Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

My Free Agent Wish List That Might Be Somewhat Reasonable

The Peytonator

Brandon Carr CB - Kansas City - Legit number 1 corner even though he's been in Flowers' shadow in KC. He's only 26. Might not be really expensive just for the fact that he's been considered a '#2' CB his career. Although I will say, our CB play might have been worse than it should have been with a better scheme. KC has Flowers, just signed Stanford Routt, and they have Javier Arenas. Carr might just not be needed by them anymore.

Evan Mathis G - Philadelphia - Right up there with Carl Nicks in ability, but this last year was his first chance of playing a full season. Pro Football Focus had him rated as the best guard in the league, so I think that says something about the guy. I have no idea what he would cost, but at 30 years old, he could provide us with 5 or so years of excellent guard play. Hey some guys are just late bloomers.

Stevie Johnson WR - Buffalo - On SportsNation during Super Bowl week he caught 12 balls......at the same time. He might be kind of a 'character' issue guy, but he makes plays. As long as he's not at DeSean Jackson level on character issue, I'm willing to give him a contract and see what he can do. He's like a better version of Garcon.....and apparently Garcon wants number 1 money, we should just give his money to Johnson. Get someone with better hands, had only 5 drops this year, even more explosive, and made plays in Buffalo no less.

Red Bryant DE - Seattle - I mean come on. A 320 lb DE that can take interceptions to the house. How can you not want that guy? Monster against the run just by his shear size. He might make for a better 2 gap system, but hey, what's wrong with one of your linemen controlling two gaps? I don't see a problem with that if you can make it work.

Oh and also Antonio 'Hello Kitty' Garay. Just because he's bada$$.

lol I KNEW someone was gonna bring this one up.....but like he said, it was God's fault so.....

But seriously he had a case of drops in 2010, but 2011 he was light years better.

I just can't get that image away. I am an avid Steeler hater, and I went from pure joy to capable of destroying a city anger in a split second.

I just can't get that image away. I am an avid Steeler hater, and I went from pure joy to capable of destroying a city anger in a split second.

So you're probably against Stevie on our roster I presume?

That's cool, I feel the same way about people who recommend going after Tracy Porter in free agency.

A lot of people are talking about how deep the WR free agency pool is this offseason but I personally don't see it.

Vincent 'Probably another franchise tag' Jackson - nah

Wes 'Whoooopadydoo a slot guy, those are real hard to find' Welker - nah plus he's old

Dwayne Bowe - Well he did make that sweet catch over Lacey. Granted, it was over Jacob Lacey - perhaps, if we want to spend bank on someone that'll probably never live up to his contract

Marques 'System receiver' Colston - Actually I don't know if he's a 'system' guy, but I know NO has a lot of weapons and it probably makes his job a lot easier

DeSean 'Hellzzzno' Jackson - I think his nickname says enough

Mike 'Give me Larry Fitzgerald money' Wallace - I'm not even willing to pay Jim Irsay's money for that.

Stevie Johnson just makes the most sense for me.

A lot of people are talking about how deep the WR free agency pool is this offseason but I personally don't see it.

Vincent 'Probably another franchise tag' Jackson - nah

Wes 'Whoooopadydoo a slot guy, those are real hard to find' Welker - nah plus he's old

Dwayne Bowe - Well he did make that sweet catch over Lacey. Granted, it was over Jacob Lacey - perhaps, if we want to spend bank on someone that'll probably never live up to his contract

Marques 'System receiver' Colston - Actually I don't know if he's a 'system' guy, but I know NO has a lot of weapons and it probably makes his job a lot easier

DeSean 'Hellzzzno' Jackson - I think his nickname says enough

Mike 'Give me Larry Fitzgerald money' Wallace - I'm not even willing to pay Jim Irsay's money for that.

Stevie Johnson just makes the most sense for me.

You're being cynical. Throw Reggie and Pierre on that list, and add a few other veterans that will be looking for teams (Hines Ward, Randy Moss, Brandon Lloyd, Mario Manningham, Robert Meachem, Braylon Edwards, Mike Sims-Walker, etc.) There are a lot of receivers available this season.

I like Stevie Johnson too, though. I don't think he has character issues, I just think he was over the top with a couple of his celebrations.

You're being cynical. Throw Reggie and Pierre on that list, and add a few other veterans that will be looking for teams (Hines Ward, Randy Moss, Brandon Lloyd, Mario Manningham, Robert Meachem, Braylon Edwards, Mike Sims-Walker, etc.) There are a lot of receivers available this season.

I like Stevie Johnson too, though. I don't think he has character issues, I just think he was over the top with a couple of his celebrations.

I don't like any of those guys you listed except Reg, Pierre, and Lloyd to an extent. My problem with him is he's kinda old, same with Wayne. Garcon is looking for a megadeal so he's probably out of the picture too.

I'm not real familiar with Sims-Walker so I can't discount him though.

Ok how does this sound? Let's say for some reason Garçon & Reggie leave (ala hypothetical scenario). What if Floyd, Shanu or Alshon fall to the second? I also don't like the guy much but I don't think he would dare make trouble for our team or he would be done, but we snag Desean Jackson via trade or what not (since the Eagles seem to be open for options). Then our WR core could be Alshon, Sanu or Floyd, & Desean then Collie & slot.

Now before I get hammered for this scenario, this is only if Reggie & Garçon aren't on the team and the options are possible. I would rather have both Reggie/Garçon any day than Floyd, Alshon, or Sanu and Desean.

