colts. He mentioned something along the lines that Manning cares for the Colts too, and wouldn't willingly put it in a bind.

What I draw from this is that Peyton is still making progress, is waiting for Colts to call to throw, and Colts may be talking contract details, and if potentially worked out, they will call him in for the workout. Maybe 3/7, then decide if it's promising and a good gamble to (re) sign him, or to part ways. Whether they restructure, release and re-sign, or set him free, I don't see the Colts paying the 28 million option, nor Peyton demanding it. (Agent... another matter LOL)

seems like the colts want to spend that 28m else where and are ready to give luck the keys to the car.

This is exactly what it seems like. I think Saturday would know if Peyton is coming back; he would not shy away from saying "Peyton will be back in Indy in my opinion". He didnt go anywhere near that territory. Makes you wonder.

FWIW I hope that Saturday is back

how can a guy under contract, not be allowed to throw for the coaches hes under contract for. Very odd rule.

And Jeff didn't seem to be aware of it.

There was something about Manning having to fail the physical to have access to the Colts' doctors, so apparently there's all sorts of rules about the team not having contact with their players during this time period.

I won't profess to understand the CBA, but this is language directly from it:

"Nothing herein shall prevent a Club from permitting an individual player to work out on his own prior to the commencement of the Club’s official offseason workout program using the Club facilities if the player wishes to do so, except that no club official may indicate to a player that such individual workouts are not voluntary, or that a player’s failure to participate in such workouts will result in the player’s failure to make the Club (or that a player’s failure to participate in a workout program or classroom instruction will result in the player’s failure to make the Club or result in any other adverse consequences affecting his working conditions)."

To me, that means that it's up to Peyton if he wants to 'work out' at the Luke. In other words, there are legal ways that he can throw if he wishes. But it doesn't sound like he has to.