Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What If We Had The Top Two Picks?

oldunclemark

Actually the the Colt in my lifetime have had the ...

1st and 2nd picks in ? not worth remembering... Emtman and Coryatt.

and once again... in 94 I think the Colts had the 2nd, Faulk and 6th Alberts...

Trev like Emtman was a really great player... but neither could stay healthy.

Just goes to show how valueable these picks are... George, Curry, Emptman, Coryatt, Alberts, and on and on .. bad drafting and just plain bad luck gets us a ...................

Petyon Manning or a Luck..

Actually the the Colt in my lifetime have had the ...

1st and 2nd picks in ? not worth remembering... Emtman and Coryatt.

and once again... in 94 I think the Colts had the 2nd, Faulk and 6th Alberts...

Trev like Emtman was a really great player... but neither could stay healthy.

Just goes to show how valueable these picks are... George, Curry, Emptman, Coryatt, Alberts, and on and on .. bad drafting and just plain bad luck gets us a ...................

Petyon Manning or a Luck..

Trev Alberts rivals Curtis Painter and Hank Baskett as the worst to ever put the horseshoe on.

Trev Alberts rivals Curtis Painter and Hank Baskett as the worst to ever put the horseshoe on.

Really...? He was hurt constantly.. I remember him running down Favre in his rookie year in a pre season game and thiking he is the next LT... Sideline to sideline... Albets was a freak athlete.

He just could not stay healthy. EVER in the pro's.

and if you want to "nit pick" ... Garcon's drop in the first half of the SB was what "led" to the on side kick.....

CATCH the darn BALL Pierre...

He is not a No..1 WR... and if iNDY pays him as one I will be pizzed.

By the way did you forget the Coryatt INT drop late in teh Pitt. AFC CG??????

Coryatt played.. and totally underachieved every day on the field.

If Indy could catch the ball they could be soooooo much more successssful...

Really.. how long have you been a Colt fan?

Albets never got started... Painter.... what did you expect? and Hank? he had a cup of coffee in Indy and was a member of the "worst ST's of the last decade"....

I can think of way more miserable Colts than these fellas.

I'll start with the current DB field... they suck.

I'd take Luck and Blackmon or I would consider Luck and then going after the 3 or 4 pick to acquire the best defensive player on the board. Maybe morris claiborne. No need for RG3 when you have the best QB prospect in the past 25 years already in tow.

If we some how got the top two picks in the draft that's the smart thing to do but you couldn't sleep on the LSU corner but I think we would get Blackmon to go with Luck but I think we have about as much chance of having the top two picks as Curtis Painter does being named the opening day starter next year over a healthy Luck or Manning.

With the first two picks, I'd take Luck AND RG3. Not only would it ensure we never have another 2011 type season, it would make all the Manning only fans on here trash their keyboards within minutes.

It would divide the fan base. RG3 would bring back even more in trade though

Really.. how long have you been a Colt fan?

Albets never got started... Painter.... what did you expect? and Hank? he had a cup of coffee in Indy and was a member of the "worst ST's of the last decade"....

I can think of way more miserable Colts than these fellas.

I'll start with the current DB field... they suck.

I have enjoyed this conversation. I am with John Dee on this one. Alberts had more athletic ability than Clay Mathews, and ran like a running back. He got hurt, and like Steve Emtmann could have been a beast for years. Emtmann coming out of college today would fit perfectly in Pagano's 3/4....a double team beast. Today's rules would have saved him from the chop block lineman. The worst ever was Art Schlichter with Blair Kiel a close second.

One other point....the most overrated is Garcon. If he really turned down a five year deal....in todays market? He thinks he is elite. Elite WRs make all of the catches and hang on to the football in crunch time....see Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne...(Yes there were times they had critical drops as well...)

One other point....the most overrated is Garcon. If he really turned down a five year deal....in todays market? He thinks he is elite. Elite WRs make all of the catches and hang on to the football in crunch time....see Marvin Harrison and Reggie Wayne...(Yes there were times they had critical drops as well...)

Marv disappeard in the 'real' crunch time(playoffs).Reggie never did tho. Props to him for that.

I will not say Marvin disappeared....I think he was doubled a lot and key on defensively.....that is how Reggie became who he is....I have slept since then.

O yea, he disappeared.

Marvin in 16 playoff games -65rec 883yd 2TDs

Reggie in 17 playoff games - 83rec, 1128yd 9TDs

For comparison sakes.

Larry Fitzgerald 6 playoff games- 42/705/9TDs <---SUPER STUD

Hines Ward in 18 games 88/1181/10

Welker 7 games 53/438/3

TO 11 games 54/751/5

Moss 12 games 47/865/10

Holt 10 games 47/630/4

O yea, he disappeared.

Marvin in 16 playoff games -65rec 883yd 2TDs

Reggie in 17 playoff games - 83rec, 1128yd 9TDs

For comparison sakes.

Larry Fitzgerald 6 playoff games- 42/705/9TDs <---SUPER STUD

Hines Ward in 18 games 88/1181/10

Welker 7 games 53/438/3

TO 11 games 54/751/5

Moss 12 games 47/865/10

Holt 10 games 47/630/4

Good info for sure....Fitz is a stud. I do not like to look at Marvin in a negative light. We never would have been there without him. Manning to Harrison is legendary. I won't have it diminished. 2nd to Rice all time is enough for me as a Colt fan. He never said a peep...unlike some of the others. Thanks for the info.

Good info for sure....Fitz is a stud. I do not like to look at Marvin in a negative light. We never would have been there without him. Manning to Harrison is legendary. I won't have it diminished. 2nd to Rice all time is enough for me as a Colt fan. He never said a peep...unlike some of the others. Thanks for the info.

Im not trying to negative light ole Marv, I love the guy, he was great and I wish we had 11 of him for our team. But for comparisions sake, he just didn't put up the #'s other 1WR did in the playoffs. Glad you dug the info tho, I love lookin up stuff like that.

Im not trying to negative light ole Marv, I love the guy, he was great and I wish we had 11 of him for our team. But for comparisions sake, he just didn't put up the #'s other 1WR did in the playoffs. Glad you dug the info tho, I love lookin up stuff like that.

IndyTrav. I do not think you are being negative. I compare this to LeBron James. Has he 'disappeared' in the playoffs? No. Has he been non-productive in the 4th Quarter? Yes he has. We can say A Rod is great, but has had a poor productivity in the World Series. With Peyton's run coming to an end, that quick slant to Marv will live in infamy to all NFL rivals. I did really like the info. Keep it up!!!

Yep... and this season's WR FA crop is STELLAR.

If i am the Colts I drop my offer now and let him twist in the wind.....