I'd love to grab Carr.....I was a big 'Sign Sydney Rice guy" last year, to no avail, but of all the WR, I would want Stevie the most. He's put Revis in his place multiple times.

The last 2 years he's had 158rec, 2077yds, 17TDs, in Buffalo of all places.....He probably won't demand too much, but its someone I would feel comfotable giving signifcant $ to, and hope he pans out....Much more so than Garcon.

I'd love to grab Carr.....I was a big 'Sign Sydney Rice guy" last year, to no avail, but of all the WR, I would want Stevie the most. He's put Revis in his place multiple times.

The last 2 years he's had 158rec, 2077yds, 17TDs, in Buffalo of all places.....He probably won't demand too much, but its someone I would feel comfotable giving signifcant $ to, and hope he pans out....Much more so than Garcon.

Stevie Johnson could not put Revis in any place other than locked down if the Jets had a pass rush. Rewatch the game, Johnson kept working back to the ball and worked down field because they had all day to throw.

Stevie Johnson could not put Revis in any place other than locked down if the Jets had a pass rush. Rewatch the game, Johnson kept working back to the ball and worked down field because they had all day to throw.

theres one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czvJoThRzlw

theres two

2011 Vs Jets (2games) 11rec-159-1TD (Most yards against any team that season)

2010 Vs Jets (2games) 8rec-103-1TD

So he only averages over 4rec 65.5yards against the premier CB in the NFL.............what a scrub.....Who are his QB's again? What stadiums did he play those games in again? Who else do the Jets DB's have to focus on again?......

theres one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czvJoThRzlw

theres two

2011 Vs Jets (2games) 11rec-159-1TD (Most yards against any team that season)

2010 Vs Jets (2games) 8rec-103-1TD

So he only averages over 4rec 65.5yards against the premier CB in the NFL.............what a scrub.....Who are his QB's again? What stadiums did he play those games in again? Who else do the Jets DB's have to focus on again?......

Wow two five yard slant touchdowns, one IOC the hardest routes to cover. That doesn't justify your point it makes mine stronger, I'm talking about the yards. You really take things at face value, arguing with you is a waste of time.

and i still cant get the potential game winning fg that vanderjack (how ever his dang name is spelt) missed against pittsburgh after the bettis fumble near the goal line. man i wanted his head on a pitchfork. that was the second heartbreaking loss to the steelers in a playoff game first being the AFC Champ. with harbaugh at QB and Bailey not holding onto the ball in the endzone on the hailmary

Wow two five yard slant touchdowns, one IOC the hardest routes to cover. That doesn't justify your point it makes mine stronger, I'm talking about the yards. You really take things at face value, arguing with you is a waste of time.

Give it up, Johnson has had more success against Revis than any other WR in the league. Proving he is a quality WR.

"Ordinarily in our Marquee Matchups column we take a look at three of the more intriguing one-on-one matchups that the week’s action threw up. However, this week allowed us to review the matchup between Darrelle Revis and the man who earlier this season put up more yards in Revis’ coverage than any individual receiver has managed in the last four seasons against him, Stevie Johnson. Back in that Week 9 encounter, Johnson amassed an impressive – for Revis’ coverage – 84 yards on three receptions. In the return game this week at the new Meadowlands Stadium, Johnson put up 75 yards … the second highest mark on Revis over the last four seasons."

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/12/01/marquee-matchups-escape-from-revis-island/

Give it up, Johnson has had more success against Revis than any other WR in the league. Proving he is a quality WR.

"Ordinarily in our Marquee Matchups column we take a look at three of the more intriguing one-on-one matchups that the week’s action threw up. However, this week allowed us to review the matchup between Darrelle Revis and the man who earlier this season put up more yards in Revis’ coverage than any individual receiver has managed in the last four seasons against him, Stevie Johnson. Back in that Week 9 encounter, Johnson amassed an impressive – for Revis’ coverage – 84 yards on three receptions. In the return game this week at the new Meadowlands Stadium, Johnson put up 75 yards … the second highest mark on Revis over the last four seasons."

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2011/12/01/marquee-matchups-escape-from-revis-island/

I watched that game, numbers don't tell the whole story. You need to look deeper at things. Stevie Johnson came back to the ball for many if his catches. Revis was hung out to dry this year because they have no pass rush.

I watched that game, numbers don't tell the whole story. You need to look deeper at things. Stevie Johnson came back to the ball for many if his catches. Revis was hung out to dry this year because they have no pass rush.

Hung out to dry this year?!?

"Revis may very well be the best defensive player in football and is by far the best one in the AFC East. Revis Island only allowed one end zone landing all season long.(STEVIE JOHNSON) He allowed just 35 receptions on 85 passes thrown his way for a completion percentage of 41.2, according to Pro Football Focus.

Even by Revis' lofty standards, this was one of his best seasons in the NFL. He allowed just a 45.6 passer rating on throws in his direction, also according to PFF. His career-best before that was 2009, when he intercepted six passes in the regular season and two more in the playoffs."

http://www.profootba...m-revis-island/

lol so what they're essentially saying, in the last 4 years, the two best games a receiver had versus Revis, both came at the hands of Stevie Johnson.....from the Buffalo Bills.

lol so what they're essentially saying, in the last 4 years, the two best games a receiver had versus Revis, both came at the hands of Stevie Johnson.....from the Buffalo Bills.

Yes sir. The best CB in the NFL, and Stevie has given him fits.

Thats the type of player I want on my team. The one that goes up against the best, and comes out on top. From an individual standpoint.